Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have not EG. I may do. Cheers for the headsup.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have not EG. I may do. Cheers for the headsup.

Hey Wibbs,I have a spare big 5ml Nautilus with a ss tank that you are welcome to,I have no coils,just send me a small stamped addressed jiffy if you are interested.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thanks YD! Appreciate the offer. :) This morning I got some new juice Liqua French tobacco(on another recommendation from here :)) and decided to strip down the Nano, put in the spare seals and kick off with a new coil. Hopefully I won't have to be going around with a tissue constantly wiping it like it was a Baptist old time religion preacher in a Luisiana tent in summer. :D

Still I think I got a shít batch of OCC coils. I had some issues before, but nothing like this time. I bought this five pack just over a week ago and one blew, another dropped resistance to 0.03 and the mod refused to fire and the last leaked like a teabag. And I've double checked they are legit Kanger coils. A perusal on the interwebs seems to show some inconsistency with their coils mind you. Kangers own forum seems to have "leaks" in every other post.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thanks YD! Appreciate the offer. :) This morning I got some new juice Liqua French tobacco(on another recommendation from here :)) and decided to strip down the Nano, put in the spare seals and kick off with a new coil. Hopefully I won't have to be going around with a tissue constantly wiping it like it was a Baptist old time religion preacher in a Luisiana tent in summer. :D

Still I think I got a shít batch of OCC coils. I had some issues before, but nothing like this time. I bought this five pack just over a week ago and one blew, another dropped resistance to 0.03 and the mod refused to fire and the last leaked like a teabag. And I've double checked they are legit Kanger coils. A perusal on the interwebs seems to show some inconsistency with their coils mind you. Kangers own forum seems to have "leaks" in every other post.

That isn't just limited to subtank coils either. I think most are hand made and you do get the odd Friday afternoon batch.

I had a batch of protank coils that were all over the shop with resistance and seemed to just burn juice rather than vapourise it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

For the price you should check out the GS Air tank. Their stock coils are far better than than the Kanger or Aspire equivalents. Tank is a relative bargain @ around €11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I find those GS air coils mute the flavour quite a bit. They also gurgle and spit like mad when the get down to the last few mls in the tank.

That's my experience with them anyway, though I only bought one five pack.

Yea I have the GS air as my "spare" tank and I found similar. The flavour isn't as strong as the Kanger. Zero leakage mind you, takes a decent amount of liquid and you can't go wrong for the price.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mr.lollo14

Mine doesn't leak, whatever I use Occ or Rba..
    Try to buy a new base for 6-7€ on web..
    I bought my subtank with Subox 2 weeks ago and it works perfectly.
    Never used Occ Horizontal

OK ye bastids, you're saying it's likely me. To be fair, you're probably right. :D The latest coil isn't leaking. Well there's some seepage, but nothing compared to the last one/few. Looks like me going sub tank Mini and the rebuildable route. Or stuffing the pre made coils with some cotton.

PS. A huge thanks for the help and info and suggestions, minus the (understandable) oh feck a newb stuff. :) It's why I like this forum on vaping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know how to change the glass tank on a mini?

I cant for the life of me get the old one off and it has a few chips out of it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

Should just twist off the orings. If it's really stiff and chipped anyway why not just break it off

Had to change one on my wife's Subtank. Found that using rubber gloves helped get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I just did the same last night.
    The glass wouldn't turn or come off the orings, it was welded on at the top but loose at the bottom and was leaking.
    I wedged a tiny screwdriver (from a glasses kit) in between the top of the glass and the steel 'top cap' and started to wiggle it, hoping it would come off so I could change the orings.
    Well, instead it shattered. My ordeal wasn't over there, because the glass was actually stuck to the top oring, no wonder it wouldn't come off, bonded like it was glued.
    Very odd. Be careful of the glass is what I'm saying, it could be stuck like mine was, in which case good luck getting it off without breaking it!

Advertisement