Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC and Valve headset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to have two seperate setups for the vive? For example, I have a PC set up on a desk, so the Vive would be used in a seated position there (not enough room for a standing layout). And in the adjoining room I want to have an area set out for standing in. So I was wondering if there's a way to have the two sensors in one room, have that set up saved on the system, and then have a second set up in the next room?

Is that possible, or would I have to configure each time I change position?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I asked that on the Vive Reddit and got pointed to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4qguq9/updated_yet_again_chaperone_manager_supersampling/

Chaperone_manager lets you save multiple chaperone layouts and load the one you need for each session

I'm still waiting on the email from HTC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

any reasons why this thread is so quite compared to the rift thread? Boards have lot more rift fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

any reasons why this thread is so quite compared to the rift thread? Boards have lot more rift fans?

Twas the other way round for a long while there. The Rift thread has perked up a bit because 'Touch', Oculus' tracked controllers just launched last week and people are finally getting to experience their hands in VR like the Vive boys have had since day one of Vive. Worth waiting for!

Calibos wrote: »
    Twas the other way round for a long while there. The Rift thread has perked up a bit because 'Touch', Oculus' tracked controllers just launched last week and people are finally getting to experience their hands in VR like the Vive boys have had since day one of Vive. Worth waiting for!

ahh I see. Didnt know that!!

That's cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What's the best free and paid games/experiences on steam VR now?

A new driver has gotten the PSVR working on pc so want to test it out see how it gets on. It has been very impressive on ps4 but let down slightly by the graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A new driver has gotten the PSVR working on pc so want to test it out see how it gets on. It has been very impressive on ps4 but let down slightly by the graphics.

For Free: Google Earth, Waltz of the Wizard, The Lab, Accounting, Spell FighterVR, Destinations, FOund

Have no idea if a PSVR will handle these though.

tried Alien Isolation. Nearly got sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Quick question

How is the Vive normally delivered?

By Post or Courier?

They're out of stock so I'm waiting but they only took my address and said nothing else so I dont know how it's going to get to me when its eventually dispatched?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Quick question

How is the Vive normally delivered?

By Post or Courier?

They're out of stock so I'm waiting but they only took my address and said nothing else so I dont know how it's going to get to me when its eventually dispatched?
    Guess it depends on where you ordered it from...from HTC it was by courier...and it's a big box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How did you get on?

Lovin zombie simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone want a voucher for 50 off a HTC Vive?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Please!

Zulu wrote: »
    Please!

be good timing alright to add with the current 100 off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lads, is really worth the current 800 price tag?

I got mine for 500 in a sale.

But it is pretty damn awesome. Really the next level of gaming. Possibilities are pretty epic.

Personally I'm really waiting for the upcoming Star Trek VR game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got mine for 500 in a sale.

But it is pretty damn awesome. Really the next level of gaming. Possibilities are pretty epic.

Personally I'm really waiting for the upcoming Star Trek VR game.

How many games do you have and how often do you use it?

How many games do you have and how often do you use it?

half dozen games

Not very often but that's because I've other responsibilities

I've had 800 euros worth of enjoyment out of it since the summer anyway, 87 VR titles in my library apparently but most of them are brief affairs. I don't think I've played a non VR game since I bought it tbh

It really does need the big breakthrough games to push it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I finally got to try out Elite Dangerous with the Vive and a HOTAS, and it's incredible! I really wasn't expecting it to be so immersive, but it just blew me away. I have Subnautica, but never thought of trying it out. I'll have to give that a shot (and American Truck Simulator, actually!).

humanji wrote: »
    I finally got to try out Elite Dangerous with the Vive and a HOTAS, and it's incredible! I really wasn't expecting it to be so immersive, but it just blew me away. I have Subnautica, but never thought of trying it out. I'll have to give that a shot (and American Truck Simulator, actually!).

I've always found elite to be a pain in the arse, the immersion with a vive is good though

ETS is great with a Vive

Have Subnautica but never played it because the control scheme is messed up when you have a joystick attached

need a Hotas for elite. Keyboard is literally hit and miss

need a Hotas for elite. Keyboard is literally hit and miss

Have a HOTAS. Have two. and pedals, and a yoke. I didn't like Elite much before VR and I still don't like it. tbh the silly assignment of controls is probably a factor.

Doom BFG is pretty interesting with the VR mod if you have decent VR legs

Bambi wrote: »
    Have a HOTAS. Have two. and pedals, and a yoke. I didn't like Elite much before VR and I still don't like it. tbh the silly assignment of controls is probably a factor.

Doom BFG is pretty interesting with the VR mod if you have decent VR legs

I've been having good fun with Serious Sam VR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Sorry but how do you test the PC for VIVE xperience,please !?
    Also,how long are the cables back to PC,can you attach to "something" in the ceilling to have the floor free of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Isn't there a wireless attachment on the way for it. http://www.wired.co.uk/article/htc-vive-wireless-upgrade

Still haven't bought another VR headset since selling the Vive. Not sure what to do now, thinking of just getting a cheap oculus to tide me over until Vive 2, nearly pulled the plug on one today for €380 on amazon. No sign of a bargain Vive yet though.
    I know HTC is the way to go long term though by the looks of things.

Wireless attachment and new strap unit with dedicated headphones coming the year, looks like they're going slightly modular with updates.

If this court case in the states finds against oculus it might have a knock on for their development/release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Picked up a vive tonight off adverts can't wait to get it set up! Any suggestions on games to try? Have elite dangerous, dcs, ets and assetto cords already, any vr only titles to grab

Advertisement