Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Satirical magazine... let me guess, Islam extremists ?

This is going to do WONDERS with one of the countries in Europe with the most Muslims in... incoming further rift.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Multiculturalism: a work in progress

Blaming Multiculturalism: the politically correct way to express racist views since ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

This is ridiculous. Shower of intolerent arseholes. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Religion of peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No, I blamed the religion itself. It is because of religion that rubbish like this is happening. No Islam, no Islamic terrorism. You might counter that the people involved would find something else to shoot others over and you might well be right.

But that is very hypothetical so we have to ask 'but for the religious beliefs of the perpetrators would these people have been killed?'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

the religion of peace strikes again

and people wonder why the Germans are marching against islam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Blaming Multiculturalism: the politically correct way to express racist views since ever.
    I don't blame multiculturalism for anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yes, if only everyone was a good catholic and protestant the world, and more importantly Ireland, would have been so much more peaceful in the last 50 years or so.

Do they not teach Irish history in schools any more ?

You comparing not eating meat on a Friday with killing a bunch of journalists in a magazine's office?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

nokia69 wrote: »

and people wonder why the Germans are marching against islam

No

The people who CLAIM to speak for Islam strike again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭DeadHand

But in France are they all over the place? Those weapons were designed to kill as many people as possible as easily as possible.

Indeed, how tight are French gun laws? It strikes me as closer to South Korea than Montana in this respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

And then we question why we see the rise of marches against Islam in Germany and other countries! I await the apologists of Islam to turn up on this thread and defend the religion of peace and say how the Catholic Church carried out worse atrocities 3 centuries ago! Get real, time to kick all these radicals out of Europe and stop pandering to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

But in France are they all over the place? Those weapons were designed to kill as many people as possible as easily as possible.

It would appear so, yes. Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947, rifle, automatic, calibre 7.62mm Soviet, when you absolutely positively have to kill every last mofo in the room, accept no substitutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

A couple of gob****es commit an atrocity and you blame the whole BILLION+ members of the religion :rolleyes:

Not an argument used when say Christians bomb abortion sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Peist2007 wrote: »
    You comparing not eating meat on a Friday with killing a bunch of journalists in a magazine's office?

I think he is talking about the sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland where ones religion was used as an excuse to kill people as well. Jaysus people in glass houses.

Religion and Extremism are dangerous bedfellows no matter what flavour of religion is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Noblong wrote: »
    The French have been coming here for centuries.

Ireland is decades behind the rest of Western Europe when it comes to multiculturalism. We just have to look at them to know whatever associated benefits/problems are coming our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Yes, if only everyone was a good catholic and protestant the world, and more importantly Ireland, would have been so much more peaceful in the last 50 years or so.

Big difference, that was a nationalist struggle and little to do with religion. There was a lot of Irish nationalists who were protestant.

This is just religious fanaticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Its funny how some people will sometimes say militant atheists are just as bad as militant theists. Wonder how many people will get killed by Dawkins next lecture.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

#illridewithyou is not trending on French twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

These Islamic attacks are getting far too frequent.

Why can't the go back to their own sh!tholes and do what they want there.

Give these fellas an inch and they'll take a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

And then we question why we see the rise of marches against Islam in Germany and other countries!

I don't question any march in Germany. Half of them are sensibly dressed babys.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Religion of peace
    Religion of peace.
    nokia69 wrote: »

Oh give it a rest FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

I pondered this question numerous times.
    I believe that Irish people are violent by their very nature, its in the blood the genes so to speak. Based on this assumption I believe that when we have an Islamic terrorist incident in Ireland it will be a game changer. It is my opinion it would be out and out tit for tat re: Northern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

jimgoose wrote: »
    It would appear so, yes. Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947, rifle, automatic, calibre 7.62mm Soviet, when you absolutely positively have to kill every last mofo in the room, accept no substitutes.

see, i was going to quote that but i thought it would be in bad taste. i wasnt wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Why can't the go back to their own sh!tholes and do what they want there

Well it is happening, many cant get to Iraq/Syria quick enough to fight for IS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not an argument used when say Christians bomb abortion sites.

Don't even try to pretend that there is equivalence between Christian and Muslim extremists in the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

Do they not teach Irish history in schools any more ?

Do they not teach logic. 3 atrocious logical fallacies. False dilemma, whataboutary and strawman ( if only everybody was a catholic which nobody claimed. That's your argument. )

Assume people here is atheist and you won't be too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Demonising other people: the universal way for politically correct people to ignore genuine problems which do not fit their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

iDave wrote: »
    Its funny how some people will sometimes say militant atheists are just as bad as militant theists. Wonder how many people will get killed by Dawkins next lecture.

Well fond athiest Nietzsche managed to inspire quite the little (Nazi) party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

How did these f**ks be allowed into France ? I think it's time Europe revises the European social charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Beano wrote: »
    see, i was going to quote that but i thought it would be in bad taste. i wasnt wrong.

"Bad taste", is it? Oh it's in bad taste alright. Lunatics running around capital cities with military kit and not too bothered about what they point it at usually is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement