Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I think it's both but I could be wrong just saying don't forget the price of postage and don't cheap out on an post if you sending international

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Oh god no. I never post anything like that without at least Registered postage.

I would rant, but that's another topic for the rant thread xD

Also looking at a particular custom GHK that seems like the best and worst looking thing on the planet.

aeg-hts-14.jpg

Yeah the hs 14 is a weird one but if I had €6-800 I would have one and then get a double bed so it could lay next to me all night long lol

Is it bad that I'm currently selling a typewriter to afford the M14? Because that's what I'm doing xD

I would love to make a system to fit 2-4 12g CO2 canisters into the stock of the M14 to use as the gas source. It would save so much mag hassle and mag problems.

Well if your going for VN look then possibly but not with an ebr kit there's feckall room the ebr chassis

• Advertisement

I think I'll stick with the wood stock. I have a thing for wood :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oh god no. I never post anything like that without at least Registered postage.

I would rant, but that's another topic for the rant thread xD

Also looking at a particular custom GHK that seems like the best and worst looking thing on the planet.

aeg-hts-14.jpg

The recoil off that is supposed to be pretty decent

Well seeing as the stock was replaced with a half inch of rubber I reckon it kicks like a mule!

My only problem is how do you grip that yoke! That grip and trigger is so farward it would be just as quick to punch the guy your shooting

I think I'll stick with the wood stock. I have a thing for wood :P

OI!!! Less of your filth :eek:

Jsmurff wrote: »
    OI!!! Less of your filth :eek:

What filth! Have you seen the wood on the GHK AK's? And there's a range of different wood stocks for M14's!

As for gripping the thing. I would probably do an LMG on it and have my off-hand on top of the wood, as if to keep it from recoiling up as much. Only logical place I can think.

• Advertisement

Or you can put both hands on the pistol grip and just run arround muzzle thumping people with it lol

Tbh an AK is the only weapon I would have a wood kit on and that would be either aims rpk or AKMSU but for 105 it would have to be zenitco accessories

I've heard that some GBBR's sometimes wear out their wood stock because of the vibrations. It causes parts to slowly dig out areas that can cause a shift in components leading to malfunctions.

That's only after many a bb has been put through it though.

Haven't heard anything like that to be fair

It only really happens to wooden ones, or ones that don't have some sort of metal shielding between internals and stock.

I thought the GHKs have a backing plate that the stock attaches to

Well I wasn't talking just about GHK's.

Oh right nvm then :D

Who wants a GBB P90?

Because WE years ago teased it, along with a GBB BAR.

I will sell Jsmurff for a GBB P90.

I will sell Jsmurff for a GBB P90.
    First off best of luck with that one. I ain't worth much
    Who wants a GBB P90?

Because WE years ago teased it, along with a GBB BAR.
    Yeah wtf happened to that it was a working prototype and all it gave the impression that the next step was production?!

Don't know anything about a bar but there were rumours last year of an SLR or G33

Also remember that hk417 GBBR that came out? Numerous forum users around the globe put up pictures of the bolt with SR25 etched into its underside so still waiting for that one to land!

EDIT: I'd sell you for a tin of biscuits… or a pint…

EDIT: I'd sell you for a tin of biscuits… or a pint…

Hey now. A GBB P90 is better than either of those!

But yeah, WE teased a lot of stuff that still hasn't come out. I'd like them to just kick down the door with a big bag of swag and just throw around GBB everything.

GBB Lewis gun!

• Advertisement

Well to be fair great stories start with "I was having a pint with the lads…"

I would love a GBBR SLR L1A1 that would be brilliant and with a wood kit and all :pac:

Ooooooooh yes. I love those kind of rifles xD

I just hope NOBODY EVER does what DBoys did with the Kar98 barrel....

I'm still looking for an appropriate inner barrel to modify to fit it so I can fix it.

What's wrong with the barrel on the k98?

Taking it apart to show pictures.

Right, first off, the location of the hop-op. You know how typically the hop up is located at the end of the barrel, and the BB sits in it before it's fired? Well, have a look at how DBoys did it:

?ui=2&ik=c21f8deb65&view=fimg&th=14b097b243947960&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-OxNU14S5MDKUyb_2Lh5FyxcAiQ0tU1YZP_4DCqcq_Ya3DddBRw_TADvk3doQRTFxS8u2mLcncP8PTSoRf_C_-PTbPepAHwUSUddV3spgc2ICJadR7QuLnBUI&ats=1421793786374&rm=14b097b243947960&zw&sz=w1290-h806

A 2/3 circle of poor rubber that's a couple of centimetres down from where the BB enters the barrel.

Now for the barrel. Looks like a standard barrel, right?

?ui=2&ik=c21f8deb65&view=fimg&th=14b097b243947960&attid=0.5&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-0VCgWbiFX0mTGrHt-yf1t1DsYF3dlpd8sl9Q4JFQrYuG5L-GBwYXUjcVAd2MeMoa0KaphAbBZji26iIiE3hvhv3IZz4lvSoVLzo-dGiY-p9LVLkZIPZZyGbA&ats=1421793786374&rm=14b097b243947960&zw&sz=w1290-h806

Nope! Chuck Testa!

?ui=2&ik=c21f8deb65&view=fimg&th=14b097b243947960&attid=0.7&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8LTRPn4Io5gMDIbzoW9jokQbim4kDB1tjezwoejv_0pdq8mvvA2quVj0cxy0SIciEYgkN1C7q_AVirHyYuXQcE3MX4gRYFZHa6ego5x4umtmCSPSYXqzUZkKI&ats=1421793786374&rm=14b097b243947960&zw&sz=w1290-h806

Not it wouldn't be so bad if it was the same inner-diameter for both, right?

Nope! Chuck Testa!

?ui=2&ik=c21f8deb65&view=fimg&th=14b097b243947960&attid=0.9&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ_449j4p3qnCgSA-G9z4TjDay3YHgfeRG4ckr74oYahR9C1NYS6gHfZn2cDAqZwm-2Xm8TwcL-TOkjNHIv4NBM0NjKRTAVjAXOsZQGx6QqnoM-8uW-LPhKP7Jg&ats=1421793786374&rm=14b097b243947960&zw&sz=w1290-h806

The left barrel is the first half. Not the worst in the world. But the second half... *Shudder*

That is why I want a new inner barrel. Will probably cannibalise my broken KSC G17 for its Hop-up rubber. It's awful.

Might be because of the college wifi but I can't see the pics

Without the pics it sounds like a disaster :eek:

Might be because of the college wifi but I can't see the pics

Without the pics it sounds like a disaster :eek:

Loads for me on other computers.

But yeah, any else who does that system gets a black mark in my book.

When I try to follow the img URL I get redirected to gmail :confused:

When I try to follow the img URL I get redirected to gmail :confused:

Should load separately. I'll try re-upload them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement