Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Yeah I scan multiple forums every day to see if any crop up even if they need valves or seels replaced I don't care most of em appear on US based forums though and they won't ship outside com US because of ITAR

Fortunately pro wins are still in production but they are a specialty item so as such they command a high price tag.

But the main reason for the lack of availability is because there isn't a huge market for GBBR's so they are only produced in small batches

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Ok, quick performance review of the new parts in the MP7.

Piston head is a flop. While power maintains at a steady rate, the consumption skyrockets. Replacing it with the stock piston head seems to solve it. I'll keep the FE head just in case, but I'm going to call it a failed experiment.

The loading nozzle works great apart from the fact the C-shaped plastic part that surrounds the end of the nozzle where it picks up the BB grates against the top of the mag, and sometimes stops it from seating back properly and not letting the trigger be pulled. I bet it will wear in eventually, so not too worried about that.

Not surprised about the gas consumption as it is a metal component.

You may be right about the nozzle however if it's catching on the mag seal then the chances are the seal will give first and may require replacing befor the nozzle is broken in. To prevent this you could try finding the exact point of contact and sanding it back ever so slightly until it cycles without hindrance

It's not catching on the mag seal, but the feeding lip for the BB's. The C-shaped plastic part goes too low and basically hugs the feeding lip.

This should be released some time this year.

• Advertisement

Looks good, but a bit iffy on the use of the Vector mags. Didn't they have terrible cooldown?

I don't think it was just the mags themselves that was at fault but possibly so. They also could have remodelled the mags since their initial release

Hopefully. Especially if they make a longer version, it could be a good DMR of sorts.

Yes a DMR… that uses pistol mags… instead of STICK MAGS!!!

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Yes a DMR… that uses pistol mags… instead of STICK MAGS!!!

Unfortunately so. Stick mags are so fantastic. :pac:

But it's a good concept. I can think of a method of using pistol mags for shotguns and the such.

• Advertisement

I think Marui have the best shotgun system

Jsmurff wrote: »
    I think Marui have the best shotgun system

True, but having a universal magazine like you said before could be handy. I can think of a nozzle that picks up 3 BB's each pump from a pistol magazine.

Update: I replaced the C-part of the new nozzle with the old one. It now cycles beautifully. No more hugging the feeding lip. The lonely feeding lip will go hugless from now on.

It appears Creation makes their C-parts a little too low for standard lips. I saw that they make feeding lips for the magazines, but I'm not going to do that just yet.

That's how most chinese companies work. They will create a whole host of parts that are proprietary unless you mod them.

Iam sure you can sand it down to give int a lower profile so it works with the TM mag lips

Well the Ready Fighter one works, and I like having a white bit of plastic so I can easily see the movement of the bolt and the nozzle. More of a troubleshooting advantage than anything else.

Yes that is a nice advantage

What nozzle were you talking about earlier that takes 3 bb's at ounce?

It's not a real nozzle, I can just think of how to make one.

It's not a real nozzle, I can just think of how to make one.

Oh right well fair do's bud I would only ever think of what's available

Hephaestus Custom Tavor Prototype:

Hephaestus Custom Type 97 Prototype:

Found a good channel on YouTube called nugentgI this guy is great and has nearly every GBBR known to man

• Advertisement

I like the Type 97's up there, function wise.

Not a fan on the looks though.

Looks better then a hts-14 though

I actually like the look of the HTS-14 xD

Theres nowhere to put your support hand though… its great in that it's a 7.62 sub compact but I don't like the fact that you have to shell out an extra $200+ to put a foregrip on it and that the very tall awkward carry handle is a permanent feature.

Also ive seen videos where user talk about the panels above the pistol grip (which are in place to support the extended trigger bar) coming loose due to the recoil which means the trigger will eventualy rattle itself loose rendering it useless. Massive issue for the price tag.

an update on the WA M16 I put two mags through it one loaded and one dry fire on the loaded mag it took two fills of gas to go through 38rounds. It wouldnt fire the last two rounds because it decided to go into a really weak full auto that only half cycled the bolt. This was probably due to cool down and follower and spring maxing its reach before getting to the top of the mag or maybe I miscounted and over loaded it:confused:

Second issue: the recoil from the two mags was enough to rattle the dust cover retaining pin (which is the longest bloody pin on the thing) loose causing it to fling off with a loud PING noise scaring the s&*t out of me!! It has also loosened the front sight which now has a considerable wobble. One of its retaining pins was also rattled loose and popped out at the exact moment I pulled back the bolt causing me to believe that one of the FCG retaining pins had popped out.

Third issue: thinking that one of the Fire Control Group pins had popped out I checked the lower and although it wasnt one of these pins they were all slowly but surely wiggling their way out. I believe this is also due to the recoil but also more to do with the fact that their sat in an oem abs lower that has quite a bit of flex in it. The pressure from the springs wrapped around the components are probably the only thing that stopped them from going to far.

Forth (and final) issue: The innards were absolutely filthy after two mags but not with dirt it appears there are tiny shavings and slivers almost like glitter in the grease and caked all over including inside the bcg around the nozzle probably because of the steel bolt digging into the oem pot metal hammer.

so remedies:
    1. Metal receiver either G&P or Iron Airsoft.
    2. Steel FCG or at the very least a hammer again G&P or VT.
    3. Ditch the front sight altogether or maybe get a different spec barrel.
    4. Scrub the thing absolutely spotless and relube.

As it currently stands it is in no way skermishable unless I can some how afford an endless supply of dust covers and retaining pins:p:pac:

Edit: As for the fn 5-7 the top of the mag where the supper glue was is venting the gas as quick as I can fill it. If i am quick enough I can get 3 shots off so that will need a new feed lip which is a fiver probably the cheapest fix on my list lol. It did cycle perfectly though :)

Sorry to hear about the 5-7! I've had the glue on there for who knows how long without issue. I guess it was going to go eventually though. :/

As for the WA, it sounds like the entire thing needs a taking apart and servicing, down to the smallest pin. Maybe over time the entirety of the body has shifted just so and because of that things are grinding/shifting/rattling.

Probably all the silicone oil that was in it while it was in the box are away at it who knows could have been a million things anyway all it takes is pop the pin out pop out the feed lip pop in the knew feed lip push in the pin done. :)

Well I think all the problems in the WA revolve around the INO steel bolt as wa's are plastic and pot metal. Also the metal nozzle (not sure if it's aluminium or steel) might be a problem also as I feel it's cutting into the G&P hop unit.

But yeah your right it needs a bit of tlc and it'll be alright I manage to source some prowin's :D so will see how they perform over the OEM WA mag

I find a 100% stripdown is always risky. I'm constantly afraid of losing a single, tiny, tremendously important part that it won't work without.

Hasn't stopped me from trying though xD

I find a 100% stripdown is always risky. I'm constantly afraid of losing a single, tiny, tremendously important part that it won't work without.

Hasn't stopped me from trying though xD

In the WA/ G&p system there are only two parts that you should worry about the c clip that holds the nozzle retainer in place in the bolt where the hammer strikes it. Due to the hammer striking it the c clip can just pop off causing the nozzle retainer to be bashed out of place by the hammer. You will notice this straight away as your nozzle will just jam all the time and not cycle properly.

another thing to remember is that just like the real steal the ar platform is riddled with detents and springs and they are usually so tiny you require a very steady hand or a tweezers to put in place.

I almost lost the tiny spring that sticks out the left hand side of the gfpa, the block that sits behind the mag and in front of the hammer that holds the firing pin and bolt catch, apparently in the G&P/WA system the mag catch isnt enough to hold it in place so they used a spring to create pressure between the gfpa and the receiver keeping the gfpa centred.

which has me thingking if its possible that my plastic receiver is partly to blame for the bolt not locking back?

• Advertisement

It could be. A trick I saw for WE mags that may or may not work for you is to raise the internals of the magazine up a millimetre or two up from the outer shell. This works as the outer shell is what is held on to by the magazine catch, and raising the rest of it means it may have better feeding/bolt locking.

Advertisement