Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A treatise on Mick Wallace

Options
  • 26-02-2015 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭

mynamejeff wrote: »
    free publicity for these media whores
    what with a election looming id say wallace is afraid he will have to live on his huge tds pension soon enough.

and clare just wants to spend more time with mick

aaaaaawwwwww how cute :(:(

Wallace got over 13,000 votes in the last election, enough to get him elected more than twice over so somehow I doubt he is too worried about losing his seat.

If anything Wallace has one of the safest seats in the county so your point couldn't be much further from the truth

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wallace got over 13,000 votes in the last election, enough to get him elected more than twice over so somehow I doubt he is too worried about losing his seat.

If anything Wallace has one of the safest seats in the county so your point couldn't be much further from the truth

funny you say that every single wexford person i speak to about him expresses how much of a gangster and crook he is.
    the unpaid tax bills, the unpaid bills that he left all across the country and wexford etc

Come back to me after the election id say , the man is a side show protest vote who has been exposed as a criminal . in any other country he would have resigned long ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

funny you say that every single wexford person i speak to about him expresses how much of a gangster and crook he is.
    the unpaid tax bills, the unpaid bills that he left all across the country and wexford etc

Come back to me after the election id say , the man is a side show protest vote who has been exposed as a criminal . in any other country he would have resigned long ago,

All the Wexford people you speak to must be members of Fine Gael and Labour then because as I said 13,000 of them voted for him. You clearly have no ideas of how popular he is down there or what he has done for the locality, most of which was done before he even entered politics. Wallace was working for the community through construction long before he entered politics and the people of Wexford are well aware of that. As are any football fans in this country who know what Wexford Youths have achieved with Wallace at the helm in a short amount of time

His seat down there is far safer than the seat of Enda Kenny in Mayo or Joan Burton in Dublin Mid west, both who know internal opinion polls are saying there's a distinct possibility they will lose their seat at the next election. Which would be quite ironic given that both of them are promising that returning FG/Lab at the next election will bring 'stability', the leaders of the two governing parties losing their Dail seats doesn't sound like stability to me.

actually i was chatting to a fella last sunday and wallace came up . he told me i he was owed just over 10 0000 euro by wallace , he had benn sub contracted by wallace to work on a building and when mich declare bankruptcy he never got paid ,

palitions are crooks and some are more crooked than others

actually i was chatting to a fella last sunday and wallace came up . he told me i he was owed just over 10 0000 euro by wallace , he had benn sub contracted by wallace to work on a building and when mich declare bankruptcy he never got paid ,

palitions are crooks and some are more crooked than others

Your opinion poll of one person counts not a jot in a general election. Time will prove you very, very wrong if you think that Mick Wallace will not be voted in by the people of Wexford again.

Like i said Mick Wallace has been working for the Wexford community long long before he ever became a politican- that's what the people of Wexford will remember come election time, not his tax affairs.

Your opinion poll of one person counts not a jot in a general election. Time will prove you very, very wrong if you think that Mick Wallace will not be voted in by the people of Wexford again.

Like i said Mick Wallace has been working for the Wexford community long long before he ever became a politican- that's what the people of Wexford will remember come election time, not his tax affairs.

sinking a few bucks into wexford youths as a tax break ?

i know wexford isnt noted for much other than strawberrys but i doubt they are that stupid.

I used one example , if you want me to go through each on we will be here all night.

Aw sure time will tell, but i reckon Daly will get back in she is a professional protester and bandwagon jumper but Wallace will be turfed out on his pink ass.

• Advertisement

sinking a few bucks into wexford youths as a tax break ?

i know wexford isnt noted for much other than strawberrys but i doubt they are that stupid.

I used one example , if you want me to go through each on we will be here all night.

Aw sure time will tell, but i reckon Daly will get back in she is a professional protester and bandwagon jumper but Wallace will be turfed out on his pink ass.

Sure why don't you let us know what you've done for your local community- have you established a football club that has got thousands of local kids off the streets and produced international players for the Ireland squad? Mick Wallace has, somehow I doubt you can trump that.

Some people in this world are do-ers, others just like to sit back and moan about others getting up off their arse and nothing is ever good enough for them. Mick Wallace is a do-er and if you think he is going to go from 13,000 votes to under 3,000 and lose his seat then I think you are going to be proven very, very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Sure why don't you let us know what you've done for your local community- have you established a football club that has got thousands of local kids off the streets and produced international players for the Ireland squad? Mick Wallace has, somehow I doubt you can trump that.

Some people in this world are do-ers, others just like to sit back and moan about others getting up off their arse and nothing is ever good enough for them. Mick Wallace is a do-er and if you think he is going to go from 13,000 votes to under 3,000 and lose his seat then I think you are going to be proven very, very wrong.

and some people spend loads of money go near bankrupt don't pay PRSI and then get elected on basis of all the money they spent and they use the large TDs salary to pay off debts

Actually my full time job 60 hours a week is working in and for my local community. I pay my tax's and debts and stay off the local runways. i dont try to gain popularity in the gutter media by dressing like a clown and acting like a bold child every time there's a camera nearby.

So Saint Mick is responsible for Kevin Doyles international goals is he ? LOL

By the way wexford youths is looking a little shy of funds this last few years isnt it ?

and some people spend loads of money go near bankrupt don't pay PRSI and then get elected on basis of all the money they spent and they use the large TDs salary to pay off debts

if only they did pay off the debts to the small business men and trades men that he owes instead of running away from them,

Cant see many of them folks or their family's voting for him next time around

More rubbish from you. Wallace will be re-elected if he chooses to stand again. You're showing political bias or extreme naivety if you think otherwise.

If you think he won't then at least show us the evidence for your assertion other than 'a man down the pub told me he isn't going to vote for him'. If you're going to listen to barstool drunks for your political analysis then don't be surprised when he gets returned to the Dail again.

• Advertisement

If he chooses to run again ? you think he wont ? lol

I dont have a political bias either way . its a personality bias against crooks and thieves.

The evidence is based on first hand conversations with people that i know. Do you want dates times and exact words ?
    As an example i was speaking to three work mates ( all sober ) the other day and each of them were of the same opinion as me about Mr Wallace . All three of those voted for him last time and none would again.
    That seems to me to be empirical evidence of a sort
    Its well known that Mich Wallace left a lot of people out of pocket in his dodgy dealing .

If he is your good old uncle mick (as it sounds) then best of luck to you both.

If he chooses to run again ? you think he wont ? lol

I dont have a political bias either way . its a personality bias against crooks and thieves.

The evidence is based on first hand conversations with people that i know. Do you want dates times and exact words ?
    As an example i was speaking to three work mates ( all sober ) the other day and each of them were of the same opinion as me about Mr Wallace . All three of those voted for him last time and none would again.
    That seems to me to be empirical evidence of a sort
    Its well known that Mich Wallace left a lot of people out of pocket in his dodgy dealing .

If he is your good old uncle mick (as it sounds) then best of luck to you both.

Three people, dont make me laugh. Your opinion poll of three people represents a grand total of 0.02% of his 13,000 votes in Wexford, i.e it is completely insignificant and irrelevant. Somehow I doubt your little opinion poll will have Wallace quaking in his boots.

And you said you work for the community but you take a wage to do so, thats not exactly volunteering now is it? Not in the sense that Wallace volunteered his own money and his own time to establish Wexford Youths.

In any case you're an employee, I'd confidently say that Mick Wallace has been responsible for multiples of the amount of tax you pay to the Revenue, he has created hundreds of jobs and still does so to this day- look at how many people are employed in the Italian Quarter for instance, all paying tax because of the jobs he created. Your community work for cash wouldn't come anywhere near the millions he has funnelled into the Revenue over the years. Just like your opinion poll of three people doesn't come anywhere near what will happen in the next election. If you think he is going to lose his seat after creating hundreds of jobs in his area and establishing a well known and well liked football club off his own bat then your bias against Wallace has made you deluded. You need to separate what you want to happen and what is likely to happen. I get you don't like Wallace and are like a hurler on the ditch hoping he loses his seat, fair enough. But is it likely? Absolutely not, in fact Enda Kenny and Joan Burtons seats are in a lot more jeopardy than Wallaces is.

Three people, dont make me laugh. Your opinion poll of three people represents a grand total of 0.02% of his 13,000 votes in Wexford, i.e it is completely insignificant and irrelevant. Somehow I doubt your little opinion poll will have Wallace quaking in his boots.

And you said you work for the community but you take a wage to do so, thats not exactly volunteering now is it? Not in the sense that Wallace volunteered his own money and his own time to establish Wexford Youths.

In any case you're an employee, I'd confidently say that Mick Wallace has been responsible for multiples of the amount of tax you pay to the Revenue, he has created hundreds of jobs and still does so to this day- look at how many people are employed in the Italian Quarter for instance, all paying tax because of the jobs he created. Your community work for cash wouldn't come anywhere near the millions he has funnelled into the Revenue over the years. Just like your opinion poll of three people doesn't come anywhere near what will happen in the next election. If you think he is going to lose his seat after creating hundreds of jobs in his area and establishing a well known and well liked football club off his own bat then your bias against Wallace has made you deluded. You need to separate what you want to happen and what is likely to happen. I get you don't like Wallace and are like a hurler on the ditch hoping he loses his seat, fair enough. But is it likely? Absolutely not, in fact Enda Kenny and Joan Burtons seats are in a lot more jeopardy than Wallaces is.

you asked repeatedly for an example so i gave you one. and as i have already said every time i have occasion to talk about politics with wexicans they express the opinions that i have passed on here. there will be a protest vote ext time around but not for some one who has been exposed as badly as him

Some one who pays the taxs that are due isnt some sort of hero you know , its a social responsibility.
    you dont realise that wallace received huge tax breaks and grants for wexford youths ? you think its a charity not an business ?

wasnt the italian quarter up and running before the last election ? and going on wallaces track record on how he treats people who work for him i wouldn't be banking on all of them voting for him ,

so what is it ? are you a relative of an employe of wallace ? no one else could be so blind to the facts

http://www.legal-island.com/td-mick-wallace-is-pursued-by-ex-worker-for-10000-redundancy

think many of the workers he refused to pay will vote wallace ?

you asked repeatedly for an example so i gave you one. and as i have already said every time i have occasion to talk about politics with wexicans they express the opinions that i have passed on here. there will be a protest vote ext time around but not for some one who has been exposed as badly as him

I never asked you for any examples, it was you who came on here spouting ill informed rubbish about your opinion poll of three people, I merely challenged it and said you're talking crap if you think that three people planning not to vote for Wallace means he is going to lose his seat.
    Some one who pays the taxs that are due isnt some sort of hero you know , its a social responsibility.
    you dont realise that wallace received huge tax breaks and grants for wexford youths ? you think its a charity not an business ?

So now you're criticising Wallace for using tax breaks, the same tax breaks that were available to you, me and every other citizen of this state. According to you Wallace is nasty because he used mechanisms to fund a football club. By your twisted logic every GAA club, rugby club any club at all really who used tax breaks is somehow a nasty piece of work, thats some chip on your shoulder if thats the way you think. And perhaps you don't know much about football clubs but they don't tend to make money and you certainly don't invest in them to do so, just look at the amount of them that have gone out of business in Ireland in recent times, even the biggest League of Ireland clubs are in financial difficulty. What he did in establishing Wexford Youths was a labour of love, not a labour of profit. Again your bias against him is apparent here, you won't even give him credit for providing the facilities for talking thousands of kids off the streets and giving them somewhere to play football.

wasnt the italian quarter up and running before the last election ? and going on wallaces track record on how he treats people who work for him i wouldn't be banking on all of them voting for him ,

so what is it ? are you a relative of an employe of wallace ? no one else could be so blind to the facts

Not sure what that got to do with anything. He creates jobs for people, hundreds of them. Have you ever created a job for anyone? Somehow I doubt it, like I said some people in this world are do-ers and other people sit on the fence moaning all the time.

And I don't know the man nor have I ever worked for him. I once saw him on Grafton St, thats the only association I've ever had with him. But what I do have in common is I run my own business and I employ people. So I respect do-ers like Wallace, they are the lifeblood of this economy and as I said I think you'll find he has contributed a lot more to this economy over the years than the average person. I respect that, you don't, instead preferring to be a hurler on the ditch.

http://www.legal-island.com/td-mick-wallace-is-pursued-by-ex-worker-for-10000-redundancy

think many of the workers he refused to pay will vote wallace ?

what does that prove, its only a claim from a Moldovan stonemason. There was no decision on your link so I'm not sure how its relevant to your argument

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod: Just two gentle reminders folks:

1. Keep it clean; and
    2. Moved from the Claire Daly thread, although there may be some necessary overlap. Kept in the main forum because post quality has been pretty good so far, please ensure it stays that way

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Personally I find the difficulty with a lot of Irish politicians is that what they say they stand for and what they do are often inconsistent. Wallace is not afraid to raise issues where he feels there is an injustice, but has a fairly sketchy business past.

I suppose the question is whether a good servant of the people with a mirky past is better or worse than a politician of private honesty and integrity but with nothing useful to add in public life. On balance i would choose my TD to be the former and my sccountant to be the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I suppose the question is whether a good servant of the people with a mirky past is better or worse than a politician of private honesty and integrity but with nothing useful to add in public life. On balance i would choose my TD to be the former and my sccountant to be the latter.

The fact you say an accountant should have ethics but it's acceptable for a TD to have questionable ethics days a lot about what is wrong with Irish voters.

It's not just Wallace but Lowry, Beverly Flynn etc. Sure they're grand one they get a few potholes fixed

Seems Mick is making more waves again with the allegation that £7m of Nama money was found in an Isle of Man bank account earmarked for a Northern Ireland politician. If true then that is one serious bribe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seems Mick is making more waves again with the allegation that £7m of Nama money was found in an Isle of Man bank account earmarked for a Northern Ireland politician. If true then that is one serious bribe.

Interesting if true, based solely on the fact that it's true, relates to money and came from Mick Wallaces mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

if only they did pay off the debts to the small business men and trades men that he owes instead of running away from them,

Did they vote for him the first time around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Establishment politicians and their supporters detest people like Mick Wallace.
    We just have to look at the way 'whistleblowers' are treated by the main parties, FG/FF and Labour.
    Whistleblowers are a scourge to this group because they expose their dodgy dealings to the general public.
    Shatter and the Garda whistleblowers are a prime example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Muahahaha wrote:

Sadly nothing will be done.
    NAMA is set up for corruption. Massive variety of assets bundled and sold in large parcels so only very few can bid on them.
    Would be better off selling directly to the customer letting them get the value of the write downs. Instead selling to the political connected.

Heard That teenage punk junior minister of Finance was on the radio a few weeks ago saying they must sell NAMA assets fast. A statement like that probably cost the taxpayer a few billion.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Dob74 wrote: »
    Sadly nothing will be done.

Which, of course, is nothing to do with Mick "why should I help the Guards?" Wallace refusing to do his civic duty and provide the information he claims to have to the appropriate authorities.

If he has information about a criminal matter and refuses to give that information to the police, then he's effectively an accessory after the fact. Worse, he's an accessory who's using his alleged information for political showboating. It's hard to see such behaviour as anything other than despicable and self-serving.

AFAIK the National Garda Fraud Squad totals 9 Gardai under FG, under FF they had 12 Gardai working on thousands of allegations from Anglo into IBRC into NAMA, not to mention large scale frauds committed by the legal and financial class back in the boom times.

Effectively politicians have made white collar fraud legal by deliberately providing virtually no chance of prosecution from crimes involving millions in public money. So when Wallace tells the PSNI and Gardai that they can set up their own investigation its because he already knows him telling the Garda Fraud Squad anything will just be a waste of his time. The Garda Fraud Squad havent held Denis O'Brien to account in 4 years, you'd want to be pretty naeve to think that Mick Wallace talking to them now will actually change anything inside NAMA, an organisation who was established on the right to secrecy, all enshrined in and copper fastened in law by the 2009 Act

I think his refusal to help Gardai is pretty comendable, its obvious to anyone that the Garda Fraud Squad are already snowed under with thousands of cases under this current government. By Wallaces argument a Commission of Inquiry needs to be established. I think thats a pretty good assessment given that we are potentially talking about a £7m bribe and a write down on a loan somewhere in the order of €2 billion. €2 billion is the cost of Metro North or 2 x National Childrens Hospitals. If the emerging details turn out to be true then Wallace is dead right, a Commission of Inquiry is whats needed, not this becoming a dusty file in the Garda Fraud Squad like the thousands that they're already snowed under with due to deliberate under resourcing.

AFAIK the National Garda Fraud Squad totals 9 Gardai under FG, under FF they had 12 Gardai working on thousands of allegations from Anglo into IBRC into NAMA, not to mention large scale frauds committed by the legal and financial class back in the boom times.

Effectively politicians have made white collar fraud legal by deliberately providing virtually no chance of prosecution from crimes involving millions in public money. So when Wallace tells the PSNI and Gardai that they can set up their own investigation its because he already knows him telling the Garda Fraud Squad anything will just be a waste of his time. The Garda Fraud Squad havent held Denis O'Brien to account in 4 years, you'd want to be pretty naeve to think that Mick Wallace talking to them now will actually change anything inside NAMA, an organisation who was established on the right to secrecy, all enshrined in and copper fastened in law by the 2009 Act

I think his refusal to help Gardai is pretty comendable, its obvious to anyone that the Garda Fraud Squad are already snowed under with thousands of cases under this current government. By Wallaces argument a Commission of Inquiry needs to be established. I think thats a pretty good assessment given that we are potentially talking about a £7m bribe and a write down on a loan somewhere in the order of €2 billion. €2 billion is the cost of Metro North or 2 x National Childrens Hospitals. If the emerging details turn out to be true then Wallace is dead right, a Commission of Inquiry is whats needed, not this becoming a dusty file in the Garda Fraud Squad like the thousands that they're already snowed under with due to deliberate under resourcing.

so wallace alleges a possible crime , but says he wont report it to gardai and withholds the information so that it cannot be investigated. :pac::pac:

the many is a one trick show donkey and anyone who cant see that has been blinded by his stupid shirts .

Headline " fraudster refuses to report fraud "

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Wasnt a fan of Mick Wallace - but his treatment by Alan Shatter was awful. He is a puzzle of a fellow sort of left wing, former developer.
    His statement on the 7million to a NI politician should be followed up and answers sought and he should go to the north to say what he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Take2Sean

I feel like the OP on this thread is Mick Wallace....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

So now you're criticising Wallace for using tax breaks, the same tax breaks that were available to you, me and every other citizen of this state.

I didn't realise you could avoid paying in other peoples money into a pension fund even if its been directed to you as an employer to do so, those tax breaks are getting out of hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement