Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that inexplicably turn you against someone

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

People who dont need glasses but still wear this big framed ones. Is that now cool? All the people who got called 4 eyes and nerd growing up must be sickend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I adore animals but I don't mind people who are not into them once, as you say, they are not cruel to them. Different strokes and all that but one thing I do hate is people who claim to be animal people because they've bought a bichon or a ****zu or pomeranian for a couple of hundred quid but will turn a blind eye to cruelty or strays that they happen upon. Sorry, that does not make you an animal person. It makes you a person with a dog, that's all. :(

Why was shítzhu censored, it's fu.cking breed of dog lol

I bought a pug, for more money than we spent on our 42 inch TV, fridge and washing machine together. I just wanted a pug as my first dog, doesn't mean I'm not an animal person.
    You've taken in a rescue, well done, I hate people who think the sun shines out of their hole for it. Why not adopt a child in care instead of having your own? Stupid argument of course, each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

People who use the word cray or term cray cray!

The word is crazy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Do you appraise your local GP on his Hitler youth haircut? :pac:

Why my Local GP is no other than doctor Joseph Mengele .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

People who don't speak Irish telling everyone that they should!

The few people I know do speak Irish don't preach about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Grayson wrote: »
    People who constantly update you about the condition of their pet or keep telling you about the absolutely hilarious thing the pet did. Those people deserved to be muzzled.
    I love animals but no-one wants to hear the story.

I greet "wait til I tell you what my cat/dog/baby did" stories with the same with the same exasperation I usually reserve for "wait til I tell you about this dream I had" stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

ComfortKid wrote: »
    People who dont need glasses but still wear this big framed ones. Is that now cool? All the people who got called 4 eyes and nerd growing up must be sickend.

Don't worry they were culled in order to free up the supply of frivolous glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Magenta wrote: »
    • People who claim to be vegetarian but have no problem eating fish. Either killing an animal for food is wrong or it isn't, which is it?

I am one of those people, and every so often someone will make an uninvited comment on it, which immediately puts me off them.

1. The person never said they don't eat meat because of moral reasons. There are many other factors: environmental, dietary, farming methods, or perhaps the person just doesn't like meat but likes fish.
    2. I don't comment on what you/anyone else eats, so mind your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

People who try to make me feel bad for not wearing fake tan. I like being pale and beautiful. Some women are dark and beautiful. Get over it and stop forcing me to look like a jaundiced oompa loompa.

Pale, natural looking, skin tones will ALWAYS look much better than fake tan. I've always found it to such a remarkably low minded concept that a tan (fake or holiday) makes you look better.

It doesn't.

I was at a wedding a few years ago and the bride and her bridesmaids all had this awful fake tan crap on them. I swear, it was like feckin Motown or something.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I bought a pug, for more money than we spent on our 42 inch TV, fridge and washing machine together. I just wanted a pug as my first dog, doesn't mean I'm not an animal person.
    You've taken in a rescue, well done, I hate people who think the sun shines out of their hole for it. Why not adopt a child in care instead of having your own? Stupid argument of course, each to their own.

First, I don't think the sun shines out of my hole, but I think that comment says more about you than it does me ;) I don't care if you bought a dog or not, but you are not (in my opinion) an "animal person" just because you did that. Yes I do take in strays, and I also rehome them to other like-minded people, who in your eyes no doubt think the sun shines out of their collective holes too.

Secondly, you're trying to substantiate a post by comparing buying a dog with adopting a baby. I'm not going down that ridiculous path with you, except to say that babies are not being euthanaised because they have nobody to re-home them.

People who like animals too much, like more than humans. You can just smell the damage from them.

People who constantly update you about the condition of their pet or keep telling you about the absolutely hilarious thing the pet did. Those people deserved to be muzzled.
    I love animals but no-one wants to hear the story.

I understand that, but why is it in reply to my post?

People who like animals too much, like more than humans. You can just smell the damage from them.

People who claim they can "smell" damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

People who talk about going out all the time. College is full of so many people who greet each other with "How's the head?"

And of course, extremely religious, homophobic or racist people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

being hipster

Slang_Tang wrote: »
    I am one of those people, and every so often someone will make an uninvited comment on it, which immediately puts me off them.

1. The person never said they don't eat meat because of moral reasons. There are many other factors: environmental, dietary, farming methods, or perhaps the person just doesn't like meat but likes fish.

Which reminds me. I dislike people who take immediate offence to someone who mentions they are vegan. I am not vegan, but I have noticed a great hostility towards them and I can't understand where it comes from. Are they just an accepted target or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I understand that, but why is it in reply to my post?

Because you mentioned animals and it made me think of it.

And because I'm judging you ;)

People who talk about going out all the time. College is full of so many people who greet each other with "How's the head?"

And of course, extremely religious, homophobic or racist people.

ooooh people who start sentences with, "I'm not homophobic/racist but..." usually followed with a homophobic or racist statement :D

People who claim they can "smell" damage.

If you weren't immune from smelling your own you wouldn't be so jel.:pac:

• Advertisement

First, I don't think the sun shines out of my hole, but I think that comment says more about you than it does me ;) I don't care if you bought a dog or not, but you are not (in my opinion) an "animal person"

What about the fact that I've taken in a sick bird and a dog in bad condition, and got it back to its full health? Does the fact that I bought a dog cancel that out?

Because you mentioned animals and it made me think of it.

And because I'm judging you ;)

Oh my God! A Baordsie judged me! :p

If you weren't immune from smelling your own you wouldn't be so jel.:pac:

jel? What.

What about the fact that I've taken in a sick bird and a dog in bad condition, and got it back to its full health? Does the fact that I bought a dog cancel that out?

No. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jel? What.

Jealous, lazy speak invented by teenage girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Slang_Tang wrote: »

Eating fish would make you pescatarian, not vegetarian. Vegetarians eat NO flesh. If a person says "I'm a vegetarian, but I eat fish and chicken" then they are not vegetarians and I reserve the right to be hacked off about having made them a special meatless meal when I could have just roasted a salmon and saved myself a ton of hassle.

No. :confused:

So am I an animal person or not? You said anyone who buys a dog can't be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

obriendj wrote: »
    I despise tightness or stinginess.
    Especially when its very obvious when they do anything to avoid opening their wallet.

Especially when said people have about $200k in their bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

When you buy someone a pint and they accept, sit for the rest of the night and don't buy you one back while sipping away on the pint you bought them until the end of the night.

You'd want to leave the country for being so stingy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

kylith wrote: »
    Eating fish would make you pescatarian, not vegetarian. Vegetarians eat NO flesh. If a person says "I'm a vegetarian, but I eat fish and chicken" then they are not vegetarians and I reserve the right to be hacked off about having made them a special meatless meal when I could have just roasted a salmon and saved myself a ton of hassle.

It's the word BUT in there. Vegetarians don't use the word but (or eat it).

If someone says the words "I'm a vegetarian but I eat..." then they're probably not a veggie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement