Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Did he say a rail mountable grenade launcher that takes 8 shells?!?!?!?!

Well given the fact that they are European based it is highly possible that there will be a lower fps version.
    It is a nice idea for the beginner but I hate stick mags. If they really wanted to keep costs down why didn't they make it compatable with a pistol mag that already exists in their range? Then the beginner could have a primary and secondry with the same mags, ammo and propellant that would be more cost effective then engineering a new mag and Co2 cartridge housing

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Did he say a rail mountable grenade launcher that takes 8 shells?!?!?!?!

Well given the fact that they are European based it is highly possible that there will be a lower fps version.
    It is a nice idea for the beginner but I hate stick mags. If they really wanted to keep costs down why didn't they make it compatable with a pistol mag that already exists in their range? Then the beginner could have a primary and secondry with the same mags, ammo and propellant that would be more cost effective then engineering a new mag and Co2 cartridge housing

I think it may be because a new mag will cost about €15 as opposed to €50.

I think it may be because a new mag will cost about €15 as opposed to €50.

Pistol mags are between 15-30 (unless you plan on using TM) and they would have the chamber for the prepellant built in

Pistol mags are between 15-30 (unless you plan on using TM) and they would have the chamber for the prepellant built in

It would also presume the ownership of a sidearm, or the money to buy one. Stick mags are cheap, light, and easy to carry. I can imagine it being something someone getting into airsoft might like as it doesn't require carrying hefty metal cuboids, instead just light plastic sticks.

That is a fair point but no it wouldn't require the ownership of a sidearm at all as it would come with a mag that would also be sold seperately and a bundle deal of the rifle and a small compact C02 pistol could be an option that way you have feild and CQB covered getting maximum bang for buck

• Advertisement

Right, so here is the quick review of the parts before and after they've gone in.

So these are what I ordered. €70 for them both, including shipping, from eHobby. I got another €45 in import tax when the UPS man arrived. Was thinking that these parts better be worth the money...

parts%201_zpssnjm6sep.jpg

The loading nozzle is Creation, like my recoil spring. The piston head is FE.

Opening the piston head, it's rather different to the stock one. The stock one is like a cone of rubber, the head of the screw being the hook to keep it on. The FE one is entirely different, using a CNC'd metal (Not steel, I can tell you that) ring that the O-Ring sits on.

parts%202_zpsav0jgztj.jpg

Now the installation is simple apart from this ONE SINGLE SCREW. It's kept in so tightly that I needed to put my full weight on it so it wouldn't slip, and a pliers to keep grip of the screwdriver. Even then it was a struggle.

parts%203_zpsvsrmzpp6.jpg

And this is it after installing the new head:

parts%204_zps8cxbvnft.jpg

Here's a video of it after installation, slow motion again. It seems to run very smoothly, and may have fixed my bolt catch issue where it never caught before. I have to test the FPS on Sunday, but it seems about right. If it's too high on Red Gas, I'll just go to Green.

wow €45 for a €70 order is a bit much for tax it should be 23%

also good job on the install seems to have given the mp7 new life

wow €45 for a €70 order is a bit much for tax it should be 23%

also good job on the install seems to have given the mp7 new life

Thanks. From pure looks it doesn't look like the fps has jumped much if at all. That means it should put out at about 325fps on Red Gas, which is perfect (if not a bit mean for CQB :P )

I must say that the biggest performance changer I found was the recoil spring. It became a lot more responsive with the stronger spring in it.

I may put up a video comparing the Creation spring with the stock TM spring.

Thanks. From pure looks it doesn't look like the fps has jumped much if at all. That means it should put out at about 325fps on Red Gas, which is perfect (if not a bit mean for CQB :P )

I must say that the biggest performance changer I found was the recoil spring. It became a lot more responsive with the stronger spring in it.

I may put up a video comparing the Creation spring with the stock TM spring.

in the states some places allow up to 340fps! and they dont care if your shot point blank or not...

oh please do just not in slow motion this time please :D

in the states some places allow up to 340fps! and they dont care if your shot point blank or not...

oh please do just not in slow motion this time please :D

FINE no slow motion =P I just find it lets me have a better look of the inner working as it moves.

But yes, I will do a video comparing the two.

• Advertisement

I find myself roaring "PULL THE FING TRIGGER" when I watch slow motion videos people forget you need to move a little quicker so as not to make too slow :P But other then that I see what you mean its very handy for that indeed

I find myself roaring "PULL THE FING TRIGGER" when I watch slow motion videos people forget you need to move a little quicker so as not to make too slow :P But other then that I see what you mean its very handy for that indeed

I have only recently gotten video editing software, so I'll try do something better this time.

Also, I found a Honey Badger kit for the WA M16.

NOW I WANT AN M16! I BLAME YOU JSMURFF.

I have only recently gotten video editing software, so I'll try do something better this time.

Also, I found a Honey Badger kit for the WA M16.

NOW I WANT AN M16! I BLAME YOU JSMURFF.

yeah-if-you-could-just_o_1076995.jpg

Now wheres that link!!!! lol

I could be wrong here but isnt the suppressor supposed to be inside the fore-end? not way out in front of it? It also appears to be available for we and aeg so you dont need a wa m4 lol besides we are cheaper

I could be wrong here but isnt the suppressor supposed to be inside the fore-end? not way out in front of it? It also appears to be available for we and aeg so you dont need a wa m4 lol besides we are cheaper

I haven't had a look at many WA stuff. I may do...

I see your honey badger and raise you a 416!
    http://www.rhinoairsoft.com/details.asp?prodid=IRON-416KIT&cat=8

Surprisingly enough it costs about the same (in USD) to get a G&P receiver and front kit only Iron Airsoft is better as it's true to the real steel and has hard coat anodising everywhere! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yes
    No
    Maybe

A Tactical Kalashnikov: KSC/KWA KTR-03 GBBR - Red…: http://youtu.be/LviyCF7CI0U

That looks better then any GHK I've ever seen! Ands only 20 odd fps hot so it shouldn't be too hard to make it legal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That looks better then any GHK I've ever seen! Ands only 20 odd fps hot so it shouldn't be too hard to make it legal

Sounds lovely too .

Always wanted a GBBR Galil could be worth picking up for a project .

• Advertisement

It sounds fantastic! I hope they spread out more and do more of these kind of GBBR's.

All right! Recoil spring time!

The Creation 150% recoil spring was the first upgrade to the MP7 I bought. I found that the stock spring would even return the bolt fully if the gun was angled up much. That meant it occasionally failed to load a BB if aiming up stairs/at a window/etc. It was the biggest flaw that needed fixing.

So first off, these are the two springs. The black one is the stock one, while the chrome one is the Creation. Note how the Creation one is just slight longer, but only by a millimetre or two. Nothing that makes it go wrong.

IMG_0847_zpslwdjj6en.jpg

Next is something that confuses me somewhat. The distances that the recoil head goes back is a lot less in the stock spring than the Creation one:

Stock:
    IMG_0849_zpsp3affrcf.jpg

Creation:
    IMG_0848_zps9mpdlnth.jpg

What does concern me a little bit though is the roughness of the Creation metal. It's nowhere near as smooth as the TM one. I would have liked it to be at least somewhat smoother. It does cause a slowdown every once in a while. Now that I've picked up some grease I may apply it to the spring to help it along.

Creation:
    IMG_0871_zpsidd0hfoa.jpg

Stock:
    IMG_0921_zpsqnx4kshu.jpg

Obligatory videos!

And yes, I did add slow motion to annoy people =P

Yes that travel distance difference is a bit weird isn't it… I really can't see and advantage to it but from what I could see in the pics it looks like the stock spring was larger and less rigid then the creation one which look more tidy an uniform

The likes of creation tsc shs etc havnt been known for their products finish however it's nothing a bit of wet sanding and lube won't fix.

Also nice vids! That creation seams to speed it up a damn good bit

I want that pdr!!!!!! I want it now!!!!

What attracts me is the plastic casing on the mag. Hopefully it will act the same as the G36 gas mags do and get a boost of efficiency out of it.

What attracts me is the plastic casing on the mag. Hopefully it will act the same as the G36 gas mags do and get a boost of efficiency out of it.

That's already been proven but the lm4 is a very efficient system already now if they could be adopted to the WA platform that would be fantastic as the G&P ones are rare as a unicorns horn! Plus the lm4 pmags are only $45 as opposed to $68 for the G&P ones.

I beleive the G&P ones are going out of production due to Magpull's licensing being pulled

I beleive the G&P ones are going out of production due to Magpull's licensing being pulled

Off-brand Magpull-esque mags for real steel guns have been on the market for a while. I don't see airsoft being any different when it comes to magazine design.

Well the only limiting factor in real steel mags is the ammo so it's easy to manipulate the structure as long as it can store and feed 5.56 NATO

However with GBBR mags their internals are specific to their system and so far only WA and KWA have Pmags. GHK designed Pmag style mags for the G5 but these have been reported as not being compatible with anything other than the G5.

Unfortunately the same can be said for the MSK style Pmags from WE. At first they will not fit into an AR style magwell or seat properly once users modified them to do so they ran into feeding and cycling issues

I've given up on Pmags as it's hard getting the standard stanag types as it is

• Advertisement

The bane of a GBBR user: Magazines =P

I kind of understand that lad on ebay selling gas mags for an arm and a leg a piece. They're rarer than truth in politics and some people will pay the price for it.

Advertisement