Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Replacement glass tank & O-Rings for sale.

http://irishvape.com/product/kanger-subtank-mini-spare-glass/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Just noticed Kanger have this coming out soon!
    Can't say I need one, but suddenly I want one! :)

Can't post link, don't have enough posts, so just search for "KANGER BLACK MINI SUBOX STARTER KIT"...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Just noticed Kanger have this coming out soon!
    Can't say I need one, but suddenly I want one! :)

Can't post link, don't have enough posts, so just search for "KANGER BLACK MINI SUBOX STARTER KIT"...

Just read about it on the PBusardo site about 5 minutes ago :)

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2015/05/18/sweet-looking-little-rig-coming-from-kanger/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

kingtiger wrote: »

Yes. It's ok, but the Japanese stuff is better.

I'm using the Fibre Freaks cotton and it is the best I've used. Ok, it's more expensive than the boots stuff, but you're talking 6euro for three months supply, or 3euro. Pennies in the grand scheme of things.

Yes. It's ok, but the Japanese stuff is better.

I'm using the Fibre Freaks cotton and it is the best I've used. Ok, it's more expensive than the boots stuff, but you're talking 6euro for three months supply, or 3euro. Pennies in the grand scheme of things.

can you just walk in and buy that "Fiber Freaks" in a shop Fred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

can you just walk in and buy that "Fiber Freaks" in a shop Fred?

In a vaping store, yes. I bought mine in Cigatec Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I use this cotton. Bought mine off Amazon but Im sure I read they have a shop just off Grafton street.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cotton-Labo-Organic-Puff-200Pc/dp/B000TCD51A/ref=pd_sim_d_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Z2AZXN95J4HZ1AQA02F

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Was vaping on the .5 OCC most of yesterday and it's great but the flavour was nowhere near the kayfun/taifun/droppers I've been using. I wicked the coil that came ready made in the RBA and the flavour is so much better! Has anyone had a similar experience? Airflow is slightly reduced but I don't mind that. Mouth to lung hits are easy too so it's a fairly diverse tank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Was vaping on the .5 OCC most of yesterday and it's great but the flavour was nowhere near the kayfun/taifun/droppers I've been using. I wicked the coil that came ready made in the RBA and the flavour is so much better! Has anyone had a similar experience? Airflow is slightly reduced but I don't mind that. Mouth to lung hits are easy too so it's a fairly diverse tank.

Yeah I find the stock coils a bit harsh whereas the rba gives a much more flavoursome and softer vape,great tank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Is there a newer version than the original mini , I got one from gearbest and the air holes are different from the one I already have .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Didn't know were to post this forgive me if I'm hi jacking a thread,I'm currently using an eleaf I stick mini and I'm looking to build my own coils,the ones I bought are kangertech 1.8 ohm,I'm just wondering does anyone know what gauge wire and wick would be suitable for this?

Didn't know were to post this forgive me if I'm hi jacking a thread,I'm currently using an eleaf I stick mini and I'm looking to build my own coils,the ones I bought are kangertech 1.8 ohm,I'm just wondering does anyone know what gauge wire and wick would be suitable for this?

What type of tank do you intend to put your coils into?
    An istick mini is only capable of 10 watts which isn't really enough power to light up the tanks that you can rebuild on.

Dr Bill wrote: »
    An istick mini is only capable of 10 watts which isn't really enough power to light up the tanks that you can rebuild on.

I think its a mini pro tank kinda new to this

Same as this but the the pipe inside the tank just runs straight from the top to the bottom :

They aren't suitable for rebuilding,buy the replacement coils,it'll be safer.
    If you have an interest in building your own coils then maybe check you tube for tutorials,some very good stuff there.
    You'll need a better battery also,maybe an istick 30w.

Yeah,this thread is for the Kanger Sub Ohm Tanks only,as you are here,the 2 videos below show you 2 different type of coils being made,but both come out around 1.7 & 1.8 coils.
    The first video uses 29 gauge with 11 wraps....1.8ohm & the second video uses 32 gauge with 5 wraps.....1.7ohm.Take your pick,the istick mini will work on these coils,me personally,I would need 11 or 12 watts to run a 1.8 to get a satisfying vape,as your mini only goes up to 10watts,it might be ok for you,as Dr.Bill has said,get yourself an istick 30w,you can't go wrong with a 30w istick,later on,you may decide to sub ohm & the istick 30w will do nicely for most of the coils you will use.
    Hope this helps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpdkE7bH-1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_K6yIxnFQ

Sh1te I broke my RBA for the mini, anyone know where I can purchase another one in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Sh1te I broke my RBA for the mini, anyone know where I can purchase another one in Dublin?

PM me your address and I'll send you one up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Anyone tried the Subtank Plus ?
    Got one the other day but haven't tried it yet, it's a bit of a beast at 7ml so I think it will be confined to office duty rather than out and about

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Love the plus. It is a beast alright. Prefer it to the mini though. Have it on the kbox. Looks good on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Filled mine up to try again today and 30min later i had a juice covered mod :( might try some replacement seals

My first .5 Subtank coil went up in smoke today,had it on a Mech,smoke came out of the AFC & the mod started to warm up,I knew it was a short before I opened it as I have had plenty of Mechs warm up like that before but never had smoke coming from it before,I've had batteries vent on me but not with actual smoke.
    Tried to screw out the coil but it collapsed before it came out all the way leaving the 510 pin in the base,the insulator was burned to fukc,so I reckon the insulator just gave up & the coil legs shorted it out & caused the melt down of the insulator which then caused the cotton to ignite.
    Changed out the coil & working great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Jeebus, I've never had that happen before, or battery venting for that matter.

Didihno wrote: »
    Jeebus, I've never had that happen before, or battery venting for that matter.

Has always happened with mech mods,no safety,something to be said about regulated mods.

Has always happened with mech mods,no safety,something to be said about regulated mods.

Never happened to me either thankfully but I love the clean simple workings of mech mods. They do require a bit more care as regards your batteries and coils but its worth it imo.

Never happened to me either thankfully but I love the clean simple workings of mech mods. They do require a bit more care as regards your batteries and coils but its worth it imo.

I agree,I have 4 favourite tube type ones that I use & not much of a voltage drop with them,I use a Kato clone with my Delta II & a couple of Slugs with drippers & the rest are all regulated.
    I still use the ole Kicks sometimes if I put a Nautilus or something similar on a mech,depends if I have spare liquid to use,I'd rather vape it than dump it.

• Advertisement

I'd rather vape it than dump it.

Thats a kinda mantra that i've been using about a particular juice, Cosmic Fog Nutz, at 19.50 a bottle I'm gonna stick with it till its gone, however putrid it tastes.

Advertisement