Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Its not that hard to get the ghosts solo I did it two weeks ago. If you do manage to pick the three of them up today the next stage of the quest isn't available straight away you'll have to wait a few days/weeks.

What light level are you ?

yeah, seen that on reddit that its another timed quest like the way sleeper simulant was. I'm at 297, but its the jumps that are killing me, I fall off everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

syboit wrote: »
    yeah, seen that on reddit that its another timed quest like the way sleeper simulant was. I'm at 297, but its the jumps that are killing me, I fall off everywhere :D

Man Just seeing this, I just finished this on Xbox, if I would have known I would have invited you to open the chest.

Like emmet said is not that hard once you know where to place yourself! But I do agree it could get tricky if you dont know where you are going... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭eggy81

Solod to the 3rd ghost without dying. Then fell at the jumping puzzle to get through the porthole and rage quit. I won't have the quest next time sure I won't ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Annoyed at myself now. Got the cult shell the last time the mission came up but held off turning it in, just in case it would be needed for a quest later on. Hope the mission unlocks tomorrow versus having to wait til next week or the next time that mission is the Daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So did the raid last night ... good quick run and went in with about 26 moldering shards. Great!
    Popped a few three of coins as well - Super!

Got a 300 shotgun (have 310 already) and two pairs of low light boots.
    And a blue engram.

All I want/need are arms, a helmet with over 302 defence and/or a primary over 305. That'd get me to 308.

But no ... the game continues to be a prick.

F*** you dolphin!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished Oryx yesterday. Largely a passenger for the Sisters and Oryx. Got two scout rifles, chestpiece, an upgrade on the Fusion and all the bits you get for doing it for the first time.

Got a checkpoint for the first jumpy bit (which I wanted more than any drop), so that's me falling to my death over and over again for the rest of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

What type of headphones would you guys suggest? Something cheap preferably, under a hundred squid.

The Playstation Gold ones seem to get good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What type of headphones would you guys suggest? Something cheap preferably, under a hundred squid.

The official playstation headset is absolutely brilliant, and I got it for 85 quid. Can't recommend it high enough....

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/audio/gold-wireless-stereo-headset/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You'd probably be best asking in the PlayStation mega thread. Much bigger sample size there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The official playstation headset is absolutely brilliant, and I got it for 85 quid. Can't recommend it high enough....

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/audio/gold-wireless-stereo-headset/

I'd second that. Really impressed with the quality of the sound and build of the headphones themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So did the raid last night ... good quick run and went in with about 26 moldering shards. Great!

And a blue engram.

All I want/need are arms, a helmet with over 302 defence and/or a primary over 305. That'd get me to 308.

F*** you dolphin!!!

We ran another one after that fairly quickly, my Titan got much better drops than the first run with the hunter. 308 helmet, 310 mark and another 310 exotic from the chest. I bet your lucky ass hunter will have similar joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Run a quick Hard Mode VoG they said, be grand they said.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

And a blue engram.

F*** you dolphin!!!

.... no comments

I ran the raid 3 times and got a 300 shotgun and a 300 ghost (already have both on a much higher level), thats it, last run didnt even drop me extra stuff despite having more than 20 moldering shards... when I finished I still had the same amount of moldering shards so it must have glitched at some point, same thing happened on Xbox. Doesnt bother me too much as hard raid is on this friday but pretty disappointing! At least it didnt give me another assault rifle.. that would have been my 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No Trials this week apparently, becoming a joke at this point with all of the content restricting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We ran another one after that fairly quickly, my Titan got much better drops than the first run with the hunter. 308 helmet, 310 mark and another 310 exotic from the chest. I bet your lucky ass hunter will have similar joy.

I hate that Hunter.

AdamD wrote: »
    No Trials this week apparently, becoming a joke at this point with all of the content restricting.

How is it a joke ? There is absolutely no point releasing the most competitive PvP mode when the Shadowshot glitch was active.

Yes I know its not working anymore but Bungie have disabled Quiver which is the most useful PvP perk on the super making the super much weaker by doing so.

If they had of released TOO last week you'd have have so many people exploiting the glitch the mode would have been unplayable. If they released it this week people would complain their Shadowshot is useless because Quiver is removed. And by delaying this week as well Bungie will get greif because they delayed again.

They can't win in fairness so I'd say cut them some slack as they are trying to do the right thing and be fair to all the community.

Besides there's still a lot to get done with Hard mode being released this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I really hope I get something to get me over 300 in the raid this week, feels like I'm spinning my wheels in strikes etc as nothing of any higher level is dropping due to the way the loot works.

Looking back on the Iron Banner, it would have made a lot more sense if the gear there was all over 300, it'd at least give people a different angle to come at to raise their light level.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How is it a joke ? There is absolutely no point releasing the most competitive PvP mode when the Shadowshot glitch was active.

Yes I know its not working anymore but Bungie have disabled Quiver which is the most useful PvP perk on the super making the super much weaker by doing so.

If they had of released TOO last week you'd have have so many people exploiting the glitch the mode would have been unplayable. If they released it this week people would complain their Shadowshot is useless because Quiver is removed. And by delaying this week as well Bungie will get greif because they delayed again.

They can't win in fairness so I'd say cut them some slack as they are trying to do the right thing and be fair to all the community.

Besides there's still a lot to get done with Hard mode being released this weekend :)

Quiver is actually rubbish for PvP (and PvE) without the glitch, it's just an inferior version of golden gun. Blackhole is the one you want if you run nightstalker. I don't think many folks would choose to fun shadowshot glitch over a sunbreaker anyway if the choice was available, got my Titan to rank 5 monday night and it was like Iron Banner had changed to easy mode all of a sudden, I dread seeing teams of three titans when trials rolls around.

I think the main reason Trials is delayed again is because they don't want it clashing with hard mode raid anyway, which is fair enough tbh.

I really hope I get something to get me over 300 in the raid this week, feels like I'm spinning my wheels in strikes etc as nothing of any higher level is dropping due to the way the loot works.

Looking back on the Iron Banner, it would have made a lot more sense if the gear there was all over 300, it'd at least give people a different angle to come at to raise their light level.

No I don't think so, its to easy to get to rank 5 in IB. Yes make it between 290 and 300 rather than 280 then make the TOO gear between 300 and 310, as its more difficult to do well in TOO.

Your probably wasting your time doing strikes as most of the items will drop around your light level. There's good gear dropping from nightfalls now so might be worth a blast.

Have you not been Raiding ? If you don't have time I don't mind helping out for one section whenever you get a few minutes and we can complete it over a couple of days that way.

Quiver is actually rubbish for PvP (and PvE) without the glitch, it's just an inferior version of golden gun. Blackhole is the one you want if you run nightstalker. I don't think many folks would choose to fun shadowshot glitch over a sunbreaker anyway if the choice was available, got my Titan to rank 5 monday night and it was like Iron Banner had changed to easy mode all of a sudden, I dread seeing teams of three titans when trials rolls around.

I think the main reason Trials is delayed again is because they don't want it clashing with hard mode raid anyway, which is fair enough tbh.

I seemed to get killed a lot more by Quiver before the glitch appeared (could see in the kill can other arrows been fired)

I think I'll use Nightstalker in TOO as my main because of the enhanced Radar as thats great in PvP and the poision melee. For making people back off/take that extra sliver of health to get a quicker kill.

I'll get much more use out of the much improved radar for a whole match rather than a super which will only be available once per game.

• Advertisement

No I don't think so, its to easy to get to rank 5 in IB. Yes make it between 290 and 300 rather than 280 then make the TOO gear between 300 and 310, as its more difficult to do well in TOO.

Your probably wasting your time doing strikes as most of the items will drop around your light level. There's good gear dropping from nightfalls now so might be worth a blast.

Have you not been Raiding ? If you don't have time I don't mind helping out for one section whenever you get a few minutes and we can complete it over a couple of days that way.

I've been as far as the daughters on my first run, and had a completed run the second time, got at 290 thunderlord from the nightfall last night - Vialli got 305 legendary boots though.

Sound for the offer, I'll hopefully get a full run tonight now and it'll get me over the line, I just don't have the free time to get as much of it in as I'd like. I have the raid pulse rifle, sniper, cloak, helmet and ghost, and my light is hovering at 297 for the last fortnight, the chest armour and boots would see me nicely sorted though.

I seemed to get killed a lot more by Quiver before the glitch appeared (could see in the kill can other arrows been fired)

I think I'll use Nightstalker in TOO as my main because of the enhanced Radar as thats great in PvP and the poision melee. For making people back off/take that extra sliver of health to get a quicker kill.

I'll get much more use out of the much improved radar for a whole match rather than a super which will only be available once per game.

Yeah, if they're using shadowshot as an offensive super they're doing it wrong imo, I think it's much more useful as an ace in the hole to pull someone out of their super.

Keen scout is amazing though, lots of people haven't figured out they should stay in cover when "Hunted" is flashing on their screen yet :)

The hardest decision is whether to use Graviton Forfeit so you have shadestep or use Sealed Amkhara Grasps for double poison smoke.
    I've been as far as the daughters on my first run, and had a completed run the second time, got at 290 thunderlord from the nightfall last night - Vialli got 305 legendary boots though.

Sound for the offer, I'll hopefully get a full run tonight now and it'll get me over the line, I just don't have the free time to get as much of it in as I'd like. I have the raid pulse rifle, sniper, cloak, helmet and ghost, and my light is hovering at 297 for the last fortnight, the chest armour and boots would see me nicely sorted though.

Vialli got 305 boots from the Nightfall?

I reckon the nightstalker super is deliberately poor by design, the keen scout perk is great for catching guys who are popping in and out of cover and the smoke bombs with envenomed are a lot more forgiving than throwing knives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quiver isn't the most useful and there's still 2 classes to work with if you think there is. The glitch is Bungie's issue also. HM isn't an excuse either, PvP players just getting dicked over again. People bought HoW after seeing the unveiling of Trials, removing it for such a long period is a joke.

Btw the glitch is probably less useful than just choosing a Sunbreaker to start with.

Are you missing the 310 artifact ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'll be on from about 10 again tonight and still need to run the raid if you need another body.

Yeah, if they're using shadowshot as an offensive super they're doing it wrong imo, I think it's much more useful as an ace in the hole to pull someone out of their super.

Keen scout is amazing though, lots of people haven't figured out they should stay in cover when "Hunted" is flashing on their screen yet :)

The hardest decision is whether to use Graviton Forfeit so you have shadestep or use Sealed Amkhara Grasps for double poison smoke.

Yea I don't have that helmet but will use Crest of Alpha Luphi or The Sealed Grasps.

I think once Trials settles down we will see lots of Nightstalkers in there. Itll be handy to have one on every team just to act as a spotter.

Yea saw on Reddit last night that a few people even got 310 Vanguard ghost from it.

yup, legendary boots - Im sure they were 305, I've checked detiny tracker but he has a set of 307s equipped

Are you missing the 310 artifact ?

Is that from the road to kings fall quest? I've just unlocked the step that asks me to kill each of the raid bosses.

• Advertisement

Nice, I wonder can engrams decrypt at 300+ now too or is it only nightfall rewards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement