Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Lol too true i FINALY figured out how to open the blasted things! Just so fidly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hey folks,

Just a little question for you all.

How can I identify if my M4a1 is a WA or not?

Receivers seem more like GRP than ABS in finish.

ALso seems to have full Colt trades.

Anyone any ideas??

Hey folks,

Just a little question for you all.

How can I identify if my M4a1 is a WA or not?

Receivers seem more like GRP than ABS in finish.

ALso seems to have full Colt trades.

Anyone any ideas??

It should say western arms on the right hand side of the lower receiver just under the devide between the upper and lower.

As for the fillings inside there is no way that I know of to destinguish what manufacturer made any given internals

There should also be an 'ASGK' mark on the underside of the trigger guard just in front of the grip. I believe this is a licensee that gives WA the right to use colt trademarks. I have seen this mark on a TM Chrome Desert Eagle I used to own an it's also on the TM 5-7 that I currently have.

Hi Jsmurff,

Item has neither of those trademarks.

But receiver is definitely not ABS, Glass Re-inforced Polymer.

So who made it?

Bit of a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Hi Jsmurff,

Item has neither of those trademarks.

But receiver is definitely not ABS, Glass Re-inforced Polymer.

So who made it?

Bit of a mystery.

Could be AGM. Does the hammer have a roller on it?

• Advertisement

Hey ElSniperino,

From what I can find out so-far, pretty much only WA make these with the FRP receivers.

All the rest, even the cheapy knock-offs all appear to use metal bodies.

Hey ElSniperino,

From what I can find out so-far, pretty much only WA make these with the FRP receivers.

All the rest, even the cheapy knock-offs all appear to use metal bodies.

I'm assuming this is a second hand GBBR.

Could it be that there are custom parts installed, like an aftermarket receiver?

I would doubt the polymer body being an upgrade. Changing from polymer to metal, yes, but not the other way round.

I would doubt the polymer body being an upgrade. Changing from polymer to metal, yes, but not the other way round.

Well some people go by the "Reliable plastic or unreliable metal" mantra for gas guns.

If that's not it, then I'm afraid I can't figure it out.

If you did buy it second hand, did you do it on here? Because I may be able to dig up the thread and have a look for any hints on the manufacturer.

Reliable plastic unreliable metal only applies to nozzles and even at that it differs from person to person it is possibly agm they have made plastic bodied ones in the past but you wouldn't see them that much as the metal bodied ones are just as cheap an this more popular but still the worst gbbr available lol also rollers only appear in we gbbrs as standard or in aftermarket hammers have not heard of a magma system gbbr with roller on hammer

EDIT: it's possibly a JG as they made a plastic bodied m4 gbbr with colt markings

• Advertisement

AGM comes standard with a roller on the hammer.

And I guess you're right about the body. I'm just trying all the options.

AGM comes standard with a roller on the hammer.

And I guess you're right about the body. I'm just trying all the options.

Really? Hmm well I don't know everything always thought they were the regular hammer

Just had another look. No roller on Hammer. Proper Nato markings on barrel, ie calibre and twist rate. Has me a bit stumped. Was told by 1 of the shops that its most likely Western Arms.

Just had another look. No roller on Hammer. Proper Nato markings on barrel, ie calibre and twist rate. Has me a bit stumped. Was told by 1 of the shops that its most likely Western Arms.

Possibly aftermarket outer barrel and JG wouldn't put rollers on their hammers would just add to the cost lol.

Many magna system users actually dislike rollers on their hammers as it is largely (but not entirely) agreed that they add or create undue stress on the bolt and nozzle.

I personally think you have a JG they did (and possibly still do) produce an M4 with full trades pretty much a catbon copy of the WA

So I'm having an issue with my modified AGM M4. The mags work great after the new buckings and hammer spring. But the issue now is that it keeps spitting BB's into the lower receiver and gumming up the mechanism.

So I'm having an issue with my modified AGM M4. The mags work great after the new buckings and hammer spring. But the issue now is that it keeps spitting BB's into the lower receiver and gumming up the mechanism.

Okay let's start at the front and work our way back. Have you turned the hop all the way off?

Yup. It's off.

Okay so it's not being dragged back out of the hop unit by the nozzle and being dropped into the lower. It's possible that the tooth that is on the bottom of the nozzle is dragging bb's out of the mag as the bolt travels backwards.

That's the only thing I can think of

Thought so. Any suggestions?

A new nozzle as it should be keeping the next bb depressed under it. When the the tooth knocks out a round it also acts as a ramp for the best to roll up into the centre of the nozzle where it sits till its fired out through the hop so until that is complete the tooth should be sat between the feed lips of the mag depressing the next round.

When the bolt travels to the rear the next Bb pops up for colection on the return if the tooth is not acting this way then it has been damaged or altered and must be replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

I have a Umarex HK G36, I'd like to replace the valve in the magazine, but I just can't seem to find one anywhere.
    I'm looking for a "Azimuth" or similar valve, everywhere I look is out of stock!! Grrrrrrrr!

LeeHarvey wrote: »
    I have a Umarex HK G36, I'd like to replace the valve in the magazine, but I just can't seem to find one anywhere.
    I'm looking for a "Azimuth" or similar valve, everywhere I look is out of stock!! Grrrrrrrr!

If it's the release valve then there's one here:
    http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=AZI-ACC-VA17
    If it's an injection/ fill valve your after I cannot find a single one available which is very odd 0_o?

I don't know a whole pile about the vfc platform but I do know valves from other vfc platforms can be cross compatible in some cases

Your best bet is to ask the guys over on gasguns.info/forums ya never know someone might have a few to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

Yep it's the release valve I'm after, thanks a mil for the link.

LeeHarvey wrote: »
    Yep it's the release valve I'm after, thanks a mil for the link.

No problem happy to help

Let's get this back up and going! List of issues and notes on the WE M14 after few months of using it

1) The trigger box frame will go. No question. It appears to vary for people about when it goes, but it will go. It is an expensive fix. About 153 euro to get just the Ra-Tech frame by itself. Over 200 for the full Ra-Tech trigger unit.

I recommend that you plan this replacement early on. No need to replace it before it goes; it works perfectly fine up until it goes.

2) The fire selector can come loose. I didn't know this would happen, and I lost the pressure spring that stops the selector from shifting to Semi-Auto from Full-Auto while firing. I eventually found a spring that fit and puts in enough pressure.

Pre-empt this with some Loctite or something on the pins involved there.

3) Standard scope mounts work fine. Just takes some fine tuning to get it straight on.

4) The extra magazines that I got from SG Airsoft didn't have the 30-round springs. Only the 20-round springs. I don't know if that's universal, but that's what I got. I wouldn't bet on getting 30 round springs.

5) The Maple Leaf hop-up doesn't fit directly into the hop-up unit. The side bar of rubber is too long. I've removed a section of that bar and have tried it, and it seems to work well. I will keep the thread updated on its progress.

Next, the WE G26.

1) The screws on the hop-unit may as well be made of cheese. I turned the screwdriver once and the head turned to mush. Had to drill it out. Works ok for now though.

2) One of the locking bars on the outer barrel shattered off. Doesn't effect performance, just adds wobbly. Peripheral importance for replacement.

3) The standard 15 round magazines are junk. Just doesn't hold enough gas. I'm using a 50 round magazine in it to great effect. Looks silly, but works wonders.

4) Back on the topic of hop-up. Standard hop rubber is way strong. It made 0.25's go skyward with the hop fully off. I put in a Maple Leaf rubber and metal adjustment wheel. Now 0.25's fly perfectly straight and very accurately. A definite upgrade in my opinion.

And an update on GBBR news:

WE TA 2015 (The GBB P90) is finally out, and to fairly good reviews. I've already seen lighter bolts being sold to improve efficiency. It's something I want to buy at some point.

KWA have (re)teased their GBB MP40, but they have also shown the prototype of their GBB Thompson. Happy days for WW2 reinactors.

Not strictly a GBBR, but I found WE's double barrel 1911. Want.

New purchase: KWA Kriss Vector.

Second hand, but show's little to no wear. Built like a tank. Ergonomically it's strange, but you get used to it very fast. Very fast cycle rate. Too fast, I think. The cooldown kills it if you're trying to do a mag dump. The issue with trying to replicate the strange kind of recoil system meant needing more force to cycle the bolt. That needs more gas, and the mags aren't the best when it comes to cooldown. I'd stick to single or two shot burst.

Speaking of, two shot burst is amazing. The gun is accurate enough for mid-range combat, and with the two shot you can get bb's down range without wasting them all. Good for conserving ammo.

Yet to game it, though I don't see any problems appearing after my tests. I'll probably be throwing a new barrel and hop up in to try squeeze the most out of it I can, then adding a tracer unit and a holographic sight.

Advertisement