Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

stx9t.jpg

Shouldn't it be waiting for the Peoples Chimp?

rjf2uMH.jpg

Ode to Chimp playing Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Shouldn't it be waiting for the Peoples Chimp?

rjf2uMH.jpg

I give you this post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone raiding tonight? I'd like to give my first raid a crack if there are any spots free?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seems like I've stumbled into the Chimp Megathread :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Funny thing happened in the Raid there, went in at about 8:15pm looking to do the Sisters (wahheyoo) quick and give Oryx a bash depending on who we had as I'd committed to being offline for 10pm to watch the walking dead.

So we ended up with 6 (Me, GTRoni, Saucepan, Anarchy, Optimus and Wabb), 2 of which who had never done the sisters, and 3 of which who had never done Oryx. Only me, Optimus and Saucepan had done the lot.

So we wiped a few times on the sisters cause of people getting used to getting on platforms in sequence and the new guys not being used to being the Taken Runner.... but we got there after maybe 6 runs happy days.

It was like 9pm by then, so true to my word, and not wanting to build up too much momentum and then bail I said we'd do a few runs at Oryx, so the lads could see how the mechanics of the fight played out (I said 3 attempts and we'll call it).

Baring in mind about 4/6 of the lads were like under 300, but above 293, so not terribly crippling, but noticeable.

We did a run and wiped after detonating about 2 bombs.
    Next run we got onto the 2nd set of bombs, maybe detonating 6 bombs total before wiping

I was like, sure look, its's important you see this bit with the sword wizard, lets give it a lash 3 more times (5 times total).

Killed Oryx 2 runs later.

Absolute testament to everyone 1) Doing their jobs right and looking out for each other and 2) Keeping the communications clear and USA Marine like.

I was actually flabbergasted, 3 newbies in a group of ~295 guardians and we killed him in about 20 minutes :pac:

The lads were not phased by the mechanics, top marks for individual efforts all round. I've done Oryx with groups of 305+ players who have 5+ kills under their belts and it took 3 times as long.

Fair f**ks to all involved, not a bother on them :)
    I think when you have got your bearings and know what stage is coming next, and what you are to do - it is a quite easy fight. It seems insane the first couple of times you do it - but I found after watching a very good and clear YouTube video it was very easy - kinda forget all the ads and just concentrate on the next little job you have to do, 1 step at a time.

Gutted i'm gonna be missing the first Hard Mode runs! At least you will have all worked it out and be able to instruct me when I get back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Anyone raiding tonight? I'd like to give my first raid a crack if there are any spots free?

I'll be looking to run the nightfall and then the raid at some point tonight. I probably won't make it on until around 10 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll be looking to run the nightfall and then the raid at some point tonight. I probably won't make it on until around 10 though.

I might hop on to do the nightfall later (and probably not much else) I might jump in if you have a free spot, if not, no worries.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im currently level 21, light level 101 and cant wait to get in on the raids and all. I should get a good chunk of the story done this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im currently level 21, light level 101 and cant wait to get in on the raids and all. I should get a good chunk of the story done this evening :D

My advice, do the Vault of Glass and Crotas End before going anywhere near Kings Fall.

It'll teach you how to do 6 player Co-Op Raid Mechanics

I'll join you for the nightfall so if you have space?
    Cormac... wrote: »
    My advice, do the Vault of Glass and Crotas End before going anywhere near Kings Fall.

It'll teach you how to do 6 player Co-Op Raid Mechanics

I'd be up for doing these two raids as well if anyone wants to tackle them with me... Haven't done a single raid yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a long weekend now so anyone interested in trying for flawless Raider sometime at the weekend.

Just browsing reddit there, looks like the no time to explain quest is up and involves a run through the Vault of Glass.

Edit - forgot to link! https://ns.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3piizi/not_forged_in_light_quest/?sort=new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Just browsing reddit there, looks like the no time to explain quest is up and involves a run through the Vault of Glass.

I was gonna say this. If you completed the daily heroic paradox with the alternate ending and turned the ghost in to FWC (praedyths) you should have the question waiting for you at FWC

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Good article about Destiny's story problems and some hints about some content to come
    http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Had a great blast at VoG, back to Fatebringer and Ghorn... took us 30 minutes to complete it... lol great fun again

So I just got the weapon, interesting perk apparently precision hits automatically refill your mag... now that sounds like a nice perk, no elemental damage though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is it already too late to do the NTTE quest. I've no first step done.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Is it already too late to do the NTTE quest. I've no first step done.

If you get it done in today's daily, there's a chance it might unlock tomorrow for you. If not then I'm guessing you have to wait until next week.

Also, it seems that you have to pledge to FWC, glad I didn't use my weekly pledge when I was on this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ntte?

I'd tell you, but I have No Time To Explain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd tell you, but I have No Time To Explain ;)

Brilliant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

if there is a no time to explain quest.... PAGING CORMAC! ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

if there is a no time to explain quest.... PAGING CORMAC! ;-D

On it!

No Time To Explain is a very very nice gun !!! Very stable and hits really well for crits.

If any of the xbox crowd still need to do VoG, myself and foxer are around and need to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

If any of the xbox crowd still need to do VoG, myself and foxer are around and need to do it.

would love to, but seeing as I've tried to get the first paradox ghost solo and already fallen to my death so many times, I think this is another exotic out of reach for me :(. Why must there be so much jumping involved, is it true once you die you have to restart and get all the ghosts again ?

I got a Atheon checkpoint earlier. Cable has it now if you ask him for it.

I'm on now and wouldn't mind doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

so, vex minds as large as planets predicted their own destruction, I bet they never predicted I'd die over 30 times and didnt even make it to the 2nd ghost :(. "NTTE" I'm out, haven't felt this much frustration over jumping since the days of The Last Ninja on the C64.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got a Atheon checkpoint earlier. Cable has it now if you ask him for it.

Cheers, I'll give him a shout!

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    so, vex minds as large as planets predicted their own destruction, I bet they never predicted I'd die over 30 times and didnt even make it to the 2nd ghost :(. "NTTE" I'm out, haven't felt this much frustration over jumping since the days of The Last Ninja on the C64.

Its not that hard to get the ghosts solo I did it two weeks ago. If you do manage to pick the three of them up today the next stage of the quest isn't available straight away you'll have to wait a few days/weeks.

What light level are you ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement