Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Those God awful colour rush jerseys are back for Thursday games this year I see (and available to buy if anyone was that stupid).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Those God awful colour rush jerseys are back for Thursday games this year I see (and available to buy if anyone was that stupid).

The Giants one is essentially the Buffalo Bills.

CsPDY6SXEAAUao_.jpg:small

At least white doesn't burn your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I really like the Giants one. I'd been thinking of getting a road jersey but that one is much nicer.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I really like the Giants one. I'd been thinking of getting a road jersey but that one is much nicer.

I like it, but it really is just the Bills jersey.

NFL-Nike-White-Men-s-Marcell-Dareus-99-Buffalo-Bills-Jersey-Game-Road.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,813 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Was just thinking there of two of the regular posters that used to be here for a couple of years. Davyjose was a very good one and Chucky the tree too.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Knex. wrote: »
    The Giants one is essentially the Buffalo Bills.

CsPDY6SXEAAUao_.jpg:small

This seems to be a bit of a theme. Here is the Lions with their new Panthers jersey.
    https://twitter.com/Lions/status/775680803682578432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

One thing that is wacky and posted this in Pats thread is the Texans Color rush jersey:
    TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Apparently that white jersey is a color rush jersey

Color Rush:

color-rush.jpg?w=560&h=292

Regular:

productImages%2f_1090000%2fff_1090916_xl.jpg&w=400

Mad thing is as said above they are selling their blue one online but not the white one:

productImages%2f_2524000%2fff_2524683_full.jpg&w=400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

The one the Jets will be wearing Thursday is essential their white kit, but with a brighter shade of green for the numbers shoulders. I assume they have to go white this because of the whole color blind issue last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Link below explains what's happening re: the colour anomalies:
    some teams — the Jets (vs. Bills), Browns (vs. Ravens) and Rams (vs. Seahawks) — will wear white so the color matchup doesn't cause such eyesight issues

The Falcons (vs. Buccaneers), Cardinals (vs. 49ers) and Texans (vs. Patriots) will wear white to contrast with their opponents, who have the same primary colors, according to the report. The Colts, Redskins and Lions will not wear their Color Rush uniforms on Thanksgiving.

Bit much that the teams not wearing a colour rush jersey are still going to sell the one they selected.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-color-rush-uniforms-thursday-night-football-2016/o6xby1ibvadb1cmlmzbxvvhjq

• Advertisement

Its all a bit fecking daft, Ted.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Link below explains what's happening re: the colour anomalies:

Bit much that the teams not wearing a colour rush jersey are still going to sell the one they selected.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-color-rush-uniforms-thursday-night-football-2016/o6xby1ibvadb1cmlmzbxvvhjq

Oh my God, the Redskins one is awful. It looks like mustard. Thankfully they won't be wearing it on their Thursday game. There's some awful 'colour rush' merchandise in their online shop though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Thing is though if you look at the white jerseys they are New jerseys and nothing they already have. So in essence the NFL and Teams are still selling the color rush jersey they wont be using and will most likely sell the new "white" jersey also giving that team 2 extra jerseys and not the 1. Mad it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

6cb3da1c-d0b0-449d-8060-47ad08ffcb21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The more links I click on the more I cringe at this whole colour rush thing. If you want a pointless money making exercise then just do it, no need for all the fake puff around it.

http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/actiongreen/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I love the fact there is red and green because colour blind people are cured from last years debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭nerd69

Knex. wrote: »
    What was your take on Wentz this weekend, Nerd?

Haven't had time to go back and watch the Eagles game yet.

Haven't seen the whole game myself yet as I'm on holidays but he looked very solid big thing for me was that he handled the occasion very well he was not afraid to take shots downfield and he was putting the ball where only the reciever can get it. Very early have any ideawhat he's like and it was against a very poor d but. He looked very promising. (Also it says a lot that on a 4th and 2 pederson trusted wentz to go for it) pretty happy with it particularly considering I didn't want him near the field in his rookie year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The more links I click on the more I cringe at this whole colour rush thing. If you want a pointless money making exercise then just do it, no need for all the fake puff around it.

http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/actiongreen/

To be fair - "one hundred percent of the NFL's proceeds from the sale of Color Rush jerseys will go directly to the NFL Foundation to fund health, safety and wellness programs for youth around the country."

Its not as if it's just a money making exercise for the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ScummyMan wrote: »
    To be fair - "one hundred percent of the NFL's proceeds from the sale of Color Rush jerseys will go directly to the NFL Foundation to fund health, safety and wellness programs for youth around the country."

Its not as if it's just a money making exercise for the NFL.

Does that really mean all of the money? I know what you typed, but it's just we've fallen for this sh1t before with the breast cancer "awareness" thing, which was clearly just a wheeze to sell stuff women might want to buy. If it's true, then that's great, but fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Giants one is straight from the eighties - beautiful.
    Denver's is awful, day-glo orange jersey, pants and socks.

• Advertisement

Call me crazy, but this jersey looks suspiciously like an ordinary Bears jersey.

Which is fine. The alternative was probably looking like Ian Paisley Jr. on the 12th.

fa16_nfb_color-rush_launch_4x2_01_30_c.jpg?w=576&h=288

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

CJ Spiller cut by the Saints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well, at least our game won't be an abomination against the will of God. I don't want to be overly dramatic...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,813 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

paulie21 wrote: »
    Yeah, Cadet came back and took his job and played well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

paulie21 wrote: »

Wasn't he a first round pick? Some fall from grace

When will Simmon's mailbag come back?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Have the Saints gotten much criticism for the crazy amount of dead money on their salary cap?

Have the Saints gotten much criticism for the crazy amount of dead money on their salary cap?

Nope. People are too busy laughing at their defence, and being won over by how ridiculous Drew Brees is.

Their cap management has been down right awful. Fair enough, they've been unlucky with injuries and off field incidents, but its still fairly negligent of them to end up this poorly off.

• Advertisement

$40m or around 25% of the cap as dead money is some mishandling alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement