Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Ah come on now - let me do a little gloating :)

Ware out for 4-5 weeks during a tough stretch of games ... could be damaging.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Broncos are great JRG, take it to the Broncos thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

It seems the fan experience at the LA coliseum left a lot to be desired.
    160 people treated at the stadium & 14 hospitalisations.

http://deadspin.com/the-fan-experience-at-the-rams-stadium-sounded-like-hel-1786826307

Have any boardsies ever been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've not been for a game but I've seen it in person and it is one of the most filmed stadiums in the World (had starring roles in both Lost and 24 for fans of mid-noughties American TV out there) and it doesn't take a rocket-scientist for anyone with any familiarity with it to work out the issues.

It is completely uncovered, it's very old and therefore outdated in terms of facilities (a huge issue considering the bag policy at NFL games means that you wouldn't be able to bring water in with you) and with timezones the way that they are it is always going to be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

The Chargers will be there soon enough, with two teams operating there the infrastructure will really start to creak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

The Chargers will be there soon enough, with two teams operating there the infrastructure will really start to creak!

Assuming the Chargers are moving to LA they wouldn't go until the new stadium is built.
    With the Raiders chasing Vegas it removes any urgency for the Chargers to declare their intention until it suits them

The Chargers are moving to LA. it will take a miracle for them to win the November city council vote to get a new stadium built with public money contributing, they need 2/3rds of the vote and they admit themselves there is no hope. So it's more or less a done deal, barring a minor miracle.

The strong rumour at the minute is that they will go to the Coliseum from 2017 until 2018. The Coliseum already invited them to play there this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-view-a-move-to-los-angeles-in-2017-as-increasingly-inevitable/

I think it's a shame, San Diego is probably my favourite city in the US. Shame for them to lose a franchise over failed stadium move but that's life with Kroenke as an owner.

OAOB wrote: »

Assuming the Chargers are moving to LA they wouldn't go until the new stadium is built.
    With the Raiders chasing Vegas it removes any urgency for the Chargers to declare their intention until it suits them

Ps..Vegas and the Raiders re probably a good fit for each other !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I think it's a shame, San Diego is probably my favourite city in the US. Shame for them to lose a franchise over failed stadium move but that's life with Kroenke as an owner.

Kroenke? You've LA on the brain...!!!

haha...true.

I meant Spanos.

Everything else is correct though.

They will be in the Coliseum next year, barring a miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Chargers won't win the Nov vote and don't think anyone believes they can.

They will inevitably go to LA but don't know why they'd move to the Colliseum, they'd be better off waiting in SD until the new stadium is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos are great JRG, take it to the Broncos thread.

Come on now heli - there are lots of teams discussed on this thread - and my post covered relevant points about both Cam Newton and Andrew Luck as well as the Broncos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭nerd69

Come on now heli - there are lots of teams discussed on this thread - and my post covered relevant points about both Cam Newton and Andrew Luck as well as the Broncos.
    no other team is discussed anywhere close to as much as you bring up the Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

nerd69 wrote: »
    no other team is discussed anywhere close to as much as you bring up the Broncos

I generally bring up the Broncos once - and then the trolls come to to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

I generally bring up the Broncos once - and then the trolls come to to play.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

JRG is taking a break from the forum.

Can I remind all posters of the forum and indeed Boards rules about posting on thread about mod actions.

TOss Sweep, please do not respond in kind to posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

HigginsJ wrote: »
    It was a joke reference to the Pats.

Yet unsurprisingly, some still couldn't resist the oul snipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

OAOB wrote: »
    Chargers won't win the Nov vote and don't think anyone believes they can.

They will inevitably go to LA but don't know why they'd move to the Colliseum, they'd be better off waiting in SD until the new stadium is ready

Reportedly AJ Spanos in an interview with kevin Acee said NFL doesn't want two team's in LA, so there maybe more of chance of a new stadium in San Diego then previously thought, some people are thinking that Stan Kronke might even pay the Spanos family to keep them out of the LA market, (just one writers opinion mind) http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/9/20/12990540/stadium-theory-are-the-chargers-trying-to-get-money-from-the-rams-to-stay-in-san-diego

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Arrest warrant out for Josh Gordon. Nearly back from suspension and in trouble again.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/09/warrant_issued_for_arrest_of_b.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,808 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yet unsurprisingly, some still couldn't resist the oul snipe.
    I think you didn't get what he said in his post. He was basically saying that if it happened to the Patriots they would have gotten a lot worse punishment.

HigginsJ is a Giants fan and he doesn't get involved in trying to rise fans of other teams. It was just a harmless joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,808 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's not always about the patriots.
    A regular poster and Bears fan. I know this much about you. HigginsJ is a regular poster on here, I would have presumed you would know which regular posters supported what teams.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Thats a great example why pats fans get so little sympathy from other fans, actually. :p
    Packers fan who is on here regularly doesn't even know that HigginsJ is a Giants fan. This does not surprise me with this particular poster.

ap going to miss the season by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eagle eye wrote: »
    HigginsJ is a Giants fan and he doesn't get involved in trying to rise fans of other teams. It was just a harmless joke.

Eagle you've misread my post, my comment wasn't directed at the harmless post by HigginsJ. I quoted his post just to highlight that even his little bit of messing, had to be taken in another direction by others.

OK guys. Let's move on.

OK guys. Let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

ap going to miss the season by the looks of it

Vikings can't catch a break. Talented team being wrecked by injury, real shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah, before his injury the other night he wasn't doing much and looked quite lethargic. Now, he might have gotten going, but either way the offense was anything but a one-dimensional thing. They are a pass-first team whether AP is in or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Arrest warrant out for Josh Gordon. Nearly back from suspension and in trouble again.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/09/warrant_issued_for_arrest_of_b.html

Benltween him and aldon Smith, two guys with top 5 potential not just in their position, but on their entire side of the ball (ignoring qb positional importance!) will probably never play another down.

And to be honest, I kind of hope they don't. Loved to watch both but there's a point where you're beyond the beyonds in terms of taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I doubt Gordon's latest legal issue will have any impact on him playing. It's a paternity test court case is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement