Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Yeah that just terrible why hav barrel in two parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

No idea. Never seen it before.

No idea. Never seen it before.
    What length is it all together?

Jsmurff wrote: »
    What length is it all together?

Not sure. Apparently a VSR-10 TBB would fit it ok, if that's any help.

I remember seeing some company proposing a GBB Bolt-Action rifle before somewhere. There would be a metal weight that would be fired back once you pulled the trigger, completely separately from the bolt.

Not sure, but I could see it being good if it was a strong recoil. Throw a CO2 canister or two in it and you could have a bit of a beast on hand.

It's even tempting to try do at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Reminds me of a longer ok a lot longer version of the kj 10/22 barrel set up ,

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Reminds me of a longer ok a lot longer version of the kj 10/22 barrel set up ,

Was that a 2-part setup aswell?

Was that a 2-part setup aswell?

Yeah one half aluminium other half brass if I remember correctly

Wow. For the K98 springer I heard it's about the length the piston has to travel and to prevent the BB from coming back down the barrel, but apparently if they made it like a centimetre or two shorter there wouldn't be a problem.

I'm still saving my money for the WE M14. Then maybe spend the money fixing up the Kar.

Wasn't that a concept rifle from G&G?

Gatling at that has aftermarket support from numerous companys

Oh? May have to annoy you at some point Gatling :P

I think if more CO2 guns were below 1 joule, we would have a much bigger GBBR consumer base in Ireland. I know there are enough pistols that do, but not enough rifles.

Where is Italy getting their airsoft guns, by the way? I hear they have the same 1 joule law we do.

• Advertisement

Oh? May have to annoy you at some point Gatling :P

I think if more CO2 guns were below 1 joule, we would have a much bigger GBBR consumer base in Ireland. I know there are enough pistols that do, but not enough rifles.

Where is Italy getting their airsoft guns, by the way? I hear they have the same 1 joule law we do.

I know Germany doess but in regards to Portugal Spain and Italy all thay have to do is have a 5 inch luminescent stripe on the front and rear off the rif as regards to fps limits I am not sure. Using jules as a limit is impractical as this measures heat displacement of a missile leaving a barreled weapon. Fortunately for for us the law in Ireland (derived from a pre-existing English law) states FPS specifically which focus's on the speed of the projectile itself and not the energy displaced by the projectile. That is why I will not buy a rif that only has joule rating and no mention of fps. A bit picky at this end of the scale I know but it is one of my deciding factors. Actually you will find more retailers (both Irish and abroad) using fps instead of joules when it comes to output of a rif.

Also in relation to Co2 rif's having low fps this is highly possible if you fix the valve in your bolt correctly. I do know that when VFC released GBBR 416's that they came with a copper or bras pin with a spring around the shaft as a limiter inside the bolts valve. As to how this works all I can say is unlikeNPAS from RA Tech it is permanently set and can not be adjusted much like the INO bolt in the WA M16 that I picked up today.

Infact Horse84 might be able to shed more light on this as he has a similar set-up in his M27 IAR (416 with 14.5" barrel and 12 RAS) that would replace the S.A.W in the USMC)

This of course is a VFC and currently ther is NPAS available but when they were first available NPAS didn't exist for it.

I know Germany doess but in regards to Portugal Spain and Italy all thay have to do is have a 5 inch luminescent stripe on the front and rear off the rif as regards to fps limits I am not sure. Using jules as a limit is impractical as this measures heat displacement of a missile leaving a barreled weapon. Fortunately for for us the law in Ireland (derived from a pre-existing English law) states FPS specifically which focus's on the speed of the projectile itself and not the energy displaced by the projectile. That is why I will not buy a rif that only has joule rating and no mention of fps. A bit picky at this end of the scale I know but it is one of my deciding factors. Actually you will find more retailers (both Irish and abroad) using fps instead of joules when it comes to output of a rif.

Also in relation to Co2 rif's having low fps this is highly possible if you fix the valve in your bolt correctly. I do know that when VFC released GBBR 416's that they came with a copper or bras pin with a spring around the shaft as a limiter inside the bolts valve. As to how this works all I can say is unlikeNPAS from RA Tech it is permanently set and can not be adjusted much like the INO bolt in the WA M16 that I picked up today.

Infact Horse84 might be able to shed more light on this as he has a similar set-up in his M27 IAR (416 with 14.5" barrel and 12 RAS) that would replace the S.A.W in the USMC)

This of course is a VFC and currently ther is NPAS available but when they were first available NPAS didn't exist for it.

The Germans have half a joule and no optics allowed if I'm correct,

ElSniperino annoy away

The wole joule thing is a bit ehhh. Feet per Second with a 0.2g BB is a more definite gauge, I agree. Sometimes it's just easier to say "a joule" as opposed to "328fps with a 0.2g BB".

I know some people/places are iffy with NPAS as it's so easy to adjust after being put through the chronograph that they don't want the gun around at all.

I don't see it as any different to shifting the spring for a stronger one spring or changing t stronger gas after chrono-ing. Like many other aspects of airsoft, it's honour based.

The wole joule thing is a bit ehhh. Feet per Second with a 0.2g BB is a more definite gauge, I agree. Sometimes it's just easier to say "a joule" as opposed to "328fps with a 0.2g BB".
    The joule measurement should be invalid as any given weight bb and a given fps can be 1 joule. Our laws specifically state a .20gm bb at 328FPS is the the limit (thank god it isn't .12gm bb's :eek:)
    TI know some people/places are iffy with NPAS as it's so easy to adjust after being put through the chronograph that they don't want the gun around at all.
    The initial problem with NPAS is that recoil can slowly but surely readjust it and "accidentally" make it higher/ lower then the limit.
    TI don't see it as any different to shifting the spring for a stronger one spring or changing t stronger gas after chrono-ing. Like many other aspects of airsoft, it's honour based.
    Yes I agree, there is nothing stopping people with the Systemas or ICS CXP's swapping out the weaker spring for a stronger one, which users here have mentioned both in favour and against of.

A bit of glue on the NPAS keeps it secure. Just need some acetone to loosen it. It's how I get around that problem.

But the problem of getting rid of the joule is if it would make any other bb weight "illegal" to test with? The joule, as dodgy as it is, serves the range of weights.

ElSniperino annoy away

Could we, theoretically, import from Germany and upgrade?

A bit of glue on the NPAS keeps it secure. Just need some acetone to loosen it. It's how I get around that problem.
    Oh yeah! Completely forgot that :D
    But the problem of getting rid of the joule is if it would make any other bb weight "illegal" to test with? The joule, as dodgy as it is, serves the range of weights.
    But it is illegal to test with any other weight BB's. The law clearly states 328FPS with .20gm BB's…

Oh yeah! Completely forgot that :D

But it is illegal to test with any other weight BB's. The law clearly states 328FPS with .20gm BB's…

I'll rephrase: Would it be illegal to use any other weight BB?

ElSniperino annoy away

Yes it is an offence against their firearms legislation to have an optic on your rif. That's why in the IWA (European version of shot show) that was in Germany in 2012 or 2013 no firearms or airsoft manufacturer had optics on their products. IN FACT I believe Light from RWA was nearly imprisoned because he was holding a (then premier) G96 with a KA M3 scope on it

I'll rephrase: Would it be illegal to use any other weight BB?

Yes :)

• Advertisement

Well I use 0.20g BB anyways, but it seems a bit problematic in general.

Could we, theoretically, import from Germany and upgrade?

Yes we can

Oh yeah I missed that one. You may think that we could get things cheaper from Germany but realistically there will be very little difference I the price. In general Germany has quite high taxes, because of higher living costs and higher wage packets etc so you would do just as well to sit and wait for a week or two and get it off and Irish retailer. HOWEVER if an Irish retailer says they can't get it in then by all means go right ahead :)

Oh yeah I missed that one. You may think that we could get things cheaper from Germany but realistically there will be very little difference I the price. In general Germany has quite high taxes, because of higher living costs and higher wage packets etc so you would do just as well to sit and wait for a week or two and get it off and Irish retailer. HOWEVER if an Irish retailer says they can't get it in then by all means go right ahead :)

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. It's really just if a shop here doesn't stock something normally, Germany may be able to supply it.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. It's really just if a shop here doesn't stock something normally, Germany may be able to supply it.

Might take awhile though interns of post

I am finding it rediculously hard to find pro win mags in stock in Europe UK let alone at a price that isn't highway robbery.

One guy on eBay is selling 12 at €100 a peice shipped… he's in friggen Itally

I am finding it rediculously hard to find pro win mags in stock in Europe UK let alone at a price that isn't highway robbery.

One guy on eBay is selling 12 at €100 a peice shipped… he's in friggen Itally

€1200 on shipping 12 mags (seller isn't a Gambino) by any chance

€1200 on shipping 12 mags (seller isn't a Gambino) by any chance

He's a &@€;?#%* is what he is!

Found an English retailer that sells them at £50 a pop that's ~€66 a mag which is pretty goo considering they are $68 on ehobbyasia

Is that lad trying to run a monopoly on those mags?

I wish companies still had some support for guns they don't make any more, especially magazine wise. Even producing a handful a month would keep people happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Hey guys
    So I've been giving a GBBR in a sorry state of repair and I've been able to fix it up with all the parts given to me and sourced aome easier ones for me to replace.
    I have a few questions
    1. The mag I have is broke (useless) where can I buy more (I don't know the brand/ I would say ACM as he bought it off rsov. Do you know what kind off and parts are currently compatible?
    2. How can I tell if the gun is open bolt or closed bolt if I wanted to go ahead and buy upgrade parts

Advertisement