Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

bruschi wrote: »
    Denver surely favourites to win the preseason now?

Admit it - you are just a little jealous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

They'll never top beating the Bears in the first game of the preseason in 2017. That established them as a force in the game that would prove completely insurmountable for anyone for at least a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Wow, anyone remember Kellen Winslow Jr? Good tight end who's career was fairly blighted by injuries. He's facing life in jail, with kidnapping, forable sodomy and 2 counts of forcable rape among the charges.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Wow, anyone remember Kellen Winslow Jr? Good tight end who's career was fairly blighted by injuries. He's facing life in jail, with kidnapping, forable sodomy and 2 counts of forcable rape among the charges.

thats some amount of serious charges. What the hell was he thinking?

Those ex Patriots players, stinks there so it does.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Admit it - you are just a little jealous :D

Oh absolutely, I'm massively jealous that a former player chose to be a part of the Broncos backroom coaching staff over the Cowboys. I think I'll just give up following NFL, how can anyone compete with Ware joining the Broncos coaching?

• Advertisement

thats some amount of serious charges. What the hell was he thinking?

Not even the worst offences by an ex-Patriots tight end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Not even the worst offences by an ex-Patriots tight end :o

453424.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Oh absolutely, I'm massively jealous that a former player chose to be a part of the Broncos backroom coaching staff over the Cowboys. I think I'll just give up following NFL, how can anyone compete with Ware joining the Broncos coaching?

I knew it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Isn't it the same lad that was caught having a **** in a Target carpark, apparently he was arrested last week on burglary charges

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans going to do their own version of hard knocks

https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1008756838630940674?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Stupid Facebook watch not available over here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Carol Cullen was an executive assistant at the Eagles for 29 years from 1985 to 2014. In that time six head coaches were around. She was fired by Chip Kelly who decided the position was not needed.

Though she wasn't in the organization during the super bowl win the franchise is going to award her a ring anyway for her long and loyal service

classy move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Carol Cullen was an executive assistant at the Eagles for 29 years from 1985 to 2014. In that time six head coaches were around. She was fired by Chip Kelly who decided the position was not needed.

Though she wasn't in the organization during the super bowl win the franchise is going to award her a ring anyway for her long and loyal service

classy move

Not normally something you'd associate with the eagles at all.

I believe the lady involved has already received her ring. I saw something about it on Twitter over the weekend.

Well done Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 37,534 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

bruschi wrote:

Yeah those 9 days as a Patriot really messed him up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah those 9 days as a Patriot really messed him up. :D

I heard he had the same locker as A-Aron and drank from the same water fountain as A-Aron and gots the crazies that way. When you factor that in with the Dark Lord himself Bill Belichick how could he not go crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

brinty wrote: »
    mikemac2 wrote: »

classy move

Not normally something you'd associate with the eagles at all.

I believe the lady involved has already received her ring. I saw something about it on Twitter over the weekend.

Well done Eagles

In fairness the eagles as an organisation have been very classy since Jeffries Laurie has been there some of the local fans are a bit iffy though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A sixth ex cheerleader is now suing the Texans for abuse - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sixth-cheerleader-sues-houston-texans-claims-coach-duct-taped-her-n885781 .

I get the feeling some people deeply offended by correctly following the US military code won't be threatening any boycotts over this, but it's still odd how quiet it went after a matter of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

We know it wasn't him as he is in Florida. Apparently some dude claiming to be his bro delayed a flight last night trying to get to Florida to meet him. Afraid of flying apprently.

Going to be interesting to see how this pans out. RIP to the victim.

• Advertisement

There's a lot of weird stuff coming out about that Jenkins story now. This could be big.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1011716432642666503?s=19

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    We know it wasn't him as he is in Florida. Apparently some dude claiming to be his bro delayed a flight last night trying to get to Florida to meet him. Afraid of flying apprently.

Going to be interesting to see how this pans out. RIP to the victim.

not necessarily, depends on how the guy was dead/when JJ went to florida

Hey may not realise you can get a pretty good view of time of death for a few days after death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

not necessarily, depends on how the guy was dead/when JJ went to florida

Hey may not realise you can get a pretty good view of time of death for a few days after death

I think TO meant that the body wasn't that of Jenkins. Been confirmed now that it's a music producer who was a family friend and living in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kam has confirmed his retirement. The Seahawks are surely going to struggle next season?

Kam has confirmed his retirement. The Seahawks are surely going to struggle next season?

Cowboys still sniffing on Earl Thomas too but waiting to see how preseason goes before committing to a deal. We're very light at safety with Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods our projected starters and Kavon Frazier the only back up we have.

iirc correctly there's still a few decent safeties on the market but teams have been trying to give them poor deals (form the players perspective)

Kenny Vaccaro is still a free agent and as a longhorn thought Dallas might be a good spot for him but doesn't seem to be the case.

Eric Reid is still out thereand young.. as is Tre Boston

Tayvon Branch, Mike Mitchell and TJ Ward possibly a bit longer in the tooth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

For the day that's in it. JPP decided to share a few photos from his fireworks injury a few years back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkyhkUunJgN/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

WTF ? sweet jesus he's lucky he can still play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Christ thats grim!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement