Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

They need to fix this Shadowshot bug already. Pain in the hole not having quiver as an option for the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Had a crack at kings fall last night with five of the lads, got as far as the two sisters.

Just wanna say a big shout out to johnny, he was like the qui gon to my obi wan in episode one or the Denzel to my Ethan hawke in training day :pac:

And to the rest of the lads... Except whoever promised me tasty treats but instead I was killed and spawned below... I will have my vengeance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Raid #2 last night.

My 'lucky' hunter got a weaker shotgun than he had before, weaker gloves and weaker gloves.

And the game cleared me out of moldering shards too.

But cheers to Mick and Manad for the help with the Sunless Cell strike. Dark Drinker is now mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Really nice stats from Reddit about the classes in IB and the most common loadouts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3pn303/with_iron_banner_now_over_are_you_curious_which/

Defenders have a really high win rate !!

Presume the reason for this is that any Titan taking in Defender knows what they're doing and putting bubbles onto points with wild abandon, which will really help the team.
    I go in and I want firey hammers to kill you with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Thanks for the raid last night guys. All went straight forward enough, I was having huge difficulty woth ads after detonating the bombs for aome reason and a few silly wipes caused by myself on Oryx (need to learn the difference between clockwise and anti-clockwise!!). Two pairs of boots, the fusion and rocket launcher were my rewards. That stupid ghost continues to elude me. Stuck with a 275 dread explorer. I was watching higher blue ghosts drop all last week in IB, I'm just unlucky with rng on that one. Can someone point me to info on cheesing through act 2 please? I didn't realise this was a thing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,861 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Presume the reason for this is that any Titan taking in Defender knows what they're doing and putting bubbles onto points with wild abandon, which will really help the team.

I will then suppress you with my grenade and scheme while you punch air instead of throwing a firey hammer of death :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So how geared up is everyone for Hard Mode tomorrow?

Bungie said it'll be 300-320 for the Raid, so I'm guessing 300 for the Warpriest, 310 for Golg and the Sisters and 320 for Oryx

I managed to get my Titan to 308 and my Warlock to 307

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have 2 characters at 307 and one at 308. Oryx will hardly be 320 will he? He's only 300 in normal mode and max possible level is 310, so would have thought 310 would be more likely.

When's the weekly bulletin usually out? They'll likely announce recommended light then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Titan sitting pretty at 302. Have a 270 ghost that is holding him back. I'll be running normal until I nab a 300ish ghost and that will only push me to 305 with current gear. I could also do with a better and higher heavy that would move him up another level or two.

Being the long weekend coming I'd hope to get 3 normal runs behind me so the possibility of decent drops are good.

Think positive and screw you RNG.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Haven't raided much so my LLs are mostly down to grinding Titan 306 and the other two at 301. I'll be steering clear of HM for a while.
    Doesn't anyone remember one hit kill hobgoblins? I'm pretty sure I could get my Titan up two levels but it would mean thrashing some 310 exotics, which I'm not going to do.

Be interesting to see how they implement it. If they put in no respawn some of the sections will be more or less a wipe if anyone goes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »

It'll be hammers until the end of Jolly Holiday for me. Haven't been working on it lately but it's sitting there at 77% so one or two monster games required. I'll be looking for a fireteam over the weekend to put an end to this.

Defenders awesome if you have a full fireteam but other than that I'd pick hammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No respawns pretty much guaranteed IMO. My guys are only 303,303,305 so will be tough enough, was hoping to have Trials runs in first to boost them a few levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have 2 characters at 307 and one at 308. Oryx will hardly be 320 will he? He's only 300 in normal mode and max possible level is 310, so would have thought 310 would be more likely.

When's the weekly bulletin usually out? They'll likely announce recommended light then.

It was announced in the patch notes of latest update. Recommended level is 310

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---10202015/en/News/News?aid=13775

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »
    So how geared up is everyone for Hard Mode tomorrow?

Bungie said it'll be 300-320 for the Raid, so I'm guessing 300 for the Warpriest, 310 for Golg and the Sisters and 320 for Oryx

I managed to get my Titan to 308 and my Warlock to 307

With a bit of weapons juggling and a cheeky ghost swap all three are between 300 & 309.

It all depends on the changes hard mode brings but I reckon that should be enough to get past the Warpriest and hopefully get a drop and push on from there.

Assuming revives are again disabled as in the last two hardmode raids will a death automatically lead to a wipe?

Can see Sunsingers being a big help here again but overall what are the chances of a team surviving the Warpriest or Sisters with only 5?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    With a bit of weapons juggling and a cheeky ghost swap all three are between 300 & 309.

It all depends on the changes hard mode brings but I reckon that should be enough to get past the Warpriest and hopefully get a drop and push on from there.

Assuming revives are again disabled as in the last two hardmode raids will a death automatically lead to a wipe?

Can see Sunsingers being a big help here again but overall what are the chances of a team surviving the Warpriest or Sisters with only 5?

If you leave the 4th platform empty the sister are very doable with 5, though with it being hard mode DPS will be more of an issue now probably.

How kind of you to actually equip your good weapons in this instance, the unlevelled Hacksaw and Hereafter and Blue ghost are not gonna help :pac:

I would say you could take 1 death per part, 2 would want to be a really hero effort on behalf of the other 4 guys left alive.

Well given the Normal Mode is "Recommend 280 light" but scales up to 300 on Oryx, I can see the Hard Mode scaling up to 320 given that the drops will allow you to edge beyond 310 and closer to 315-320.

I would say hitting 320 will be techincally impossible though if they don't introduce 320 Artifacts (maybe hard mode will have a Raid Artifact)

Warpriest 310
    Golg and Sisters 315 maybe?
    Oryx himself 320

Which leads me to the next question....
    Who on PS4 would be up for a Hard Mode run at 7pm on Friday?
    If we can get 6 players with 300+ light and a decent bit of experience we should be able to take a decent stab at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Well given the Normal Mode is "Recommend 280 light" but scales up to 300 on Oryx, I can see the Hard Mode scaling up to 320 given that the drops will allow you to edge beyond 310 and closer to 315-320.

I would say hitting 320 will be techincally impossible though if they don't introduce 320 Artifacts (maybe hard mode will have a Raid Artifact)

Warpriest 310
    Golg and Sisters 315 maybe?
    Oryx himself 320

The drops will allow us to scale up will they? Will they ****!

I've run the raid 10 times (across three characters) now without getting better gear than dropped for me on the first couple of attempts.

I've had more 310 gear drop through ToCs used in vanguard strikes than from raid gear.

If you leave the 4th platform empty the sister are very doable with 5, though with it being hard mode DPS will be more of an issue now probably.

DPS and clearing ads will be key alright and will become easier over time as we increase in light.
    A balance of Armour and Recovery builds over Agility. Raid armour when runnignthe spark will be a bonus.
    The first few runs will be challenging.
    How kind of you to actually equip your good weapons in this instance, the unlevelled Hacksaw and Hereafter and Blue ghost are not gonna help :pac:

But is was 99 cents yo!!

The 304 hacksaw was woefully underpowered in fairness, totally outclassed by a 297 Not Like the Others. That Scout rifle with explosive rounds is the business, lots of fun and very effective with mobs.
    If we can get 6 players with 300+ light and a decent bit of experience we should be able to take a decent stab at it

I'm up for it anyway. Whats the worst that can happen :D

• Advertisement

It's called Hawksaw >_<:pac:

It's called Hawksaw >_<:pac:

Cormac reckons I would have been better off climbing up and attacking Golgoroth's drippy balls with an actual hacksaw :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll be sticking to normal for the next few weeks, unless the drops are savage and entice me in. Really need to concentrate on mechanics and feeling comfortable on all stages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Whats my plan after hitting 40 here?

At the moment I'm essentially following this as a guide:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/22/9370757/destiny-the-taken-king-best-gear-guide

Seems sensible enough, progression wise.

I'm on PS4 and i'll join the clan later, reckon I'm a decent bit out from raids anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

7pm works for me fine.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Whats my plan after hitting 40 here?

At the moment I'm essentially following this as a guide:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/22/9370757/destiny-the-taken-king-best-gear-guide

Seems sensible enough, progression wise.

I'm on PS4 and i'll join the clan later, reckon I'm a decent bit out from raids anywho.

That is a fairly decent and comprehensive guide, well worth a read if you are close to hitting level 40 or wondering what to do after reaching it.

If you're looking to join the PS4 clan, boards clan 2 is the one you want. Details in my signature or in the very first post in this thread.

We've had a number of new players join the clan recently so now is as good a time to join as any. There is a good chance that someone in the clan is looking to do the same quest or activity as yourself, whether on their primary or alternate character, which is a big help - especially for some of the trickier missions without matchmaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

That is a fairly decent and comprehensive guide, well worth a read if you are close to hitting level 40 or wondering what to do after reaching it.

If you're looking to join the PS4 clan, boards clan 2 is the one you want. Details in my signature or in the very first post in this thread.

We've had a number of new players join the clan recently so now is as good a time to join as any. There is a good chance that someone in the clan is looking to do the same quest or activity as yourself, whether on their primary or alternate character, which is a big help - especially for some of the trickier missions without matchmaking.

I joined the clan there during the week. I've no headset working currently. Does that sort of make a bollix of it?

I'm friends with a few on here that i added through the SEN username thread in the playstation section. What's the etiquette behind joining a fireteam? I don't want to be barging in on other peoples teams, even though they may be a person or two down.

'Mr Mister' is my SEN, i'm around level 241 now, going to grind my way up. I still haven't done any raids yet. It seems like you need a headset for those to work out.

I joined the clan there during the week. I've no headset working currently. Does that sort of make a bollix of it?

I'm friends with a few on here that i added through the SEN username thread in the playstation section. What's the etiquette behind joining a fireteam? I don't want to be barging in on other peoples teams, even though they may be a person or two down.

'Mr Mister' is my SEN, i'm around level 241 now, going to grind my way up. I still haven't done any raids yet. It seems like you need a headset for those to work out.

Looks like you're in the Group but have not set Clan 2 as active "Set As PS Clan" up top.

See someone doing missions/patrols/strikes/pvp and there's spaces? Jump In! - You might get kicked occasionally but that might be if someone is doing something specific (maybe farming a certain enemy type to kill and not actually wanting to complete the mission - for example I farm all my Gunsmith kills and bounties on the "We've Woken the Hive checkpoint)

If people are doing Raids, chances are they don't want randoms coming in uninvited.

Best bet is to join the community and post on the wall if you're looking to set up or do a new activity.

Generally joining in progress is fine, in fact i encourage it, I'll solo the Daily mission and whoever jumps in can grab some free Marks. Raid are the exception usually

Also, doing a Raid without a mic is possible as long as the other 5 have experience and are communicating.... but honestly.... if i'm going to be totally blunt here, you're usually dead weight (and will just be dumped on the roll of least responsibility like "Kill Adds"), like we can tell you what to do, which is helpful, but 10 times out of 10 if I can get a player with a Mic (from the 150 or so PS4 clan players) I will pick them over someone who never mics up (which is different to going "Off mic" occasionally, which I would do for the Oracles etc cause EVERYONE knows what I do in the oracles at this rate so i don't need to do any call outs etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Got a 170 Stormcaller, looking for a heavy carry through HM Kings Fall.

• Advertisement

Got a 170 Stormcaller, looking for a heavy carry through HM Kings Fall.

Finish unlocking your double jump and we'll talk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement