Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

TO not going to attend his induction ceremony into the HOF.
    While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton. I have already shared this information with the Hall. After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

adrian522 wrote: »
    TO not going to attend his induction ceremony into the HOF.

Gob****e. After people lobbied for him to get he decides to not bother ? There should be a rule that if you are alive and well and are inducted into this HOF you have to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I see the annual Gronk trade rumors have started.

Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Paully D wrote: »
    I see the annual Gronk trade rumors have started.

Yawn.

His Bro Glen called it fake news. Shame on Barstool for believing some randomer on reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Gob****e. After people lobbied for him to get he decides to not bother ? There should be a rule that if you are alive and well and are inducted into this HOF you have to show up.

There should also be a rule that if you knowingly lie about your players health due to concussions you should have to pay and lose your non profit status

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I've been out of the loop the past month

How did the Chiefs fair in the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Bullshít.

In other news, how does nothing stick to Peyton Manning?

Guffy wrote: »
    Bullshít.

In other news, how does nothing stick to Peyton Manning?

He showers in Teflon

• Advertisement

To add all the BS Stems from this guy calling the Edelman suspension Redditlover1981

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/8p6uh7/rumor_edelman_potentially_getting_suspended_for_4/

Someone then follow his lead with this nonsense
    I’m the guy who broke the Edelman news last night...and I’ve got more MAJOR patriots news...

I’ve actually been sitting on some bigger patriots news for the past few days, still trying to verify that it’s 100% true before putting it out there...Regardless I plan to post it here tomorrow evening.

BUT I figured last night was kind of fun, and instead of waiting until tomorrow...maybe we can play a game?

If one of you guesses the news EXACTLY correct I will go ahead and post it now and give credit to you.

HINT: the news is negative and it’s about a current multi year patriot

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/07/someone-posted-the-julian-edelman-suspension-news-on-reddit-yesterday/

EDIT: Everyone (with the exception of 1 person) is thinking pretty similar with suspension/retirement guesses. Think outside the box

Barstool sports bit on it first and everyone else followed and the rumour mill went into overdrive

Now look the admission from the original reddit guy

Redditlover1981
    Score hidden·
    7 minutes ago

There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say “I’ve got bad news about the patriots”, I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought “oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct”, and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys...

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is...national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/08/reddit-edelman-tipster-hints-at-another-patriots-story/amp/

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-reddit-tipster-says-hes-sitting-on-another-big-new-england-story/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/06/07/how-did-poster-reddit-beat-everyone-julian-edelman-suspension-story/RnEP35HFqzYP0kwHJC5aSP/amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2780083-anonymous-reddit-user-broke-julian-edelman-suspension-news-on-wednesday.amp.html

So easy these days to create rumours about the Patriots because people know the media and fans will go into mass hysteria over drive and not actually do any fact checking and believe everything they hear and read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anyone able to reach Adam Kurkjian for an update from these "multiple sources"?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Blut2

Any word on what PED Edelman was caught on? I can't see much on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Blut2 wrote: »
    Any word on what PED Edelman was caught on? I can't see much on Google.

I'm fairly certain that the NFL don't disclose the exact PED and we're reliant on player statements which is why so many positives are said to be Adderall as it's not as bad for PR.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    So easy these days to create rumours about the Patriots because people know the media and fans will go into mass hysteria over drive and not actually do any fact checking and believe everything they hear and read.

Not even just the Patriots, but in sports in general due to the nature of the internet.

We even did it on the soccer forum years back. Within a couple of days we had the Daily Mail and others reporting on the story we completely made up. :pac:

Not even just the Patriots, but in sports in general due to the nature of the internet.

We even did it on the soccer forum years back. Within a couple of days we had the Daily Mail and others reporting on the story we completely made up. :pac:

Just using the Patriots as a modern example because it drives some insane that they give very little so the rumour mill runs rampant with made up nonsense to suit agendas.

No way that is class you got the link to the thread on this? :pac:

Can anyone update me on how Kansas faired in the draft? I've been out of the loop

Cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Can anyone update me on how Kansas faired in the draft? I've been out of the loop

Cheers lads

1 player drafted. Dorance Armstrong, taken in the 4th round by Dallas.

Sorry

1 player drafted. Dorance Armstrong, taken in the 4th round by Dallas.

Sorry

What does that mean? We had more than one pick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sorry. Saturday morning and hungover. Trying (and failing) to make a joke. Never heard the Chiefs called ‘Kansas’ and not Kansas City before so looked up players drafted from the University of Kansas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Sorry. Saturday morning and hungover. Trying (and failing) to make a joke. Never heard the Chiefs called ‘Kansas’ and not Kansas City before so looked up players drafted from the University of Kansas
    I got the joke.

Did we sort out the CB position with Peters departure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Handy one for anyone that likes the Madden games but doesn't have a console, it's coming back to PC after a decade off of it.

What your computer would need to run it: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/madden-19-is-coming-to-pc-here-are-the-minimum-specs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does anyone know Where is the cheapest place to buy an NFL jersey online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Loughc wrote: »
    Does anyone know Where is the cheapest place to buy an NFL jersey online?

How "authentic" are you looking for?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How "authentic" are you looking for?

Authentic to the point my credit card details aren’t sold off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Loughc wrote: »
    Authentic to the point my credit card details aren’t sold off :pac:

PM'd you :)

TO is going off :pac:

“Powdered” donuts for Irvin :pac:

https://twitter.com/terrellowens/status/1005589426473324544?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83