Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Thats a kinda mantra that i've been using about a particular juice, Cosmic Fog Nutz, at 19.50 a bottle I'm gonna stick with it till its gone, however putrid it tastes.

Tried that with a few of mine couldn't hack it though. Thankfully Ive a few friends who vape but rarely buy anything decent so I just pass on what I don't want to them.

I've a bottle of mothers milk that's changed colour so much its odd. Its on its way to being black at this stage. All I did was transfer it into needle top bottle.

I've about 6 bottles to give away this weekend and if they aren't taken I'll throw them up on here next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thats a kinda mantra that i've been using about a particular juice, Cosmic Fog Nutz, at 19.50 a bottle I'm gonna stick with it till its gone, however putrid it tastes.

Have you tried in a dripper at high wattage,it should change the taste to the better,maybe :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Have you tried in a dripper at high wattage,it should change the taste to the better,maybe

Ive tried it in different tanks and improves a bit, trying it in a dripper at the moment and it has a black pepper flavour, this is one thats gonna last a while methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Hi guys, just thought I would sing the praises of the mini rba plus. Bought 7 authentic ones off ft. They wick so well and they are so easy to set up. They are also so much easier to dissassemble than their predecessor.no more cuts on my hands. Flavour is much the same but I can now run my builds at 25w instead of 17. Fckin awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just thought I would sing the praises of the mini rba plus. Bought 7 authentic ones off ft. They wick so well and they are so easy to set up. They are also so much easier to dissassemble than their predecessor.no more cuts on my hands ðŸ˜႒. Flavour is much the same but I can now fun my builds at 25w instead of 17. Fckin awesome

Agreed they are great, wicks great, running mine at 31w no problem

• Advertisement

Anyone using the new rba with high vg juice?? Just wondering does it wick better than the older rba.

How would someone know the difference between the new RBA and the old one? I bought the Mini recently (3weeks ago or something) and am not sure what one I got.

Trond wrote:
    How would someone know the difference between the new RBA and the old one? I bought the Mini recently (3weeks ago or something) and am not sure what one I got.

New rba has wicking holes on side of chimney and a small screw securing the chimney to the deck.

New rba has wicking holes on side of chimney and a small screw securing the chimney to the deck.

On my next order I will splash out on that €12 RBA,I don't think there is much diff going by some vids I saw,I'll check YT to see if any new reviews have appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Haven't got the new type myself, but as refered to above the new rba has massive wick holes, like the stock coils, which handles my 80vg juice no problem, so I can only assume the new rba would too.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that. I got the new one so!

Between the Ego One Mega and the Subtank they've converted me to direct lung hits.

Didihno wrote: »
    Haven't got the new type myself, but as refered to above the new rba has massive wick holes, like the stock coils, which handles my 80vg juice no problem, so I can only assume the new rba would too.

Thats what I'm looking for,something that will take the 80% vg as the older one struggles with the narrow juice channels and rather than replacing tanks it's a cheaper option to replace the rba's.

Trond wrote: »
    Cheers for that. I got the new one so!

Between the Ego One Mega and the Subtank they've converted me to direct lung hits.

It's much easier now to disassemble the rba with that screw,no more broken fingernails:D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

4 week old Kanger Subtank Mini is leaking from around the adjustable airhole setting at the botttomof the tank....

Everything is tight and in place at it should be.... Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Insufficient wicking maybe, is it premade coil or the rba ?

subscriber wrote: »
    4 week old Kanger Subtank Mini is leaking from around the adjustable airhole setting at the botttomof the tank....

Everything is tight and in place at it should be.... Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be??

The coil seems to be causing flooding,unscrew coil from base,give the base & air holes a good soaking under a running tap,give a good shake to dry it off & use kitchen towel to finish off the drying,especially the part the coil screws into,it's just a build up of juice coming from the bottom of the coil into the base & then escapes out of the air hole,this works for me everytime.

The coil seems to be causing flooding,unscrew coil from base,give the base & air holes a good soaking under a running tap,give a good shake to dry it off & use kitchen towel to finish off the drying,especially the part the coil screws into,it's just a build up of juice coming from the bottom of the coil into the base & then escapes out of the air hole,this works for me everytime.

Cheers.. Ill give it a blast and report back...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Kangertech tanks.
    They just seem to leak eventually one way or the other.
    Always have.

To qualify that statement I have had Kanger tanks pretty much since I started vaping. Very few of them didn't leak. This Subtank mini is probably the best of the lot in that regard, yet it does occasionally seep out.
    As suggested above, when its leaking, its time for a good cleaning out and that bottom o-ring on the tank section (the one that sits into the base) is garbage IMO, I've replaced two of mine already.

To balance that up though, the Subtank Mini is great otherwise. Flavour and performance is at a high level.

Didihno wrote: »
    Kangertech tanks.
    They just seem to leak eventually one way or the other.
    Always have.

To qualify that statement I have had Kanger tanks pretty much since I started vaping. Very few of them didn't leak. This Subtank mini is probably the best of the lot in that regard, yet it does occasionally seep out.
    As suggested above, when its leaking, its time for a good cleaning out and that bottom o-ring on the tank section (the one that sits into the base) is garbage IMO, I've replaced two of mine already.

To balance that up though, the Subtank Mini is great otherwise. Flavour and performance is at a high level.

I agree that flavour and performance is good but unfortunately I haven't solved the leaking problem yet which is an awful nuisance. I cleaned the bottom base and dried well yesterday which has decreased the frequency of the leaking but it is still leaking some. Although I have the tank about 4 weeks, it's only been used for about a total of 6 days cause i was having all sorts of other issues with coils burning too hot and hadn't been using it much at all while trying to solve that issue.

Coil issue sorted now by upgrading to the new 1.5ohm vertical coil with the biggeer hole but now this leaking issue... To say I'm disappointed with this tank is an understatement.

On the other hand, i was mostly using a kanger protank over the last few weeks and although I didn't find any issues with leaking, the vape from it left something to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

I have 4 subtank minis at this stage, and never really had the sort of problem you described.
    Any leaks I've had were sorted just by making sure the coil was tightened on to the base properly...

Having said that I got an OBS T-VCT (still can't post links!) tank recently, and it's always leaking - despite having a 6ml tank, I only put in a few drops at a time, so it doesn't all leak out! I think the variable juice flow might be causing the leaking, but might try another o-ring in the base, see if that helps at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The upgraded subtank mini that comes with the RBA base looks quite nice and I am considering getting it.

But I'm in a bit of a quandary as to get this or the Lemo 2 RTA. Both look decent but I can only afford one new tank right now... any thoughts on one over the other from you guys? Love to hear from folk that have both.

Cheers.

Quick question regarding the Subtank Mini.

I've 2 of they now and im find it a great tank. The upgraded RBA base works fantastically well.

The newer of the two tanks has started to leak whenever it not upright. Its other wise fine but obviously there something a miss.

I've had a look at the O-rings etc and nothing looks out of place. Im considering bringing it back to the vendor but before I do I thought Id check in here and see if there's something obvious I may be missing?

Juice gathers behind the AFC & when laying flat it will seep out of the air hole

Juice gathers behind the AFC & when laying flat it will seep out of the air hole

The older one I have is with me pretty much 24/7 and doesn't leak in the same manner at all.

Its a pain as I like to carry a back up tank when im on a night out. Having 2 subtanks as my options was pretty cool as well!

I'll replace the O Rings and see it that does anything. Otherwise I might chance my arm and return it....

The older one I have is with me pretty much 24/7 and doesn't leak in the same manner at all.

Its a pain as I like to carry a back up tank when im on a night out. Having 2 subtanks as my options was pretty cool as well!

I'll replace the O Rings and see it that does anything. Otherwise I might chance my arm and return it....

It's usually the coil that floods the AFC eventually,have you tried holding the tank upside down & blow like fukc up the drip tip while catching the excess fluid from the air hole with a tissue.

It's usually the coil that floods the AFC eventually,have you tried holding the tank upside down & blow like fukc up the drip tip while catching the excess fluid from the air hole with a tissue.

I did that and had some success but it reverted to leaking again. I think I'll take both tanks apart together and see if I can see something different with the individual o-rings and seals.

Its a shame as I really like the tank. Great flavour and vapour production and probably the easiest tank Ive used to rebuild on.

I did that and had some success but it reverted to leaking again. I think I'll take both tanks apart together and see if I can see something different with the individual o-rings and seals.

Its a shame as I really like the tank. Great flavour and vapour production and probably the easiest tank Ive used to rebuild on.

I love them myself,I have one tank that seeps through the air hole & the others don't,every tankful I have to unscrew the coil & wash the base out under the tap with the air hole open & I don't get anymore leaks till the next fill up & wash it again,no trouble with O-Rings on my tanks,good luck finding the problem.

I have the latest upgraded version and I am liking it a lot.

No leaks at all so far while using the rebuildable base and it's in my pocket bouncing around all the time. Also have it on it's side with the tank on while recharging.

Something that surprised me was when I did a rebuild and change of juice yesterday that the airflow area was completely dry. I at least expected a certain amount of condensation in there.

8mm wrote: »
    I have the latest upgraded version and I am liking it a lot.

No leaks at all so far while using the rebuildable base and it's in my pocket bouncing around all the time. Also have it on it's side with the tank on while recharging.

Something that surprised me was when I did a rebuild and change of juice yesterday that the airflow area was completely dry. I at least expected a certain amount of condensation in there.

That new rba base must be good if it's leaving no condensation in the air hole,all mine just leaves a damp type patch on top of the box mod

• Advertisement

Well to be honest I only have it since last Friday so still in the honeymoon period and have to see how it holds up over time.

The new RBA has been great and very easy to build. I did have to redo my build yesterday as I over packed the cotton and should have known better.

Also I have only been using Liqua juice in it which I think is 70/30 but I hear higher VG also works well too when wicked right.

Advertisement