Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I would love to try a small diy batch sometime,as you said,a hell of alot cheaper for me,I just need to get my head around it & try & work out what I need to make a small amount.

An easy start would be to get a 12mg 50/50 premix like this all you need then is just to ad flavour and more pg/vg to get to your desired level of pg/vg/nic ( you can get 100ml instead of 1L if you think it is to much to start with.
    There's plenty places to buy from but I just found these guy to be very reasonable on shipping charges and also quick and tracked delivery.

http://www.vapebase.de/Vape-Bases/VGPG-Vape-Bases/50/50-Vape-Bases/1-Liter-Vape-Base-50-50-VGPG-12mg-ml::24.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

JH_raheny wrote: »
    An easy start would be to get a 12mg 50/50 premix like this all you need then is just to ad flavour and more pg/vg to get to your desired level of pg/vg/nic ( you can get 100ml instead of 1L if you think it is to much to start with.
    There's plenty places to buy from but I just found these guy to be very reasonable on shipping charges and also quick and tracked delivery.

http://www.vapebase.de/Vape-Bases/VGPG-Vape-Bases/50/50-Vape-Bases/1-Liter-Vape-Base-50-50-VGPG-12mg-ml::24.html

I'll give it a go,I'll buy 500ml from those guys in your link,where would I get the other stuff that I need.

I've changed my mind,I'll go for the 1 Litre of premixed,works out cheaper.

They do both the pg and vg as well a flavours just click click the menu up on the left, their flavours are not the strongest but that really an opinion rather than an observation you might have a different opinion, if you get 1 of the 12mg 50/50 PG/VG and 1L of pg and vg each then you are off to a good start.
    I can send you a few links for other places that have a wide range of flavours as vapebase is somewhat limited but good for the basics and you will save on postage just ordering from just 1 place the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

JH_raheny wrote: »
    They do both the pg and vg as well a flavours just click click the menu up on the left, their flavours are not the strongest but that really an opinion rather than an observation you might have a different opinion, if you get 1 of the 12mg 50/50 PG/VG and 1L of pg and vg each then you are off to a good start.
    I can send you a few links for other places that have a wide range of flavours as vapebase is somewhat limited but good for the basics and you will save on postage just ordering from just 1 place the first time.

Have you ever vaped the 50/50 without any flavours added and if so whats it like ? I'm asking as I get a 50/50 6mg and it tastes ok , slightly sweet, but even with postage it would be cheaper from there .

I haven't vaped it plain but if you want try just drop me a PM with address and can post you a small bottle to try, you can get a sweetener as well if that's all your after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does anyone else's sub tank leak In to the base?

It doesn't seem to be the seals, just a saturated wick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

just got the Sub mini yesterday, a couple of vapes on the 1.2ohm coil and the harshness was incredible even on 6ml nic @ 15watts, I thought "feck why is this so highly rated?"

so a quick browse on the internet, I discovered not mouth to lung but straight to the lung, using this method there is no going back to my old tanks

I love the Sub tank

I'm not really getting the attraction of the sub ohm part, the 1.2 coil was great and lasted ages, the .5 , not so much and hasn't lasted as long .

I've got the rebuildable base working lovely.

So easy to do and so much better.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

jonski wrote: »
    I'm not really getting the attraction of the sub ohm part, the 1.2 coil was great and lasted ages, the .5 , not so much and hasn't lasted as long .

I'm finding the 0.5 coils lasting really well...and thats with a juice that would kill a kayfun coil in two days. Last two Kanger heads lasted 6 days each and really probably could have done at least another day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

This probably sounds like a waste of a subtank but I have 2 subtank Mini's,I have 1.6 coils in each of the rba's and run them at somewhere between 8 and 13 watts depending on the juice on the smallest air flow setting,perfect flavour and vape for me and better than any other tank that I've used so far.
    Found the 1.2 very harsh and couldn't master direct to lung hits without nearly choking myself but the versatility of the tank and the ease of rebuilds makes it my favourite above everything else at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Dr Bill wrote: »
    This probably sounds like a waste of a subtank but I have 2 subtank Mini's,I have 1.6 coils in each of the rba's and run them at somewhere between 8 and 13 watts depending on the juice on the smallest air flow setting,perfect flavour and vape for me and better than any other tank that I've used so far.
    Found the 1.2 very harsh and couldn't master direct to lung hits without nearly choking myself but the versatility of the tank and the ease of rebuilds makes it my favourite above everything else at the moment anyway.
    Certainly nt a waste
    I'll soon have 5 mini's. I haven't even touched the coil heads that came with the 3 I have. I used to use kayfun lites but always thought the airflow was lacking for me. The subtanks are the perfect replacement. I build at 1.5 and run at 16w on second air position. I know these tanks are built for .5 ohm and 21 gigawatts but I'm happy using them as a nice rta that doesn't dry hit or restrict my inhale to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I've taken mine out of service at the moment, liquid is seeping past the bottom o-ring.
    Might use the spare 'top' o-ring there instead.
    Anyone have similar issues?
    The bottom o-ring is much thinner and I don't see why they went with it.

Didihno wrote:
    I've taken mine out of service at the moment, liquid is seeping past the bottom o-ring. Might use the spare 'top' o-ring there instead. Anyone have similar issues? The bottom o-ring is much thinner and I don't see why they went with it.

No issues with either of mine and I give them a lot of use. If your vendor warranty is expired don't forget your PayPal warranty which is good for 180 days from purchase date,provided you used PayPal of course.

Dr Bill wrote: »
    No issues with either of mine and I give them a lot of use. If your vendor warranty is expired don't forget your PayPal warranty which is good for 180 days from purchase date,provided you used PayPal of course.
    Not sure I'd rma the tank because of one cr@ppy o-ring, which I feel is a design flaw rather than a failure.
    I'll try swapping it out first.
    Tank itself is pretty amazing, though I find the drip tip a bit wiggly, they could have done a better job on those o-rings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I've found these very useful for my rebuildables as o rings seem to be a weak point on them. Not all of them are useful but when they fit they're great because they're very thick and strong.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/mobile/product/o-rings-o-ring-kits/13168/6.0.0.15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Anyone know where I can get a glass tank? I've hardly used the bloody thing and already broken it, 2nd one broke when I was taking it off to clean it, they're very fragile.

How is everyone using the RBA, I find it just gives a horrible harsh flavour when I build it like the coil that comes with it. Has anyone gotten standard micro/macro coils to work or is everyone using Riptrippers method? Yes I'm keeping the edges of the wick away from the holes...

I've watched a lot of videos, tried it at least 5 times and every time is crap, very confused (and I've a lot of experience with rebuildables).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

rickyjb wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a glass tank? I've hardly used the bloody thing and already broken it, 2nd one broke when I was taking it off to clean it, they're very fragile.

How is everyone using the RBA, I find it just gives a horrible harsh flavour when I build it like the coil that comes with it. Has anyone gotten standard micro/macro coils to work or is everyone using Riptrippers method? Yes I'm keeping the edges of the wick away from the holes...

I've watched a lot of videos, tried it at least 5 times and every time is crap, very confused (and I've a lot of experience with rebuildables).

5 pack given your experience to date :-)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012061/2147801-authentic-kangertech-replacement-pyrex-glass-tank

They have them for the standard subtank as well

When your putting the cotton in, peel offla thin layer from either side so it isn't too compact. Then cut it on the long side after the outer ring is on.

Use a tooth pick to stuff the wick in to place, soak it and then use the tooth pick to make sure there is space around the two holes.

That's what worked for me.

Oh yeah, the drip tip is crap, it keeps falling off so I'm using one from an evod glass at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Love the subtank. Never use the nautilaus or kayfun now. The rba is difficult to build . Keep getting dry hits on long lung inhales. Rebuilding on the occ coils is much easier and really good . The stock coils last a long time too. Really pleased with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

My subtank leaks a little too. I warapped an elastic band around the base (where the glass meets the base).

Not ideal but i have read many reports about this issue.

Great little tank apart from that (got to love the huge 0-ring on the aspire range that never leaks)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    (got to love the huge 0-ring on the aspire range that never leaks)
    Yeah, never leaked a single drop.
    Its big and ugly (the o-ring), but it works flawlessly.

Any one know where I can buy replacement glass for the sub tank mini on any Irish site?

Thanks

kingtiger wrote: »
    Any one know where I can buy replacement glass for the sub tank mini on any Irish site?

Thanks

I don't know of any but I was just saying to my local vendor on Tuesday that given it was one of the best selling tanks for a while you would imagine that it would be easier to get spares . I suppose it's better for them if you buy the whole tank .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Only the 25mm glass tank at the moment,maybe they are coming....

http://www.vaporium.eu/tanks-clearomizers/543-kanger-subtank-replacement-glass-tank25mm.html

I just rebuilt the rba section and I kept getting the atomiser short message on my istick.

I spent ages fiddling with the coil etc but it turned out to be the tail not being cut close enough to the screw. There is very little clearance once the case is put on, so if the wire is not cut nice and close to the posts, it touches the outer wall and causes a short.

I thought this might help someone

I just rebuilt the rba section and I kept getting the atomiser short message on my istick.

I spent ages fiddling with the coil etc but it turned out to be the tail not being cut close enough to the screw. There is very little clearance once the case is put on, so if the wire is not cut nice and close to the posts, it touches the outer wall and causes a short.

I thought this might help someone

I wrap the wire round the screw so it points in towards the coil and then snip. started doing this after i had the same issue as yourself. It also means you can screw down a lot tighter.

kingtiger wrote: »

Thanks

Fasttech
    https://www.fasttech.com/search?subtank%20mini%20glass%20tank

Allan45121 wrote: »

thanks but looking for an Irish site

• Advertisement

Nail clippers gives a nice tight cut.

Advertisement