Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Aply just enough to get the job done no more no less. Lubricants will inevitably collect enough gunk to render them useless and in turn jam the mechanism which is why you need a regular cleaning / maintenance schedule particularly when the rif is regular use

I do clean it regularly, but when it can gum up after a single game because I fire too fast is more of a tolerances issue than maintenance.

It appears that the silicone oil gets thicker as the mechanism gets colder, which slows the loading nozzle down to the point where it won't retract far enough to pick up a BB.

On more than one occasion I've taken it off my back to take care of some guys up close to look the fool because it cycles without chambering a round. I'm hoping dry gas will help prevent this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

If you are using silicone oil that comes from an aerosol can then you will have that issue regardless of you as the laws of thermodynamics commands it to be so.

However if you can get a bottle of oil with no added propellants then you may see a slight improvement in performance. But because it is a liquid it will freeze.

Plumbers grease that is 100% silicone I designed to handle both hot and cold temperatures as it is used in the plumbing in your home. You have a better chance of fighting the likelyhood of cool down as it won't freeze in place as easilly not will it start leaking from the rif once it starts to get warm (20+ degrees).

Tbh it sounds like cool down isn't your only problem are you useing the stock nozzle retaining spring? If so the constant use and the added strain of aftermarket parts could have weekend it to a point where it is no longer effective enough to allow the nozzle to cycle properly.

Before risking damage with dry gas, which can happen, I would suggest replacing this spring with a stronger aftermarket one (MAG possibly makes one). Aswell as switching to a grease or an oil that doesn't have propellant aditives. If this does not resolve your issue then by all means switch to dry but keep an eye on the internals and check regularly for wear and tare

I've been looking for a replacement return spring for it. It wasn't very strong in the first place, and it's bent out of shape.

I'll look for a part, and if I find it, I'll link it for future reference.

Alright, couldn't find it separately, but this seems to be a decent option.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/creation-enhanced-loading-nozzle-set-for-marui-mp7-gbb.html#.VNEmvmjkflo

Continuing our conversation about HPA, I think this may solve some of our problems with modifications:

• Advertisement

That parts kit looks good particularly because of POM construction should help against future cool down and friction problems.

As for the HPA link irish rail has blocked it from view so will get back to you on that when I find a less restrictive Internet source

Was reading up on MP7's and found out that TM and KSC/ KWA only produce 3/4 sized rif's. Umarex(VFC) are the only one to produce a 1:1 licenced replica that is lighter in weight but has more recoil :confused:

WE have released a body kit (under a "throwaway" manufacturer label called new wave) for their SMG8 that mimics the real deal 1:1 minus the trademarks it's called the New wave small rice 7 it's can be bought as a complete working rif for $195 as apossed to $155 for the smg8

So there is now 5 offerings in mp7 GBB on the market!

I made a quick check for the size difference between the Tokyo Marui MP7 and H&K's real one, and it's only about 3cm shorter (Stock collapsed for both).

But yes, the MP7 is an increasingly popular machine pistol/submachine gun. It's a relatively versatile platform.

I was commenting on the overall size difference not just length

Well it was only a matter of time before Umarex released one seeing as the own the rights to replicate H&K firearms I wonder what they'll do next

Here's a comparison pic of a TM and RS

• Advertisement

*Goes to a list of H&K products*

I want a GMG for teh lulz, a GBB L85 because that would be fun, and a VP70 so I can do a Resident Evil 2 on it.

WE made a perfectly good L85 it's actually quite loud for a GBBR and has one hell of a recoil and it feels like one solid lump of metal

H&K were only contracted to get it working they don't actually own the IP (intellectual property) so I don't see Umarex producing one

I've heard iffy things about the WE one myself, mainly cooldown and such. I may give it a look sometime though.

Thoughts on the drop-in Polarstar F1?

Well to be fair all GBBR's have their teething problems but there is now a plethora of aftermarket support available including steel internals a bit of grease and Co2 mags should prevent any severe cool down. But cool down is inevitable and can not be prevented.

What's an F1?

The F1 is a cylinder module and trigger set you can put into an AEG gearbox to turn in into a HPA gun without needing to buy the entire gearbox. This means it will fit into most gearboxes, no matter if it's an odd shape. They'll be releasing one with an off-centre air nozzle for airsoft guns that have that.

Oh right that's pretty nifty is the kit cheaper then buying a full FE?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There's a guy based in green zone airsoft site selling polar stars ,
    Must keep and eye on this nifty set up

Where is green zone?

Where is green zone?

Co Armagh

Well there's a treck and a half lol

• Advertisement

Well there's a treck and a half lol

Depend where you are ,
    It's a fairly decent site and well run

Nice to know I like to keep up on these things as the way things are these days I could wind up living/ working anywhere.

Also if anybody comes across a 9" outer for a WA M4 could ya let me know? I would put up a wanted add in the sales forum but I would just be bumping it for all eternity lol

Also if anybody comes across a 9" outer for a WA M4 could ya let me know? I would put up a wanted add in the sales forum but I would just be bumping it for all eternity lol

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/5ku-9inch-cqb-outer-barrel-for-wa-m4-gbb-bk.html#.VNToIIbfWnM

Hope this suits your needs :P

I meant second hand :P lol

Also…

HOLLY CRAPPLE PIECE OF CRIP!!!!!
    http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14488

As much as I'm OK with the Kar98, having something like that would be HELL INCARNATE to skirmish with.

Though a fun plinker none the less =P

It's only a matter of time before a non ejecting version hits the market

The more GBBR's the better =P

As much as I'm OK with the Kar98, having something like that would be HELL INCARNATE to skirmish with.

Though a fun plinker none the less =P

That with added the new sound simulator and I'd have to get a divorce

B.L.TECH Airsoft Gun Sound Simulator: http://youtu.be/oHr1AN0RKYY

http://youtu.be/oHr1AN0RKYY

That f@&!ing insane… I want 10!!!!!!

• Advertisement

adsfrgthyjTGRFESZFGYHCJgrfe I want one for the M14.... It wouldn't fit the MP7 T_T

Advertisement