Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Can anyone think of a way to protect the glass? I'm thinking of seeing if the vendor with the 3d printer would knock something out? I'm getting a subtank 2nd hand and I just know that I'll be clumsy with it. Thanks

I have my SubTank on a SVD 2.0 and have knocked it over a few time's, so i sent a email to Bart at thebestshop and he printed me out a stand for my SVD 2.0.Sturdy and looks great, not knocked it over since i got it, my SubTank is now safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

LazyPicti wrote: »
    I have my SubTank on a SVD 2.0 and have knocked it over a few time's, so i sent a email to Bart at thebestshop and he printed me out a stand for my SVD 2.0.Sturdy and looks great, not knocked it over since i got it, my SubTank is now safe.

I think I'll get a stand but I was thinking more of a cage type thing like the Nautiluses have. I think I'll message Bart unless slomeone else can think of a DIY solution.

I think I'll get a stand but I was thinking more of a cage type thing like the Nautiluses have. I think I'll message Bart unless slomeone else can think of a DIY solution.

Yeah a cage/steel type tank would be nice, FT have replacement glass tanks for a good price.I have dropped mine a couple of time's and it's holding together so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

All these sub ohm type of tanks are useless for MTL,I do love lung hits but I do prefer MTL,I think there is a better taste,all my luxury liquids as I call them,the expensive ones with excellent taste & nic hits,I use all mini Nautilus's on isticks,some reports on leakage & gurgling,I get none of that,because I am very particular with maintaining them whether they are full of liquid or not,most important cleaning I do is the air hole,on a full tank,I would clean it twice,I unscrew the base with marigolds,unscrew the coil,wipe coil with kitchen roll,then put a sheet of KR over the section where the coil normally screws into,turn AFC ring to the biggest hole or what ever hole you use & blow very hard into the hole a couple of times,then screw a bit of KR & clean out the coil section on the base & thats it,sounds like alot to do,it only takes 2 or 3 minutes but it works for me.
    Some BVC coils are not 100% perfect & they leak,but the good ones,I can use 3 tanks or more without doing all this.It's always down to how lucky you are when buying these coils.Good thing about the BVC coils is that they do not leak at the 510 connection,we can put up with the air hole leaks.
    Also take off the drip tip,put a sheet of KR over the top of the Nautilus,while holding the Nautilus in your hand with KR over the drip tip section,flick it hard downwards a few times,you will be amazed how much liquid is sitting in the air tube,just clean the inside of the drip tip section & also hold the actual drip tip tight to a bit of KR & blow hard,then release tissue while blowing & do it a couple of times.
    I have many different Clearo's that I am using & the best is the Mini Nautilus & the iclear 30 imo comes second,these two work great for me,I'm holding a record of my own that I used well over 30 Nuatilus tanks of juice on one BVC coil.

Excellent advice, anything that you want to work efficiently needs basic maintainence.
    Also am a big fan of the iclear30,can't seem to get the same flavours from anything else.

I have the white insulator in my RBA section and I'm getting that horrible taste from it, described as monkey azz? lol, taste more like burn hair to me.I have checked a few stores but can't find any for sale, does anybody know a place where i can pick some up.

It's the newer brown insulators i need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I have the white insulator in my RBA section and I'm getting that horrible taste from it, described as monkey azz? lol, taste more like burn hair to me.I have checked a few stores but can't find any for sale, does anybody know a place where i can pick some up.

It's the newer brown insulators i need.

I thought the newer ones were clear , no ? ,

Also if there are any B&M stores near you stocking them they should have received some spare insulators ( although whether this actually happened or not I don't know )

Pretty sure its the brownish one's that are the most recent, white one's taste funny, clear one's melt, that's what the internet is telling me :)

I'll check with my local shops.

EDIT:The good insulators are either light brown or clear :), i cant really get a clear answer anywhere.FT have RBA base's that are not authentic and the insulator looks clear, if my local B&M don't have any I'll take a chance on the FT ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

general consensus says it's the brown ones that are the latest. Handy hint for protecting tanks with a large glass surface area.....rubber o rings! They come in various widths and thicknesses. Roll 'em over the tank ( Stop snickering at the back :) ) and they will provide a bumper to lessen the impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

A couple of YT videos say that the new insulators are clear,just as Jonski mentioned,googling & searching are never up to date with certain info,I'll try & find those videos.I know it was a well known reviewer that said it.

The biggest problem is trying to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

noelyf wrote: »
    general consensus says it's the brown ones that are the latest. Handy hint for protecting tanks with a large glass surface area.....rubber o rings! They come in various widths and thicknesses. Roll 'em over the tank ( Stop snickering at the back :) ) and they will provide a bumper to lessen the impact!

:D:D:D:D we will have cotton wool inside to wick & cotton wool on the outside for protection.
    I know what you mean,some of us just keep knocking these PV's over,using black O-Rings will cover up those Red O-Rings :D a good idea,especially if there are more family members living in the same house.
    Bumper O-Rings,it does have a ring to it:D:D
    I may laugh but I took your idea on board & it works,nice one...:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Functional first.....then make it pretty:)

http://www.mcssl.com/store/kangertechusllc/advanced-subtank-insulators-upgraded-material-two-sizes

^^These are the only ones that Kanger send out now, sadly they wont post to Ireland, Kanger China refuse to send me any?, the vendor i bought from did not receive any from kanger, local B&M don't have any, i am willing to pay for them and i cant find anywhere that sells them,,,

I'm screwed.

I think it's PBusardo who was saying the clear one's are good, but a lot of people are reporting the clear ones melting after his report.

I will just forget about the RBA section for now.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/kangertechusllc/advanced-subtank-insulators-upgraded-material-two-sizes

^^These are the only ones that Kanger send out now, sadly they wont post to Ireland, Kanger China refuse to send me any?, the vendor i bought from did not receive any from kanger, local B&M don't have any, i am willing to pay for them and i cant find anywhere that sells them,,,

I'm screwed.

I think it's PBusardo who was saying the clear one's are good, but a lot of people are reporting the clear ones melting after his report.

I will just forget about the RBA section for now.

Here's the thing , I bought mine solely for the RBA section .

All is well now :) look at these beautiful little basterd's http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/kangertech-rba-insulators.html I've been searching for day's and i finally found you.

How is your RBA working out jonski? what insulator do you have.

Mine is white and after using 5 whole cotton pads, 4 new coils, several washes and three different types of juice i could not get rid of a horrible taste i was getting.It must be my insulator after so many people reporting the same thing.

I have the clear insulators and tbh I haven't even taken the tank out of the box because I don't have any decent juice to use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I had to send the rba section of my mini back cause one of the screws that holds your coil in place wasn't centered properly between the two posts causing the coil not to be secured properly. Not sure if it was a once off or what but something to definatly check before you use. 11042144_10203624213507753_511911770_n_zpswvlas20a.jpg

Got a replacement though and it's working perfect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

i got a subtank nano last week and i cant find a good setting for it on my estick 50.
    at the moment it does not compare with the atlantis.
    i use mainly 24mg which i can handle in the atlantis but it just burns in the subtank,so i got some 18mg still the same result
    i also find the drip tip gets very warm with the subtank
    any thoughts?

jonski wrote: »
    I have the clear insulators and tbh I haven't even taken the tank out of the box because I don't have any decent juice to use :)

i find that the OCC coils for the tank are a bit hit and miss anyway, some of them have the wick stuffed in to tight.

When i get my new insulator I'm going to buy the Kbox for it and crank that baby up.

All is well now :) look at these beautiful little basterd's http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/kangertech-rba-insulators.html I've been searching for day's and i finally found you.

£3.70 , yeah ? , €5 for something we should have got for nothing , annoying .

jonski wrote: »
    £3.70 , yeah ? , €5 for something we should have got for nothing , annoying .

Yup, very true.I was emailing Kanger China and they simply refused to send me any, and they are sending them out to US customers by the thousand.

My vendor was asking for the email's Kanger sent me so i gave it to them, hopefully they can get somewhere with Kanger.It's not very fair that Kanger are putting the responsibility on the vendors in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I have the Subtank for awhile now and could never get on with it - I don't like straight lung hits. Got a iStick 50w last week and swapped out the OCC for the pre-buit RBA coil and its been great. Been vaping Red Astaire 11mg on the 0.6ohm dual coil at 24w (3.7v) and have no problem doing MTL hits, probably because of the tighter draw. Flavours great too. Much better than my non-mini Natulis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Off topic here sorry, but where do you get your Red Astaire? I'm interested in the flavour but not a high PG variant, I think I saw someone mention on here they make up their own at a higher VG?

On the Subtank ... I was thinking on getting a Nano for my partner, she has the iStick 20w, and I thought the 1.2 ohm coil would be perfect? I use the Atlantis myself and love it, and heard the subtanks were better ... by some users? But reading here now I wouldn't be so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

ezsmoke and e-smokeireland stock RA Concentrate AFAIK

I personally think the Atlantis is a better tank. The subtank for me leaks a little. I have tried all the solutions on the forums but with no success. The Atlantis works each and every time, although i am a bit of an Aspire fanboy :)

There is a version 2 of the Atlantis coming out with 0.3,0.5 and 1.0 coils seemingly.

My Atlantis hasn't leaked or gurgled in the 3 weeks or so since i got it. So far so good. I do love it, and I was wondering if there was 1 ohm+ coils for it, as the only issue I have is that it's drinking juice so fast! I just think the Nano would suit the 20w stick better, as she wouldn't be into sub ohm vaping so much, but with the Nano and 1.2 coil in around 15-17w should be just fine.

I have never made up my own juice, just prefer to buy it, I'm lazy like that. They should do a higher VG version of popular flavours for drippers and sub ohmers. It makes sense.

It could not be simpler Thecageyone (and this is from someone who was apprehensive about DIY)

To make 76VG/24PG:

3.3ml of Nic(54mg) for 6% nic output
    22ml of VG
    4.5ml of RA

For a 30ml Bottle.

I might give it a go sometime, but I just like the buy and go way - it does mean missing out on some flavours I guess, and it costing a bit more. But simple as it sounds, I know i'd muck it up somehow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

Should start a little thread on DiY mixing, I'd be interested at least in learning how you guys do it yourselves.

WarmT wrote: »
    Should start a little thread on DiY mixing, I'd be interested at least in learning how you guys do it yourselves.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93401942

Was getting dry hits with the RBA section. I think the 80/20 juice is too much for the little air holes. I'll try it again at a later date.

I put the 1.2 coil in. Pretty impressed with it @14w with 50/50 juice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Bagacans

Would the subtank mini be good for "mouth to lung" hits? From the youtube reviews I've seen everybody seems to be smoking it like a bong directly into the lungs. That's not my style but I'm looking for a good quality tank. I'm also not into rebuilding.

Advertisement