Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options
  • 27-01-2015 11:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Last thread got to 10,000 points.

You can continue talking about the best places to grind for Light Points here.

How to Join the Boards.ie Destiny Clan(s)

Boards.ie Destiny Clan is for players 16 years old and up (not a decision made lightly)

X-Box 1: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    PS4: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/658545

There is a 2nd clan due to the 1st clan hitting the 100 Playstation Players Max

Step 1:
    Go to the relevant clan and join the group (this does not require approval and happens instantly)

Step 2:
    Go to the “Groups” section again and click on the group you have just joined and click "Set as PS Clan" or “Set as X-Box Clan", this will then be approved by an Admin.
    Once that is done you will notice your Emblem/Banner in-game will have the relevant Clan Tag (1 or 2).

Step 3:
    PS4 Players Only:
    At this point message GenericDreadHead on PSN saying you’re awaiting approval to the clan and he will add you to the PS4 chat room (large PSN messaging groups for scheduling raids/strikes/pvp etc)
    X-Box One Players:
    Please post within this thread with your Gamer Tag and Guardian level and say what you’re interested in playing.
    Several of the other X-Box players will add to their friends list and it usually snowballs from there.
    Alternatively You can find a full list of your clan mates Gamer Tags in the clan by navigating to the "X-Box Clan" (it will only show 10 members per page btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

That weekly/nightfall seems to be every other week at this stage.

One of the lads I was playing through it with earlier sumed it up by saying something along the lines of it's a good nightfall but it's on so often I'm starting hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just starting the Nightfall now if anyone wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Destiny 2 will probably be a good game.

Kirby wrote: »
    Destiny 2 will probably be a good game.

Going to take a positive spin on that post.

No doubt. It will have the groundwork done on this first game and can concentrate on improvements. Plus hopefully it won't be a cross-gen game. The gun play is already perfection.

But looking forward to more DLC before thinking about Destiny 2.

Well as you say the groundwork is done so they can concentrate on making sure there is enough content there.

The engine is a good achievement in my opinion but they failed at world building. It doesn't feel like a Universe. It feels like a bunch of levels stuck together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Titan Masterrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

We've had the Omnigul strike for weeklys a good few times now, but why aren't Bungie using the Undying mind strike for weeklys? I wasnt even aware of its existence until last week when I just casually noticed it on the map, unplayed.

Totted up my hours spent on this game, 249 hours split between my three characters and still more DLC to come.

What am I doing with myself? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We've had the Omnigul strike for weeklys a good few times now, but why aren't Bungie using the Undying mind strike for weeklys? I wasnt even aware of its existence until last week when I just casually noticed it on the map, unplayed.

Totted up my hours spent on this game, 249 hours split between my three characters and still more DLC to come.

What am I doing with myself? :(

It can't be a weekly or nightfall because its a PlayStation exclusive. Same as Dust Palace.

That exclusivity nonsense needs to end.

You just reminded me that I haven't played that strike either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Would be great if Destiny increased vault slots...or player-player trading

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would be great if Destiny increased vault slots...or player-player trading

Player - Player trading is NEVER gonna happen! Vault increasing might be a possibility all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Player - Player trading is NEVER gonna happen! Vault increasing might be a possibility all the same.

mhm, I suppose. Definitely want the vault increase though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

You just reminded me that I haven't played that strike either.

Its not great. A rehashed area, swarms of Vex without any kind of interesting pattern or layout, and then a rehashed boss in a different color. Very lazy strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Nightfall was surprisingly easy. 2 x Abyss Defiants made short work of everything. A Hunger of Crota / Ghallehorn combo for Omnigol and that was it. Awful rewards though. From eight drops we had: two energies, 1 coins, ruin wings (which we already had) and the rest legendary guns. Best of which was a second Chance for me and only 'cos it has better perks (return to sender and last shot).

Used the Black Hammer on the earth strike last night. Haven't even put any radiants into it but now understand why it's called a boss killer.

Really need more space in the vault urgently. It's taking ages to swap between characters. Friend deleted the Truth and his Monte Carlo to make room yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Since somebody posted about the Blessing of the Gift emblem last week, I decided I would try it out. Since I've gotten the universal remote, vex and Ghorn (along with crota's fusion and scout rifle). Probably nothing, but I'm not changing it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Thanks Gtroni and the rest of the group for putting up with my tag along last night on CE got some nice armor (Unyielding Casque and Tireless Striders) + the Abyss Defiant and a nice amount of shards and energy. It was good craic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Its not great. A rehashed area, swarms of Vex without any kind of interesting pattern or layout, and then a rehashed boss in a different color. Very lazy strike.

The Undying Mind is probably my favourite strike at the moment. Chaining supers with two others up the staircase and at the boss is immensely satisfying

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I love undying mind too. Love fighting up the stair case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2nd thread Eh?

Challenge Accepted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

While I enjoy Destiny, and it's really been the forefront of my co-op multiplayer experience, I still wish there was some form of story to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I love undying mind too. Love fighting up the stair case.

I have to agree, that staircase section is brilliant. Snipers up high, Praetorians storming down the stairs, and the Hydra bombing you? And having to man the two side steps at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Spazdarn wrote: »
    While I enjoy Destiny, and it's really been the forefront of my co-op multiplayer experience, I still wish there was some form of story to it....

A fan comic on penny arcade based on Destiny. Bungie should hire whoever did this cos they have crammed more character into a one page comic than Bungie managed in a full game.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/12/12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

quad_red wrote: »
    A fan comic on penny arcade based on Destiny. Bungie should hire whoever did this cos they have crammed more character into a one page comic than Bungie managed in a full game.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/12/12

I taught it was Gabe and Tycho who did that.

Its pretty funny, that in the one page, they managed to put in more story, then the entirety of the game. Bungie really dropped the ball on the story, and imho the criticism is well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I like that boom boom pow that **** be jacking my style!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It can't be a weekly or nightfall because its a PlayStation exclusive. Same as Dust Palace.

Dust Palace would be a great Nightfall imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Where's my manners,

Hello new thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Found this subreddit that may be of use to some people, its for starting and learning the raids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Dust Palace would be a great Nightfall imo.

Genuinely don't know how you'd kill the final bosses. Three of you camp at the top left, defending stairs from maurauding mobs, while trying to take out the armoured psions with launchers/snipers all the while avoiding the ever spawning ship that can one hit kill you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement