Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that inexplicably turn you against someone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

CarPark2 wrote: »
    Heavy drinker, or is any consumption of alcohol abhorrent to you?

Any type of drinker. But anyone who drinks to get ****faced and thinks they're cool in the process especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone who tries to haggle in a shop should be beaten with their own entrails

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

People who think their personal space is the size of a football field.

You know, the ones who put their bag on the empty seat beside them on the bus, or try to take a table for 4 in a coffee shop all for themselves etc.

The funniest are the ones in the sauna at my gym. They sit in the middle of the bench, legs spread as wide as possible, drink bottle to one side and swim hat to the other trying to hog the whole bench.

The passive aggressive in me can't help but get them to move so I can sit in their perceived personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

People who don't hold the door or elevator for you. Oh, how i despise you, you cretins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Bad manners, drives me fcuking mental!!
    Local londis, there's one cashier, head up with my basket, she scans them through, then holds out her hand.... She holds out her fcuking hand!!! No words, no Total, nothing? What way was this bitch dragged up?
    My sister minds kids in her house, one of them responds with "yes" if you offer them something, no "please" no "thank you ", it leaves me flabbergasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Anyone who tries to haggle in a shop should be beaten with their own entrails

Out of curiousity, why would that put you against someone? There's a lot of shops where you're expected to haggle

• Registered Users Posts: 23 WAL1992

Men who shave the sides of their head but have their hair tied up at the back. Sheep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Drinker
    Smoker
    Drug User
    Tattooed
    Religious

Tatooed......... that rules out at least 90% of the players in the premier league.

Oh look........ http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=489091&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=*%3A*&forum=151

I'm not a fan of hypocrites, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Any chancer who thinks he can be "all things to all men".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭obsidianclock

RWCNT wrote: »
    I think most people have certain pet peeves about other people that effect us in no way but still make us instantly think "Dickhead". It ain't right and it's certainly petty but I doubt very much that I'm alone.

When I see someone with a neck tattoo like Professor Green I can't help but wonder if the person should be allowed around outside on their own.

Being a Feminazi! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saipanne wrote: »
    People with those SS haircuts.

0f736316876b8c1d38e393b43e718e0c.jpg

Why do people consider that to be an "SS" haircut?

That's just a short back and sides. The vast majority of men all over Europe wore their hair like that for decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭obsidianclock

That's a sentence fragment.

Best comment on boards ever, I sprayed my drink everywhere laughing, thanks Captain! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Magenta wrote: »
    ...People who claim to be vegetarian but have no problem eating fish. Either killing an animal for food is wrong or it isn't, which is it?...
    That does annoy me. No problem with actual vegetarians or vegans.
    Is eating meat on Ash Wednesday attacking religion?
    No, but going out of your way to tell everyone solely to have a go is probably a bit much.
    73Cat wrote: »
    People who look at you like you are sub human when you say you don't like animals. I don't hurt them, I'm not a monster FFS :(. Giraffes are pretty cool though.
    I'll admit to being a bit put off when people say they don't like animals or children. It's nothing personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Rude, bad-mannered people, copycats, drama queens/attention wh*res and people who enable them, spitters, people who eat with their mouth open, people who speak in Americanisms ("it's like annoyance central") , gawkers, eavesdroppers, racists, biggots, people who can't just walk home quietly after a night of drinking but have to let the whole world know they're drunk and SUCH good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

people who say the word "bae":mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cuban Pete wrote: »
    We've got a live one! :pac:

I suppose we're just imagining the, for example, goons who harp on about vaccines being a government conspiracy, eh? Or the idiots who still think there's a link to autism.

A live vaccine? :eek: Quick won't someone please think of the children!? Oh wait...we do think of the children....the ones at risk of getting measles because vaccine uptake has reduced due to the anti vaccine propaganda...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

people on boards

CarPark2 wrote: »
    'Mumsy' types. Not all mothers (obviously), just the ones that bring every conversation back to their kids or the fact that they are mothers.

Oh god this...it boils my piss.

I know one woman and this is ALL THAT SHE TALKS ABOUT! Every day. She's genuinely one of the dullest people I've ever met.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Kim Lardassian69

eviltwin wrote: »
    Smokers and people who swear all the time. Also right wing conservative types and the excessively religious.

hardly inexplicable reasons now are they?

On that note people who don't read or understand the thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tony EH wrote: »
    Oh god this...it boils my piss.

I know one woman and this is ALL THAT SHE TALKS ABOUT! Every day. She's genuinely one of the dullest people I've ever met.

I know a man like this,it's even worse.Used to think he was ok but at this stage as soon as he mentions his kids I feel like punching him.Dull and repetitive conversations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Rude, bad-mannered people, copycats, drama queens/attention wh*res and people who enable them, spitters, people who eat with their mouth open, people who speak in Americanisms ("it's like annoyance central") , gawkers, eavesdroppers, racists, biggots, people who can't just walk home quietly after a night of drinking but have to let the whole world know they're drunk and SUCH good craic.

I am probably guilty of this, although it's not an attempt to let everyone know how much craic i am (in reality Im alright in small doses, but you wouldnt want a whole evening of me), for some reason after a certain amount of drink, almost unbeknownst to myself, I will start singing. I'll stumble up the road gurlging raglan road completely oblivious to the fact that I could be annoying anyone

IrishAlice wrote: »
    This is me. I would never like to see an animal hurt or mistreated but I'm just not really interested in them. I have no opinion either way.

I adore animals but I don't mind people who are not into them once, as you say, they are not cruel to them. Different strokes and all that but one thing I do hate is people who claim to be animal people because they've bought a bichon or a ****zu or pomeranian for a couple of hundred quid but will turn a blind eye to cruelty or strays that they happen upon. Sorry, that does not make you an animal person. It makes you a person with a dog, that's all. :(

Why was shítzhu censored, it's fu.cking breed of dog lol

eviltwin wrote: »
    People with too much fake tan

People with any fake tan.

zerks wrote: »
    I know a man like this,it's even worse.Used to think he was ok but at this stage as soon as he mentions his kids I feel like punching him.Dull and repetitive conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Magenta wrote: »
    • Grown men who think misogyny is really funny.Replying to random threads that mention a woman/that are posted by a woman asking for pics of her, kitchen jokes, blah blah blah. Grow up....
    • People who claim to be vegetarian but have no problem eating fish. Either killing an animal for food is wrong or it isn't, which is it?
    • Religious people who cannot accept that not everybody shares their beliefs.
    • Women who insult other women for being slimmer than them with jibes like "skinny bitch". You don't go up to an overweight woman and call her a fat bitch do you?
    • Similarly, women who boast about how they are "not girly" as if being feminine is something to be ashamed of. If I want to paint my nails every day I will, I don't have to answer to you.
    • People who think they are superior because they don't like pop music. We don't choose what we like. I listen to certain music because I like how it sounds, which I believe is the whole point of music, not to make yourself feel smug.

I agree with all of the above except the last bit. If I meet anyone who thinks the the crazy frog song is absolutely the best thing ever released, I'll think they're an idiot :)

Tony EH wrote: »
    People with any fake tan.

People who try to make me feel bad for not wearing fake tan. I like being pale and beautiful. Some women are dark and beautiful. Get over it and stop forcing me to look like a jaundiced oompa loompa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I am probably guilty of this, although it's not an attempt to let everyone know how much craic i am (in reality Im alright in small doses, but you wouldnt want a whole evening of me), for some reason after a certain amount of drink, almost unbeknownst to myself, I will start singing. I'll stumble up the road gurlging raglan road completely oblivious to the fact that I could be annoying anyone

That's fair enough. I live in the middle of the town and last night I couldn't sleep because of a few shouting matches that were going on. I would actually chuckle at the singing. It's the street drama and shouting insults or just generally making incoherent wails and shouts that I can't stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

People who piss in your mouth when your trying to take a dump in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I adore animals but I don't mind people who are not into them once, as you say, they are not cruel to them. Different strokes and all that but one thing I do hate is people who claim to be animal people because they've bought a bichon or a ****zu or pomeranian for a couple of hundred quid but will turn a blind eye to cruelty or strays that they happen upon. Sorry, that does not make you an animal person. It makes you a person with a dog, that's all. :(

Why was shítzhu censored, it's fu.cking breed of dog lol

People who constantly update you about the condition of their pet or keep telling you about the absolutely hilarious thing the pet did. Those people deserved to be muzzled.
    I love animals but no-one wants to hear the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

People wearing Leinster rugby shirts! Pass me the sick bucket!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement