Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ian rappaport is reporting that Larry Fitzgerald believes this will be his final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

russell wilson a doubt for Rams game week 2 - ankle injury - he was in bits at the end of the dolphins game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »

I don't think he is, but it's not 100% clear. There was a suggestion that he would start at guard and provide backup to both tackle positions. Seems he was unhappy with this situation so now he will just be a backup tackle.

If he is looking for a contract extension he is going the wrong way about it. Seems like he could retire at any moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't think he is, but it's not 100% clear. There was a suggestion that he would start at guard and provide backup to both tackle positions. Seems he was unhappy with this situation so now he will just be a backup tackle.

If he is looking for a contract extension he is going the wrong way about it. Seems like he could retire at any moment!

Definitely seems like there is something up with him mentally. Goes from tweeting abuse about the 49ers to coming out of retirement to play for them, from being happy to move to guard to now on the eve of the first game seemingly not wanting to play there.

He is on a long term big enough contract as it is (UFA 2021) so I doubt he is looking for an extension. The contract is however heavily weighted with money on the backend so if anything I’d guess he’s trying to get cut and move to somewhere that will pay him more money upfront. With retiring already I don’t see him as someone who wants to wait around to the point where the big cash will come in.

Tiller did pretty decent last year at guard so I’m not overly worried. Given that he’ll be lining up a lot against Donald tonight it would have been preferable for him to get more reps with the firsts than 2 days notice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bloody hell. Is RGIII made of glass or what?

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/775395115032539136

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Being a browns fan must be hell

Being a browns fan must be hell

Adam Schefter now saying that he has a fractured bone and will be re-evaluated in 3-4 weeks but could be out for the season.

Bet they want Wentz back now!

I was looking forward to the week 4 Cleveland @ Washington match up too. That's lost a bit of its intrigue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

RG3 is on IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

RG3 is on IR.

****ing hell. That team just cannot get a break.

• Advertisement

They said it during the Browns game yesterday that the cavs won the NBA title and the Cleveland Indians are in 1st place in their division and then put a question mark next to the Browns. Hahahaha yeah good one the Browns are just a pity of a franchise really despite how much they try to change.

I think them getting breaks is the problem RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone seen the documentary Believeland? Really good, just about the city and its history of sporting heartbreak, most especially by the browns and only recently alleviated by the cavs. Very entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The A football life about the Browns leaving cleveland in 1995 is a great episode. It shows how nasty it got and the atmosphere among the fanbase is unpleasant.It's a pity as the team on the field showed promise. Also you can understand why Art Modell moved the team. The Stadium was an utter dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

RG£ is made of glass. Fractured shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭nerd69

I mean they signed a very injury prone player and he got injured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Has Americas Game the 15 Broncos surfaced anywhere online yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,808 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who is no.2 QB for the Browns, is it McCown or Kessler. I think Kessler has a chance to make it at this level. I'd like to see him get a run now that RGIII is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I read earlier that McCown starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Rams on America's Game tonight on Sky Sports Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pretty sure its McCown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is RG3 out for the year or designated to return?

gufc21 wrote: »

You don't have to declare that at the time of putting a player on IR any more. You can wait and see.

nerd69 wrote: »

I mean they signed a very injury prone player and he got injured
    They signed an injury prone bad QB. I think it's obvious now and had been for a few years that the colts won the pony in that years draft.

gufc21 wrote: »

You don't have to declare that at the time of putting a player on IR any more. You can wait and see.
    You sure you don't have to declare it ? Isn't there two IR list now ?its basically where if a guy is out for the year he goes on IR and there is IR designated for return for players who will be out a few weeks but has a chance of returning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,808 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You sure you don't have to declare it ? Isn't there two IR list now ?its basically where if a guy is out for the year he goes on IR and there is IR designated for return for players who will be out a few weeks but has a chance of returning ?
    You can have one player on IR with a return designation. They will put him on that and if things are too bad they will move him straight to the non-returnable IR list.

If they lost another big player who might have a chance of returning that is where the headaches start because you can only have one with the return designation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭nerd69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They signed an injury prone bad QB. I think it's obvious now and had been for a few years that the colts won the pony in that years draft.

Hard to say he was bad as a prospect he was amazing in his rookie year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What was your take on Wentz this weekend, Nerd?

Haven't had time to go back and watch the Eagles game yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement