Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

I'm not confident enough to do a camo paint myself, but I'm happy doing small designs with spraypaint =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I would be happy to get a an even mono coat never mind a design…

Also I plan on stripping down the M16 tomorrow so will be posting many many pics tomorrow any parts/ pic requests?

Jsmurff wrote: »
    I would be happy to get a an even mono coat never mind a design…

Also I plan on stripping down the M16 tomorrow so will be posting many many pics tomorrow any parts/ pic requests?

Pics as you go through would be useful, and pointing out parts that have weaknesses and the such. Just a general How-To I suppose.

Update: Just ordered the Creation nozzle set and an FE piston head from ehobby. I'll probably do pics/video of installation once I get them.

I dont have time to do a full guide but will do one in the tech sub-forum eventually. I will just be showing the internals and their accompanying springs and detents

Right bad news unfortunately i am short a few tools as the pins are in there nice and tight and cannot force them out. broke the only two screwdrivers small enough to push them out. Bit of a bummer as i really wanted to get a good look inside and see what sort of wear and tare there was :/

• Advertisement

Right bad news unfortunately i am short a few tools as the pins are in there nice and tight and cannot force them out. broke the only two screwdrivers small enough to push them out. Bit of a bummer as i really wanted to get a good look inside and see what sort of wear and tare there was :/

The body pins? Or the pins keeping the triggerbox in the lower receiver?

The body pins? Or the pins keeping the triggerbox in the lower receiver?

the pins for the inters btw only WE uses trigger boxes in the magna system the lower receiver is the trigger housing just like the real steel.

27.jpg
    40.jpg

the pins for the inters btw only WE uses trigger boxes in the magna system the lower receiver is the trigger housing just like the real steel.

27.jpg
    40.jpg

It's funny how the WE internals look the worst =P

It's funny how the WE internals look the worst =P

now you see why the hammer breaks so easily its so tiny!

also interestingly enough buffers, buffer springs and buffer tubes seem to be universal

now you see why the hammer breaks so easily its so tiny!

also interestingly enough buffers, buffer springs and buffer tubes seem to be universal

If only those companies made GBBR's that aren't M4's =P

Seems to be a very small variation in sizes. A few millimetres could mean the difference between a failure or not.

• Advertisement

If only those companies made GBBR's that aren't M4's =P

Seems to be a very small variation in sizes. A few millimetres could mean the difference between a failure or not.
    Exactly why you should avoid G&P WOC/ WA magna system as your first GBBR WE has great internal support from RA Tech and the parts just drop in.

Because the magna system replicates the RS colt m4 there's all sorts of pins springs detents shims clips etc and it can be very fidly but I myself much prefer it to AEG gearbox's when I opened my first one parts went flying everywhere. I collected all the parts into a plastic bag tied a knot in it, shoved it in a drawer and just went "Nope!". I purchased many aeg's after that but was never satisfied with them and have had at some stage everything from low range to top shelf

GBBR's is where it's at :)

I had a similar experience with AEG's to be honest xD I took to GBBR's a lot better.

I know I am just bighting at the chomp to take apart the m16

Might also order one of these next week:
    http://www.airsoftguns.ie/stocks/746-magpul-style-ubr-collapsible-stock-black.html

Wanted to do two tone black/ dark earth but there's no sign of the DE one instock anywhere so all black rifle it is

Go for it.

Question: In GBBR's, is the recoil spring in the buffer tube necessary, or just a flavour thing?

Go for it.

Question: In GBBR's, is the recoil spring in the buffer tube necessary, or just a flavour thing?

Dude seriously? Lol yes it is absolutely required to function there are two types week for winter and strong for summer you can also get recoil buffers which are little rubber disks that you put into the buffer tube to shorten the travel of the bolt and speed up rof

Dude seriously? Lol yes it is absolutely required to function there are two types week for winter and strong for summer you can also get recoil buffers which are little rubber disks that you put into the buffer tube to shorten the travel of the bolt and speed up rof

I was just asking because I've seen GBBR shorty M4's with folding stocks.

I was just asking because I've seen GBBR shorty M4's with folding stocks.

Ah yes but they still have a tube spring and buffer just allot shorter ones

Looks like GHK a project base product all you have to add is a front end kit an a stock you get a full receiver kit and mag
    http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=GHK-GBR-M4-BBV

Looks like GHK a project base product all you have to add is a front end kit an a stock you get a full receiver kit and mag
    http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=GHK-GBR-M4-BBV

Looks good. I wonder if it's possible to do a similar thing with other models, like MP5 maybe.

Looks good. I wonder if it's possible to do a similar thing with other models, like MP5 maybe.

Afaik GHK are the first to do this and only with their m4 series unless their going into the MP5 market I wouldn't expect and I doubt WE or VFC will follow suit.

It makes sence that they did it with the M4 as it is so modular and very easy to customise to one needs or likes but I don't see the mp5 being viewed in the same manor but that's just my 2 cents on the matter

• Advertisement

Afaik GHK are the first to do this and only with their m4 series unless their going into the MP5 market I wouldn't expect and I doubt WE or VFC will follow suit.

It makes sence that they did it with the M4 as it is so modular and very easy to customise to one needs or likes but I don't see the mp5 being viewed in the same manor but that's just my 2 cents on the matter

What I would love to see is more complete internal sets being released like the WE M14 for example the EBR kit comes with complete chassis inner and outer barrel all one needs to get it going is bolt trigger nozzle and hop unit but it is intended as and upgrade kit for a €450 rif despite being $450 on its own and $780ish as a complete kit.

Maybe it's just the popularity of the M4 that has this new product from GHK and various sets from G&P on the market.

Ps. The kit is only $95-100 cheaper then the CQBR model so just as well to buy that.

What I would love to see is more complete internal sets being released like the WE M14 for example the EBR kit comes with complete chassis inner and outer barrel all one needs to get it going is bolt trigger nozzle and hop unit but it is intended as and upgrade kit for a €450 rif despite being $450 on its own and $780ish as a complete kit.

Maybe it's just the popularity of the M4 that has this new product from GHK and various sets from G&P on the market.

Ps. The kit is only $95-100 cheaper then the CQBR model so just as well to buy that.

I get you. I would just like to see more variety in these kind of things, you know?

I get you. I would just like to see more variety in these kind of things, you know?

Yup actually I was thinking of getting the G&P $70 kit that has all the lower receiver components springs and pins would be nice to have some spares and I need to replace the hammer anyway as it's beat to crap lol

Yup actually I was thinking of getting the G&P $70 kit that has all the lower receiver components springs and pins would be nice to have some spares and I need to replace the hammer anyway as it's beat to crap lol

Is it just that it's a rough texture? Because smoothing it off might be all you need for the moment. The hammer doesn't necessarily mean that much in the upper portion when it comes to being flush against the bolt.

All it needs to do is hit the pin that releases the gas, and be reset when the bolt goes back.

It. Actually had quite allot of material "chiseled" of of it and it is the pot metal original design to be used with a pot metal or LW aluminium bolt and 134a duster gas (now 144a)

It will need to be replaced to work with the INO steel bolt also with a heavier weight hammer comes a steel firing pin with stronger spring so it will improve the delivery of gas to the bolt with snappier action a it is it's quite sluggish.

If I got a lightweight bolt it would do just fine but the steel part set is cheaper then a bolt so might aswell just get the parts kit.

Damn, metal shattering inside the machine itself? That's a bad combination. Imagine if a part shattered off and managed to make its way to one of the rubber seals or the hop-up? Could rip it into uselessness.

Damn, metal shattering inside the machine itself? That's a bad combination. Imagine if a part shattered off and managed to make its way to one of the rubber seals or the hop-up? Could rip it into uselessness.

It's more likely to fall back into the trigger mech and render that useless and the GBBR will just not cycle like when you seed a gearset in a gearbox trigger will work but nothing will happen

It's more likely to fall back into the trigger mech and render that useless and the GBBR will just not cycle like when you seed a gearset in a gearbox trigger will work but nothing will happen

I don't mind that as much as active damage.

Well yeah I just want to replace it in the event that it could cause further damage but highly unlikely although it is a fe years old now and I am third owner

• Advertisement

Sure throw a plastic one in there, what's the worst that could happen =P

The TAC rifle looks like a decent semi-auto rifle for beginners. I'd like to see a 328fps version for here.

Advertisement