Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Quiver isn't the most useful and there's still 2 classes to work with if you think there is. The glitch is Bungie's issue also. HM isn't an excuse either, PvP players just getting dicked over again. People bought HoW after seeing the unveiling of Trials, removing it for such a long period is a joke.

Btw the glitch is probably less useful than just choosing a Sunbreaker to start with.

I'm saying that for Trials, a much slower tactical game mode a Nightstalker will be very strong. You have very good zone control with the grenades and smoke and your super but the best part for such a mode will be the enhanced tracker.

I don't know how often I was killed before TTK by someone walking right up behind me because on the Radar it looked like they were much further away :)

I'd take that extra awareness for a whole match over a super for one round all day.

Your BTW is a moot point anyway because the glitch should never be there and shouldn't be reason to pick a class.

Yes Sunbreaker is strong but that will be nerfed as well. I main a Titan but have found myself going back to Defender 90% of the time in PvE and Sunbreaker in PvP (I don't use those sunspots for the over shield) but I'm having a lot of fun shotgun meleeing with the Chaperone at the minute :) (love the whip crack sound) I average between 2-3 kills per super.

Is that from the road to kings fall quest? I've just unlocked the step that asks me to kill each of the raid bosses.

Yea think that's the one but Mick will know for definite.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yes Sunbreaker is strong but that will be nerfed as well. I main a Titan but have found myself going back to Defender 90% of the time in PvE and Sunbreaker in PvP (I don't use those sunspots for the over shield) but I'm having a lot of fun shotgun meleeing with the Chaperone at the minute :) (love the whip crack sound)

Have you tried the defender/suppressor grenades/no back up plans/shotty combo yet? Saw a video of someone using it to great effect on reddit yesterday.
    Yea think that's the one but Mick will know for definite.

Pretty sure it is, you get it at the end of the taken war questline after you kill the Echo of Oryx on Phobos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »

Pretty sure it is, you get it at the end of the taken war questline after you kill the Echo of Oryx on Phobos.

Yup, did the echo of Oryx on sunday and did the following quest for Eris as well (the ogre that rose out of the pool on the dreadnaught), it was available after that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yup, did the echo of Oryx on sunday and did the following quest for Eris as well (the ogre that rose out of the pool on the dreadnaught), it was available after that.

Yeah, so next time you finish the raid Eris will have a 310 artefact for you. You can bypass 90% of that quest on your alt characters too.

• Advertisement

Have you tried the defender/suppressor grenades/no back up plans/shotty combo yet? Saw a video of someone using it to great effect on reddit yesterday.

Is that the video of him playing Mayhem ? Its brilliant :D

I loved the way he managed to bounce evey grenade right up into their jump !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nice, I wonder can engrams decrypt at 300+ now too or is it only nightfall rewards.

I picked up a legendary engram from the floor of the Raid yesterday and it decrypted into a 310 exotic - Immolation Fists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Chimp return memes aside, where were you last night??? :)

Yeah that's the one, when he popped his bubble inside the other titan's bubble was also pretty funny too.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I picked up a legendary engram from the floor of the Raid yesterday and it decrypted into a 310 exotic - Immolation Fists.

That was already possible before the patch on the off chance it decrypted to an exotic, what I'm wondering is can the legendary gear decrypt to 300+.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I need to complete that quest myself if anyone fancies giving me a hand?

Thanks to the lads last night, completely my first nightfall and the VoG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »

57397295.jpg60460146.jpgWhere-Were-You-Last-Night-125.png

I actually got 310 No Back Up Plans from an engram from a Three of Coins the other day.

Still have only had a Last Word drop for me without using a TOC or doing a quest for a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I feel like I have to apologise for my instructions during the Atheon fight, "if you get transported inside, shoot the lights in the sky. If you stay outside, jump on the thing and shoot the flying things then jump in the thing and shoot the big thing." seemed to work well though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Nightfall is handy enough this week.

Breezed through it last night with Mick and Itchy. They've totally fixed the NF drops though ... I mean, totally. I feel happy with my 290 light ghost, even if it is lower light than my 310 ghost.

Totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Mickeroo wrote:
    Vialli got 305 boots from the Nightfall?

I did. A 307 in fact. A Crucible leg piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can someone on PS4 please give me access to the following missions later, and then help me quickly clear those missions (non-heroic versions of course)?

Kings of Decay
    Entropys Pinnacle
    Fears Embrace
    Summoners Circle

This should jump me right to the end of the Taken War with my Titan and give me that much needed 310 artifact (mines currently 295).

If anyone else has a character on Act 2, maybe they would be able to join to help 3 man it meaning another person can skip the busy work listed below (meaning we only need to do 1/3 of the Act 2 stuff, yet still get those delicious rewards):

- Mission: Blighted Coven
    - Kill 3 Specific Taken Commanders on Earth
    - Mission: Paradox
    - Gather Taken Chronoshards in Patrol on Venus
    - Mission: Tenebrous Tunnels
    - Kill 6 Taken Lieutenants

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »

Had a look around the tower and ran the first quest. Have to say from running the first quest I'm very impressed with TTK.

Only really had an hour online and most of that was spent looking for my headset.

Just an FYI lads, Mr. and Mrs. Chimp had a new addition we now have a baby Chimpette :)
    So I'm having to negotiate time on line with Mrs Chimp babysitting.

Everyones getting people pregnant and I'm just here with my cats knocking out my internet cable like some sort of mad spinster

I feel like I have to apologise for my instructions during the Atheon fight, "if you get transported inside, shoot the lights in the sky. If you stay outside, jump on the thing and shoot the flying things then jump in the thing and shoot the big thing." seemed to work well though :pac:

I just looked at what everyone else was shooting and then shot at that as well :D

Which stage of it are you at now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Can someone on PS4 please give me access to the following missions later, and then help me quickly clear those missions (non-heroic versions of course)?

Kings of Decay
    Entropys Pinnacle
    Fears Embrace
    Summoners Circle

This should jump me right to the end of the Taken War with my Titan and give me that much needed 310 artifact (mines currently 295).

If anyone else has a character on Act 2, maybe they would be able to join to help 3 man it meaning another person can skip the busy work listed below (meaning we only need to do 1/3 of the Act 2 stuff, yet still get those delicious rewards):

- Mission: Blighted Coven
    - Kill 3 Specific Taken Commanders on Earth
    - Mission: Paradox
    - Gather Taken Chronoshards in Patrol on Venus
    - Mission: Tenebrous Tunnels
    - Kill 6 Taken Lieutenants

I can help with that. Haven't bothered doing act 2 at all with my Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cormac... wrote: »
    Run a quick Hard Mode VoG they said, be grand they said.....

Have it done in 10 mins one foolishly said.

Only got 4hrs sleep because of how long we took

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Hey I was being sarcastic. Don't make me rage quit again.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

How did it take yous so long ? Did you have people who never ran it before with you ?

How did it take yous so long ? Did you have people who never ran it before with you ?

I'd say we had maybe 3,589 VoG completions between us :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Just getting killed stupidly at oracles. The less said about Gorgon's Maze the better.

"Come on. We can kill 2 of them" Recording from GenericDreadhead's Ghost.

Just getting killed stupidly at oracles. The less said about Gorgon's Maze the better.

I very quickly went from "Lolz, I've had a few beers, let's try kill all the Gorgons Hahaha" :pac: to "F**k this!" :mad: - Goes to Orbit & Solos the next 2 parts - "Right, join my fireteam" :o

"Come on. We can kill 2 of them" Recording from GenericDreadhead's Ghost.

That Ninja Edit!

Actually trying to kill 2 of them and doing the "Race to the Chest!" was some of the best fun I've had in a while

Until I actually realised we couldn't kill a 2nd one

(just showed up as immune, dunno what's that about, thought you could kill them all)

Which stage of it are you at now?

I'm not 100% sure, I just know I've been given to mission to assault the base on Phobos.

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% sure, I just know I've been given to mission to assault the base on Phobos.

You've a little ways to go yet so I think, though it is possible to skip a lot of it. You're better of playing through it all on one character though I think!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement