Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that inexplicably turn you against someone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Do you work in medicine ? or do you have to judge somebody based on their choice of medical utensils. How do you appraise you local GP ? on his socks ?

Do you appraise your local GP on his Hitler youth haircut? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

LOVE the smell of a pipe. Cant wait until im old enough to smoke one.

Probably one of the most disturbing posts I've read on boards in a very long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

People with those SS haircuts.

0f736316876b8c1d38e393b43e718e0c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

When I was young and carefree and looking for a fella, nothing put me off a man more than him having a jumper or coat tied around his waist. Nothing.

If I hear anyone linking vaccines with autism, I don't want to know them.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Anyone that wears track suits tucked into their socks. I automatically hate them.

You must despise goalkeepers then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

actually!

a burberry coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do you like Cats?
    I'm more of a dog person but cats are cool. And very funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do you work in medicine ? or do you have to judge somebody based on their choice of medical utensils. How do you appraise you local GP ? on his socks ?

I'm a scientist. Intelligent homeopaths exist, but they know what they're doing is screwing desperate people for profit. Worse than big pharma by a country mile IMO.
    Im with you on the vaccinations but is there not a legitimate argument to be made that "big pharma" as you put it are more interested in treatments than cures. Im not talking about cancer specifically, just in general.
    Im by no means an authority on this so im open to being corrected, condemned and humiliated on the internet

Well, not really. For one thing, cancer cells are too similar to ours to be killed off en masse without side effects which are thankfully becoming less severe with new drugs. Also, these firms have shareholders to answer to who won't be pleased that they're hiding a potential revenue stream when they could charge the farm for it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Jealousy, resentment and begrudgry. Traits that I just don't understand and cannot abide in people.

I agree with you on this, Aongus - they are not nice traits at all where they actually exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I agree with you on this, Aongus - they are not nice traits at all where they actually exist.

I reckon they exist in rather large numbers. Being very materialistic is the key.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

LOVE the smell of a pipe. Cant wait until im old enough to smoke one.

This.

Also, anyone who thinks cruelty to animals is funny, people who swear a lot - it's like sitting in a stream of ear pollution sitting upstairs on the bus; groups of girls on hen weekends giving off those piercing mating squeals that go right through your head; people who thinks a political point can be made by violence and anger. Oh, and, Jesus, crisp breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

This.

Also, anyone who thinks cruelty to animals is funny, people who swear a lot - it's like sitting in a stream of ear pollution sitting upstairs on the bus; groups of girls on hen weekends giving off those piercing mating squeals that go right through your head; people who thinks a political point can be made by violence and anger. Oh, and, Jesus, crisp breath.
    I agree..
    But crisps are soooo gooooood
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

civil service friends whose income would put them in the global top 1% complaining about "suffering austerity"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm not proud of it but I've noticed recently that I automatically have less respect for obese people. It's not that I dislike them as people but I tend to not value them as much, I guess some part of my brain is thinking "Well if they can't keep their body mass at a healthy level then they're unlikely to have much drive in other important areas of their life/work"

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Girls who drone on and on about rugby - since when did it become 'cool' to be into rugby? Ye can head RIGHT off there.

So speaketh a bog warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

People with tunnels in their ears. I think they're gross and can't understand why anyone would want to do it to their body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Frog Song wrote: »
    Those dog owners annoy me too. You have to respect other people's space and know not everyone feels the same about your dog as you do, I agree that's not on.

Yeah, I think all pet owners are weird.
    Dogs/cats are nice animals but I don't want them sh*tting in my house/garden and have me clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

People who are younger and more successful than me.

I'm going to be a very grouchy old man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

You don't need to work in medicine to be against the farcical non-remedies of homeopathy.

Homeopathy is for idiots.

Okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The Mulk wrote: »
    Yeah, I think all pet owners are weird.
    Dogs/cats are nice animals but I don't want them sh*tting in my house/garden and have me clean it up.

By extension, do you think all pet owners let their animals shít and píss in other peoples gardens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Well, not really. For one thing, cancer cells are too similar to ours to be killed off en masse without side effects which are thankfully becoming less severe with new drugs. Also, these firms have shareholders to answer to who won't be pleased that they're hiding a potential revenue stream when they could charge the farm for it.

But in terms of revenue stream is there not much more to be made from a continuous treatment than a cure. Again, Im really not specifying cancer given the various types and, as you pointed out, the nature of it.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    By extension, do you think all pet owners let their animals shít and píss in other peoples gardens?

I honestly dont understand why, bar crushing loneliness, anyone would want an animal about the house

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

"Lol I'm such a hardcore nerd because I watch Doctor Who / love Marvel movies."

If you have to constantly tell people how much of a nerd you are then I don't think you're a nerd, you're gobshíte looking for attention.

Oh, people who ask you to take your shoes off before coming into their house.
    I put up with it in canada because it seems to be the done thing there but here I'd just leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

People who are afraid to complain to the right people but moan about the issue to anyone who will listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

No, i never mentioned anything about other peoples gardens:confused:, cleaning up after a pet is one of the many reasons I wouldn't want a pet.

I honestly dont understand why, bar crushing loneliness, anyone would want an animal about the house

I'm far from lonely and I love having animals around my house. :)

The Mulk wrote: »
    No, i never mentioned anything about other peoples gardens:confused:, cleaning up after a pet is one of the many reasons I wouldn't want a pet.

Ah ok. Sorry I misread your post. Fair enough point.

I'm far from lonely and I love having animals around my house. :)

oh im not criticising, I just dont understand it

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    People who are afraid to complain to the right people but moan about the issue to anyone who will listen.

So pretty much everyone in Ireland. Joe Duffy sums it up nicely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement