Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Somebody might like the next two videos

CRW : RA-tech Full steel parts on WE EBR: http://youtu.be/Shc5T4LolHU

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Gatling wrote: »
    Somebody might like the next two videos

CRW : RA-tech Full steel parts on WE EBR: http://youtu.be/Shc5T4LolHU

http://youtu.be/qfAwYhAM4nU

I'm still up in the air about the EBR kit... I may get it for the hell of it, and swap out whenever the mood strikes me.

I'm still up in the air about the EBR kit... I may get it for the hell of it, and swap out whenever the mood strikes me.

There heavy beasts to be lugging around

There heavy beasts to be lugging around

I don't doubt it. I wouldn't lug around both bodies at the same time. But choose one on the day and go for it.

The WE M14 is a mix of everything I like. It's a long barrel, large mag size (large gas capacity), and has automatic if need be.

Just need to watch out for the trigger box.

Just need to watch out for the trigger box.

Seen that wonder if RA-TECH will bring a better one out now there doing other parts .

I love the sound of the new charging handle I'd rack that all day and still be grinning

• Advertisement

I'd rack that all day and still be grinning

:P

Innuendo aside, I do love the sound. The clank of solid steel give a reassurance of reliability I think. I'd much prefer it over the mild thud of pot metal.

:P

Innuendo aside, I do love the sound. The clank of solid steel give a reassurance of reliability I think. I'd much prefer it over the mild thud of pot metal.

Absolutely just need a steel fire selector and I'd buy one

I hear the real steel fire selector fits, at least the lock-out version does. Understandably, the fire selector switch is hard to purchase by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I hear the real steel fire selector fits, at least the lock-out version does. Understandably, the fire selector switch is hard to purchase by itself.
    Well if you were stateside you wouldn't have a problem but unfortunately for us in Europe ITAR (international trafficking arms something or other) it is very very bad to ship anything to do with a RS firearm even the likes I springs, pins etc

You might get away with a RS foregrip or rail covers but that's it.

Well it's even hard to get it in the States, as the select fire version is not allowed anymore. You can get a real steel version of the selector lock more easily.

Either way. It's probably possible to go to someone who has a CNC machine to make one for a decent fee.

• Advertisement

Well it's even hard to get it in the States, as the select fire version is not allowed anymore. You can get a real steel version of the selector lock more easily.

Either way. It's probably possible to go to someone who has a CNC machine to make one for a decent fee.

If you mean hefty then yes you are correct you would need a cad file of the component tho good luck tracking that down :D

In any case I wouldn't dare attempt to use any real steel component or accessory here in Ireland as firearms law is too shady to suss out what is and isn't considered a component for example I believe it states that if it contributes to the function of a firearm it's is therefore a firearms component which means without license or permission it is illegal to be in possession of said component.

Now that fire selector is clearly a firearms component and obviously illegal but parts like iron sights stocks grips etc they are more accessories then components as they do not interact with the firing mechanism in any way but it could be argued that they can be used to inhance the usability of a firearm and thus be classified as components.

Now that's drawn from discussions that took place many moons ago so I could be entirely wrong either way I won't be purchasing any RS tach

Jsmurff wrote: »
    If you mean hefty then yes you are correct you would need a cad file of the component tho good luck tracking that down :D

In any case I wouldn't dare attempt to use any real steel component or accessory here in Ireland as firearms law is too shady to suss out what is and isn't considered a component for example I believe it states that if it contributes to the function of a firearm it's is therefore a firearms component which means without license or permission it is illegal to be in possession of said component.

Now that fire selector is clearly a firearms component and obviously illegal but parts like iron sights stocks grips etc they are more accessories then components as they do not interact with the firing mechanism in any way but it could be argued that they can be used to inhance the usability of a firearm and thus be classified as components.

Now that's drawn from discussions that took place many moons ago so I could be entirely wrong either way I won't be purchasing any RS tach

I get you. As unfortunate as it may be not not steel-ify all the metal parts, I'd prefer to stay on the good side of the law. :pac:

Though, if RA-Tech was listening, I'd appreciate it if they would do it.

*Thoroughly hopes they're listening.*

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=5aad46ef3114c67a0cad997551096525
    you should be able to contact them through here plenty of m14 users on that forum that will pilein.

ALSO... anyone order off this site before? gpairsoft-uk.com would love to know if their legit as I want to kit up the M16 with a few KAC parts.

Had a look around for reviews and the such. They seem pretty legit. I'd be confident enough ordering from them if it was me.

Had a look around for reviews and the such. They seem pretty legit. I'd be confident enough ordering from them if it was me.

Ya see I did that aswell and all google spat back at me was website comparison sites… I don't think google likes me or my devices…

Anyway I would hazard a guess that they are Asia based and ran by G&P themselves judging by the fact that everying I in dollars and pretty cheep compared to likes of ehobbyasia wgc un company and redwolf so… 1-2month waiting time and 23% tax…

For the World War 2 enthusiasts, KWA has this coming out:

ALSO: For the HPA crowd:

Alright, so the spring for the loading nozzle has given up the ghost. Pretty much zero return with a mag in.

Going to get that one set I linked earlier I think. See if that holds up any better.

That sucks dude speaking of maintenance I realised my WA hammer is quite beat to hell because of the inokatsu bolt that's in it.

You might not be able to see much but if you could run your finger across it it would feel like the world roughest chees grater

That sucks dude speaking of maintenance I realised my WA hammer is quite beat to hell because of the inokatsu bolt that's in it.

You might not be able to see much but if you could run your finger across it it would feel like the world roughest chees grater

Would this help?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/shs-steel-upgrade-set-for-wa-m4-gbb.html#.VOD94_msVyw

God no lol shs steel is utter crap! I've heard nothing but bad things about the likes of shs and tsc when it comes to the magna system I am planning on installing a G&P burst kit but their fairly expensive so will try and get what's left out of the stock WA internals

• Advertisement

Hadn't heard much about SHS. I may avoid them in the future then.

I remember my problem with the WE hammer in the GBBR was the pin that kept the roller in place kept coming out and jamming the gun.

Ended up fixing it with some glue, a paperclip and a cigarette filter...

Can you make explosives out chewing gum too lol I understand the glue and paper clip but not the filter :confused:

Filter was to buff out the space for the paperclip and to help the glue soak in to make it a solid seal.

Filter was to buff out the space for the paperclip and to help the glue soak in to make it a solid seal.

Ah clever must make note of that how's that fix holding up

Found this earlier this morning thought it was pretty nifty :)

Leviathan556 was one of the first channels I watched in relation to GBBRs he has some good vids an great tips be forewarned though his builds aren't for the feint hearted as they are quite expensive infact you probably buy a real steal equivelant for the same money :D

Ah clever must make note of that how's that fix holding up

It held up fine for a number of days worth of gaming until I got the replacement for it.

hey snipe heres an idea for your m14 :)
    339270.PNG

hey snipe heres an idea for your m14 :)
    339270.PNG

Am I allowed say I don't like the tan on it?

Because I don't like the tan on it.

Come fight me, bro. :pac:

An a similar note, I am seriously tempted to find a CNC machine or something somewhere where I can just throw a part I have at them, tell them I want it made from steel instead of the pot metal or aluminium it comes as, and then rain the cash necessary on them to do it.

Or is that a bit too dramatic?

The throwing and the raining, not the part making. =P

• Advertisement

An a similar note, I am seriously tempted to find a CNC machine or something somewhere where I can just throw a part I have at them, tell them I want it made from steel instead of the pot metal or aluminium it comes as, and then rain the cash necessary on them to do it.

Or is that a bit too dramatic?

The throwing and the raining, not the part making. =P

I can help you with this however i require your banking details first.....

Yeah i forgot i made the chassis tan didnt mean to do that but the plan would be to krylon camo it up but start with tan on black till i get stupid enough to spray €2K worth of kit :D

Advertisement