Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dudeeile wrote: »
    Titan sitting pretty at 302. Have a 270 ghost that is holding him back. I'll be running normal until I nab a 300ish ghost and that will only push me to 305 with current gear. I could also do with a better and higher heavy that would move him up another level or two.

Being the long weekend coming I'd hope to get 3 normal runs behind me so the possibility of decent drops are good.

Think positive and screw you RNG.

CoO will sort that ghost out in 3 rounds man seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

mayordenis wrote: »
    Whats my plan after hitting 40 here?

At the moment I'm essentially following this as a guide:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/22/9370757/destiny-the-taken-king-best-gear-guide

Seems sensible enough, progression wise.

I'm on PS4 and i'll join the clan later, reckon I'm a decent bit out from raids anywho.

Cheers for posting that link. I've just hit 40 and while i'm quite causal, i'm finding it hard to get out of the 220's. From that article, I think its because i refuse to relinquish my primary weapon which is fun but is probably holding me back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    CoO will sort that ghost out in 3 rounds man seriously!

Pretty much. CoO is the go-to for 280+ Ghost shells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Looks like you're in the Group but have not set Clan 2 as active "Set As PS Clan" up top.

See someone doing missions/patrols/strikes/pvp and there's spaces? Jump In! - You might get kicked occasionally but that might be if someone is doing something specific (maybe farming a certain enemy type to kill and not actually wanting to complete the mission - for example I farm all my Gunsmith kills and bounties on the "We've Woken the Hive checkpoint)

If people are doing Raids, chances are they don't want randoms coming in uninvited.

Best bet is to join the community and post on the wall if you're looking to set up or do a new activity.

Generally joining in progress is fine, in fact i encourage it, I'll solo the Daily mission and whoever jumps in can grab some free Marks. Raid are the exception usually
    Ah right, set the clan as active, i thought there was something missing from it.

I joined in with some other dude farming stuff in the dreadnought the other day. He'd give us a wave when he found stuff.

There's a few missions that i have to do that are kicking my hole. Might look for help in them over the next few evenings.

I am deffo on for raiding on Friday off the bat.....Titan practically 309 well its 308 and 3/4s!!! The other two are 305 but no gun swapping here like a biatch....all equipped with own gear makes using them different.

Id say 310 BS and 310 ToM essential for HM. Luckily I have both!

• Advertisement

Ah right, set the clan as active, i thought there was something missing from it.

I joined in with some other dude farming stuff in the dreadnought the other day. He'd give us a wave when he found stuff.

There's a few missions that i have to do that are kicking my hole. Might look for help in them over the next few evenings.

If you're in the clan, it'll show on your emblem under your PSN id in the game itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

If you're in the clan, it'll show on your emblem under your PSN id in the game itself

Ah right, it's showing up there. Apologies for being a 'newb.'

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Also, doing a Raid without a mic is possible as long as the other 5 have experience and are communicating.... but honestly.... if i'm going to be totally blunt here, you're usually dead weight...

I take it your career guidance teacher in school didn't recommend the Diplomatic Service then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    I take it your career guidance teacher in school didn't recommend the Diplomatic Service then :pac:

Only room for one dead weight per run and that's Cormacs spot. Nobody try take it :P

Why you think he's always asking for people with experience, TOM and BS ?

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Recently I have become more set in my ways and am.... how shall we say... minding my P&Qs less :D

Some of the following spring to mind:
    "Whats that Hacksaw piece of s**t you're trying to use there CDB?"
    "If one more person posts a picture of bad Iron Banner loot drops I'm going to f**king lose my s**t!"
    And who could forget:
    "3 spaces for Fun Banner, no f**king Lag-Whiners or Loot-Drop-Moaners allowed"

I think honesty is valuable :pac:
    I like to have fun in the game, sick of all the complaining, get enough of that on reddit.
    When I jump on for my 2~3 hours I want to try have fun, not listen to people complaining about RNG.

That f**king Hacksaw heap of olde SH!t€ will go down in infamy.... I mean I could see you using like 50 bullets but nothing was happening..... It was like a hidden camera show where I was being set up :pac:
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Only room for one dead weight per run and that's Cormacs spot. Nobody try take it :P

You have no idea how accurate that is. I AFK most of the Raid nowadays :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

And who could forget:
    "3 spaces for Fun Banner, no f**king Lag-Whiners or Loot-Drop-Moaners allowed"

And I vaguely remember this rule being adhered to for about..... 20secs.
    Some people look at rules and say "You'll be broken shortly" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

sick of all the complaining, get enough of that on reddit.

well stay off Reddit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Which leads me to the next question....
    Who on PS4 would be up for a Hard Mode run at 7pm on Friday?
    If we can get 6 players with 300+ light and a decent bit of experience we should be able to take a decent stab at it

Tempted but unsure if fridge is sufficiently stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I joined the clan there during the week. I've no headset working currently. Does that sort of make a bollix of it?

Like a bee you will have to communicate through the medium of expressive dance.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got through plenty of VoG runs doing just that last year :D

Might be quite beneficial actually if a few had no mic!!!! And I include myself in that.....LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »

Pointing can be very useful on a raid when you want someone in a particular place.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Had a crack at kings fall last night with five of the lads, got as far as the two sisters.

Just wanna say a big shout out to johnny, he was like the qui gon to my obi wan in episode one or the Denzel to my Ethan hawke in training day :pac:

And to the rest of the lads... Except whoever promised me tasty treats but instead I was killed and spawned below... I will have my vengeance :P

My young padiwan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Someone new has joined Bungie in Destiny 2 development

Someone new has joined Bungie in Destiny 2 development

What a faffing about article. Headline says all you need to know really. Much like WaterfordWhispersNews :p

• Advertisement

Just make sure you let the lads know, via message, before you start. That way at least they can tell you if they need you to do something specific, you can let them know you know what their asking for by dancing / waving.

Does Squid-Face McGee Bag still take Strange Coins for Exotic Armour? Have about 120 of them burning a hole in my pocket.

"Gimli, Dance if you can hear us!"

*Gimli Points*

"Or just use any emote, yeah, that works!"

:pac:

Does Squid-Face McGee Bag still take Strange Coins for Exotic Armour? Have about 120 of them burning a hole in my pocket.

He takes Silver now, same currency used for the Emotes, you can get it on the PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »

Mick dance if your going left platform.

Dance, Dance, Dance

Mick dance if your going to run Relic for Templar

Dance, Dance, Dance

Mick if your going to Solo Mars dance.

Dance Dance Dance

Mick dont dance if you gone to make tea

Motionless :D

Edit: Ger can you hear us?

Ger schemes !!!!!!

He takes Silver now, same currency used for the Emotes, you can get it on the PSN store

Not sure if taking the piss...

-_-

Or actually serious?

(I tried to make a fry may-may but I think the website is blocked in word :()

-_-

Or actually serious?

Just outsource your meme needs to Solvable, I can give him a good reference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

-_-

Or actually serious?

nah, silver is for the dance and emote stuff - its important to have them all.

http://imgbin.org/index.php?page=image&id=27046

He takes coins for exotics and for the 3 of coins, which increases the drop rate of exotics from bosses.

Is THIS The comment that will break the thread? :eek:

EDIT: Apparently not, we must not delete posts as often as other forums :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Since the thread has (more or less) reached 10,000 posts, it's time to say farewell.

Nothing to see here, but there's something to see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057511882

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement