Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The 1.2 ohm coil, using one of the smaller air holes, should be grand for mouth to lung. I can do that with the Atlantis on the smallest hole, even with the 0.5ohm coil. I just prefer to use the largest air hole and direct lung blasts. I have the Nautilus for my regular vaiping. But it is possible yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

The subtank mini has a 'cyclops' air hole for the most open setting. This can also be adjusted to be smaller, it won't click in to place unless it's fully open, but it is useful cuz you can set the air flow as tight as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

So easy to do & will save you a packet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBtDLMQ-rs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

So, I got me one of these things yesterday.

Wow. It takes vaping to a whole new level.

So, I got me one of these things yesterday.

Wow. It takes vaping to a whole new level.

I know what you mean,it is so close to dripping & rebuilding the coils is a breeze,I would rather build a 0.5 subtank coil than a dripper now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone got a Subtank mini and a genuine Kayfun Lite Plus?

Im very interested in how they compare....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

Trond wrote:
    Anyone got a Subtank mini and a genuine Kayfun Lite Plus?

Trond wrote:
    Im very interested in how they compare....

Have both. Different beasts in some ways. Kayfun easy to build and very consistent. Subtank more fiddly to build (really section) but the stock coils are really very good although they eat juice by the litre!
    I also have a Delta II which in my opinion beats both the kayfun and subtank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Ionised wrote: »
    Have both. Different beasts in some ways. Kayfun easy to build and very consistent. Subtank more fiddly to build (really section) but the stock coils are really very good although they eat juice by the litre!
    I also have a Delta II which in my opinion beats both the kayfun and subtank.

Cheers for that, surprised to hear you rate it ahead of the genuine Kayfun.

I'm basically between the Delta 2 and the Lemo 2 (which is getting v positive reviews in the US and looks v nice)

https://www.eleafworld.co.uk/lemo-2-atomizer-tank-pre-order-now

Might see can I try out the Delta in the vape café as I see its listed on smokedifferent.ie

There was somebody looking for the Subtank Glass Tank...
    In stock here... http://www.vaporium.eu/tanks-clearomizers/543-kanger-subtank-replacement-glass-tank25mm.html

Trond wrote: »
    Cheers for that, surprised to hear you rate it ahead of the genuine Kayfun.

I'm basically between the Delta 2 and the Lemo 2 (which is getting v positive reviews in the US and looks v nice)

https://www.eleafworld.co.uk/lemo-2-atomizer-tank-pre-order-now

Might see can I try out the Delta in the vape café as I see its listed on smokedifferent.ie

ESI are now stocking the Arctic tank, which is meant to be better still.

It's like a sub ohm arms race at the moment.

• Advertisement

Sitting here in work, Delta II in my hand. Rba section with 1ohm coil blowing out pleasing clouds of Greedy Monkey, cup of coffee in hand.

Life is good!

I'm in Texas at the moment and nipped in to a local vaping store to check it out.

Texans, as you'd expect, seem to be going for the biggest vaping options possible. I sat there with my subtank and istick blowing large clouds, but felt somewhat "inadequate" as they sat there with their 100w homemade box mods and .2ohm drippers blowing clouds a coal fired power station would be proud of.

interestingly though, none of them gave the Atlantis the time of day, but all used the subtank when not using a dripper, it seems the silica that aspire use isn't well received.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's like a sub ohm arms race at the moment.

Good reason for that though. Mainly because they're selling like hot cakes atm, but they're also really good! A real step up from any tanks before. I have a Nautilus on side for thinner or just extra juices to my main ADV's, and after using the Atlantis, it just seems weak ... gurgly and not as pleasant to use overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Will be picking one up later hopefully,was going to go with the Delta II but lack of easy cleaning put me off

Stealthirl wrote:
    Will be picking one up later hopefully,was going to go with the Delta II but lack of easy cleaning put me off

Not sure what people go on about the Delta being hard to clean. Run under some warm water and shake out any drops left.
    Think maybe they mistake hard to clean with can't take apart.

Ionised wrote: »
    Not sure what people go on about the Delta being hard to clean. Run under some warm water and shake out any drops left.
    Think maybe they mistake hard to clean with can't take apart.

I agree with you there,I have 3 of them & just run them under the tap,only downside is the viewing window,no probs,I use a torch.

I agree with you there,I have 3 of them & just run them under the tap,only downside is the viewing window,no probs,I use a torch.

Pale liquids can be hard to see alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

looking around for a legit Kanger sub tank 6.0ml or 7.0ml (no clones)

does anyone know where can find the cheapest price with free delivery? not in a hurry so I don't mind slow shipping

kingtiger wrote: »
    looking around for a legit Kanger sub tank 6.0ml or 7.0ml (no clones)

does anyone know where can find the cheapest price with free delivery? not in a hurry so I don't mind slow shipping

You wont get 6 or 7ml in a subtank,any Irish store will keep authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I keep meaning to come back to this thread and spout out my opinion now that I have actually taken it out of the box and used it .

I started with the 1.2ohm stock coil at a few different wattage settings and found the whole thing too airy , too hot , too 'so what' , too 'I fell for this didn't I' . But after a day or two of messing around with it I got into the hang of lung hits and at 15watts it was around the right temp for me . I have now been using the same 1.2ohm coil for about 4 weeks ( for a few hours in the evening, not all day ) and I really enjoy it . I finally took out the 1.2 last night, gonna clean it up and maybe rewick it like has been suggested, and put in the .5ohm coil last night , started off with the 'so what' feeling but this morning it seems to have bedded in and the taste and performance seems to be quite good . I'll see how long this lasts and then move onto the RBA section and report back, for what it's worth .

Overall I think it is the perfect 'next stage' when moving from Nautilus mini .

• Advertisement

I couldn't get the fuss at first. Even at low watts it was just "too much" but now I have the hang of it, I love it. It has to be the right juice though, some juices just make me cough and wheeze.

I can't use the fully open air setting though, way too airy for me.

I find the Diablo juices "Falling Skies & 666 Park Avenue & Grimm" 6mg & fully open air on the Sub Mini is a perfect vape,also the Delta II & Atlantis,not forgetting the Melo as well.they seem to work great together.

I've tried the rba head on my sub tank, but keep getting dry hits.

Has anyone drilled out the holes and if so, how did you do it?

I have not tried the RBA yet,are you cutting the cotton before you put the chimney on or after.

I have not tried the RBA yet,are you cutting the cotton before you put the chimney on or after.

Before, but leaving enough to touch bottom comfortably, like with a kayfun. The well just doesn't seem to fill.

Before, but leaving enough to touch bottom comfortably, like with a kayfun. The well just doesn't seem to fill.

I did see a video where your man left the cotton uncut & fed it through the chimney & then cut the rabbit ears about 3 to 5 mm above the chimney,then push the cotton down onto the deck but pulling the cotton away from the juice wells.This worked for him,maybe there is damage on yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Are you leaving the juice well's on the inside clear of cotton, the juice has to flow freely.I had a couple of dry hits until i cleared those well's, now i often run 80-90 vg with no dry hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Try making wider coil rather than a macro coil, they seem to work better for me. I've built 1 ohm coil in mine at the moment with a diameter of 1cm, so quite a wide coil. Cause there's more cotton going through the coil, this will insure the the wick stays fully saturated with juice. Nice cool vape and never a dry hit off it.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you're using too much cotton and it's running through the coil too tightly and not allowing the e liquid into the centre of the coil. You want it so there's a bit of tension as you're wicking the coil but not so much as it's hard to pull it through the coil and as LazyPicti said make sure you push the cotton back against the deck as well, away from the juice holes, once you've saturated it with e liquid so there's a clear passage for the e liquid to get into the rba section. When you look down into the rba section, you should be able to see the juice holes, they should not be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

If your budget is tight you should think of mixing your own stuff, it's WAY cheaper and it is a lot better than most budget over the counter liquids, cost me max 40-60 cent per 10ml
    Must of missed this post,I have been using one for about a month now (0.5 coils) but it has been hard work for me,for a start,difficult to do mouth to lung on all settings of the air flow,so I tend to just do lung hits,reason I am finding it hard is because all my liquids are 24mg & that strength with lung hit is bluddy hard.
    This is why I haven't used the RBA on it,been trying to save money out of my disability pension so I can buy some 6mg juice & really give this subtank a good beefing,I now have juice on the way.
    I never tried the 1.2 coil because the .5 coil is still performing after a month & no need to swap them out.
    When I buy again,it will be a Delta II (just for a change) great reports again,I would say that there is no difference between the Subtank & Delta II.
    Sorry,not alot of info to be said at the moment.

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote: »
    If your budget is tight you should think of mixing your own stuff, it's WAY cheaper and it is a lot better than most budget over the counter liquids, cost me max 40-60 cent per 10ml

I would love to try a small diy batch sometime,as you said,a hell of alot cheaper for me,I just need to get my head around it & try & work out what I need to make a small amount.

Advertisement