Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Did he? Damn it wont be long before he retires so.

Lets add to the conspiracy. Ryan know now after two games that his job is under threat and he knows the Bills really like Roman to replace him so he fires him as a big FU to the Bills. :D

I would be intrigued to see Roman get his shot though. Biggest question with him will be how he fairs defensively.

Step one. Fire Rob Ryan. Thats about as good as he can do day 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Struggling to believe this

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/777716268866469896

Its like himself and Green Bay are still having PTSD from the Denver game last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Knex. wrote: »
    Its like himself and Green Bay are still having PTSD from the Denver game last year.
    The Denver defence will do that to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Should Mike Mccarthy be on the hot seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Reading a lot of Packers fans saying so, but I think that its ridiculously short sighted to be considering that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I was surprised how many packers fans were blaming play calling last night for the loss, particularly the decision to go for it on fourth early instead of taking a fg. Seems to ignore the elephant the room that Rodgers was terrible, had a fumble and a very bad interception that cost them the game at the end, and generally had the demeanour of someone who wanted to go home. He had his usual flashes of brilliance, but he has clearly declined starting middle of last season. Still dangerous on the run but his passing has been pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

The next 4 home games will be telling. In a months time we could be 5-1. I think we can turn it around. Rodgers and McCarthy are too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Green Bay and Rodgers won't be the first victims of that Vikings defence. It is special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

D9Male wrote: »
    Green Bay and Rodgers won't be the first victims of that Vikings defence. It is special.

Yea Barr and Joseph were really impressive but our line play was poor and Rodgers ball protection was terrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nah, GB are guaranteed a goose of a game on offense here and there. I reckon it's more to do either the offense becoming lethargic and predictable. I'm actually beginning to look at McCarthy and even Ted Thompson with a bit if a suspicious eye.

Its also looking more and more like Seattle got the longer end of the stick in getting John Schneider as GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Seahawks have forfeited their 2017 5th round draft pick & a week of OTA's for violating some league rules during OTA's this year.

Two players collided without helmets which has caused this, my understanding anyway. If thats the case the punishment isnt really proportional imo. That being said if it were the Pats they would have lost a 1st rounder, pre-season camp & Tom Brady would have been suspended so could have been worse!!

It's not always about the patriots.

Thats a great example why pats fans get so little sympathy from other fans, actually. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Seahawks have forfeited their 2017 5th round draft pick & a week of OTA's for violating some league rules during OTA's this year.

Two players collided without helmets which has caused this, my understanding anyway. If thats the case the punishment isnt really proportional imo. That being said if it were the Pats they would have lost a 1st rounder, pre-season camp & Tom Brady would have been suspended so could have been worse!!

Mother of God.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Thats a great example why pats fans get so little sympathy from other fans, actually. :p

It was a joke reference to the Pats. Really cant understand the severity of the punishment if that is all that happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rodgers certainly hasn't been his normal self for almost a year now and that was arguably the worst game of his career last night. It's not just a 2 or 3 game slump.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop but they have 4 home games in a row now against the Lions, Giants, Cowboys and Bears.

It was a joke reference to the Pats. Really cant understand the severity of the punishment if that is all that happened though.

I had heard they ran a full contact session against the rules.

But once again, the punishments do still seem to be entirely arbitrary.

I had heard they ran a full contact session against the rules.

But once again, the punishments do still seem to be entirely arbitrary.

Yea no rhymn no reason to it really. Do coaches have any input when it comes to the CBA as they are the ones who really suffer with rules like this

Listening to what some folks on Reddit were saying and going back and taking a look, it seems Rodgers footwork has seriously declined. Some are saying since his leg injury in 2014, almost. That coupled with him sensing pressure at times where there is none, and not trusting the pocket, means he's not stepping into throws or carrying out his drops to the same level as he once did.

Definitely seems to be the case. He's not stepping into throws and is relying on his arm strength for the most part, which is still incredible, but in a system that is so predicated on footwork and timing of the feet, along with the general need to step into throws, then that could easily be the issue.

Will be interesting to see how it develops over the season now, for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yea no rhymn no reason to it really. Do coaches have any input when it comes to the CBA as they are the ones who really suffer with rules like this

I'm not sure if coaches gave direct input but every team has a player rep in the NFLPA and some of them are high up so I'd have assumed they have brought that up at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

But yet someone brings up the Patriots...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Seahawks have a decent amount of previous when it comes to breaking rules regarding contact in training. Like other teams that shall not be mentioned I'm sure this plays into the severity.

Came across these stats about Cam Newton and Andrew Luck today - and sometimes the stats do tell a story

Cam Newton V the Broncos

Completion rate 54.5%
    194 yds
    1 TD 1 INT
    3 sacks

Cam Newton V 49ers

Completion rate 60%
    353 yds
    4 TD 1 Int
    1 sack

Andrew Luck V Lions

Completion rate 66%
    385 yds
    4 TD 0 Int
    2 sacks

Andrew Luck V Broncos

Completion rate 52.5%
    197 yds
    1 TD 1 INT
    5 sacks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Billy86 wrote: »

Brilliant! Pats fans getting tarred with the same brush.

And the comment was made by a Giants fan? Is there anything we won't get blamed for? :(

bruschi wrote: »
    Brilliant! Pats fans getting tarred with the same brush.

And the comment was made by a Giants fan? Is there anything we won't get blamed for? :(

Donald Tru--- god damnit, Tom!!

Came across these
    And I came across this - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353053

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Came across these stats about Cam Newton and Andrew Luck today - and sometimes the stats do tell a story

Not sure why you are showing us some random stats but if you are trying to tell us the Broncos Defense are good.......

Yeah we all know that, hardly ground breaking news.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Not sure why you are showing us some random stats but if you are trying to tell us the Broncos Defense are good.......

Yeah we all know that, hardly ground breaking news.
    Ah come on now - let me do a little gloating :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ah come on now - let me do a little gloating :)

Yeah because you do so little of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement