Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Is anyone getting ready for invites? I seen a fab free invites on one fab day today and then you can print it yourself. It has flowers on it. Might save someone some money.

We did it that way but paid for the design and I have a great printers in santry if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Is anyone getting ready for invites? I seen a fab free invites on one fab day today and then you can print it yourself. It has flowers on it. Might save someone some money.

We did it that way but paid for the design and I have a great printers in santry if anyone is looking.

We're just adding finishing touches to ours and sending them out the second week of May. Very early but we are getting CONSTANTLY harrassed by family about when the date is and no-one will accept it without an invite :pac:

All my invites delivered/posted now and a huge weight has lifted off my shoulders. Didn't go the conventional invite route and the planning and preparation took a long time but I am so chuffed with them.

Less than 3 months, woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Working on ours over the weekend. Have narrowed it down to 6 designs so will get onto that and get them ordered. Have decided to go with Vista Print in the end - got a wedding invite the other day and thats where it was from Lovely invite and excellent quality. Have worked out the price between them and the place we were going with and even with the 50 deposit we paid Vista is still way cheaper!

Dovies wrote: »
    Working on ours over the weekend. Have narrowed it down to 6 designs so will get onto that and get them ordered. Have decided to go with Vista Print in the end - got a wedding invite the other day and thats where it was from Lovely invite and excellent quality. Have worked out the price between them and the place we were going with and even with the 50 deposit we paid Vista is still way cheaper!

Ours are from Vista and you'd never tell how little we paid for a huge collection of matching stuff! We "snobbed" them up with parchment card as a slip to hold everything, still fits into our free envelopes :P
    I love how you can go as budget or luxury as you like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Hi ladies
    Be honest.......would I be the biggest bitch if I made a seating plan......bearing in mind it's a small wedding dinner of 25 adults, 13 children. My plan is to have a long table with the 25 adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

With numbers that size I think it's perfectly OK to have a seating plan, it just makes sense really, nice excuse to have some really cute name cards as well ��

Dont see a problem with a seating plan for that number. Saw some lovely little pegs on Ebay you could attach the names to glasses with etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

We have about the same numbers, I think a seating plan will make it that small bit easier for everyone when it comes time to sit.

And I'm mad for crafts so have lots of ideas for place cards! Saw a few ideas the other day for cool table numbers and seat chart craft things, first time I felt sad to not have a big wedding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Feels very strange to say I'm now married eeeeek!! Best of luck to all you brides ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Feels very strange to say I'm now married eeeeek!! Best of luck to all you brides ☺️

It is the best feeling. We also got married at the weekend.. we both keep sporadically bursting into tears. It was a great start to our future as husband and wife!

ElleEm wrote: »
    It is the best feeling. We also got married at the weekend.. we both keep sporadically bursting into tears. It was a great start to our future as husband and wife!

Aw that's so sweet! We've barely had a minute to process the whole day tbh as we were exhausted the next day and just chilled and then once we got home it was straight back to school runs and all the rest of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

ElleEm wrote: »

Congratulations to you both. :) Hope you both had a wonderful day.

Aw that's so sweet! We've barely had a minute to process the whole day tbh as we were exhausted the next day and just chilled and then once we got home it was straight back to school runs and all the rest of it!!

This is really helpful for me to hear. I thought the venue closure delayed reaction had something to do with my upset after. Its just a build up after an emotional rollercoaster.

Congrats you two

This is really helpful for me to hear. I thought the venue closure delayed reaction had something to do with my upset after. Its just a build up after an emotional rollercoaster.

Congrats you two

Thanks very much. Yeah I had no sleep Friday night over my dress disaster so was and still am trying to catch up on sleep and calm down over it. Must say reading our cards and well wishes in the guest book had me bawling again though. People are so thoughtful and kind.

Thanks very much. Yeah I had no sleep Friday night over my dress disaster so was and still am trying to catch up on sleep and calm down over it. Must say reading our cards and well wishes in the guest book had me bawling again though. People are so thoughtful and kind.

Oh no, what happened to your dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Two weeks to go! Work has turned horrendous for us both in the past week and I'm really struggling to get all the jobs I need to done in the evenings, all I want to do once I get home is crawl under the duvet! Feeling really stressed about everything at the moment

Oh no, what happened to your dress?

Long long long story short, I collected it on Friday (day before wedding) after having it cleaned and altered. Hung it up and opened the bottom of the Zipper bag it was to let the end of it hang loose and not be crumpled. Out fell a bra cup which should have been sewn in as part of the alterations.

Spoke to owner of alterations place Saturday morning and after a lot of back and forth eventually arranged to have my dress collected from where I was staying and fixed and then returned to me an hour before pictures were being taken.

This is the very short version but suffice to say it cost me a proper nights sleep on the Friday and if I look like a zombie in my pics I'll be even more annoyed 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

if I look like a zombie in my pics I'll be even more annoyed

Don't worry, between the makeup and the photographer's magic you'll still look great! :)

Don't worry, between the makeup and the photographer's magic you'll still look great! :)

Thanks! I really really hope so!

• Advertisement

Long long long story short, I collected it on Friday (day before wedding) after having it cleaned and altered. Hung it up and opened the bottom of the Zipper bag it was to let the end of it hang loose and not be crumpled. Out fell a bra cup which should have been sewn in as part of the alterations.

Spoke to owner of alterations place Saturday morning and after a lot of back and forth eventually arranged to have my dress collected from where I was staying and fixed and then returned to me an hour before pictures were being taken.

This is the very short version but suffice to say it cost me a proper nights sleep on the Friday and if I look like a zombie in my pics I'll be even more annoyed 😳

Oh dear. That's awful. So glad you got sorted in the end. I'm sure your pictures will be fine. :)

Hey folks. Anyone's big day tomorrow??

We have both video and photos back now and I'm so delighted with them. On countdown now to a delayed honeymoon. If we could have three weeks of this sunshine before hand it would just make my year :)

We had a huuuuge financial setback whereby our car was wrote off and we had to delve into wedding funds to get a new one... 4 months to go and the panic has set in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Got my unity candles delivered today. Got them from Fanciful Creations, from a recommendation from either here or weddingsonline, not 100%.
    Ordering bits and pieces here and there. Only 4 months from the 26th next week. It's flying in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrates Shybride2016, hope the dress crisis didnt put a dampner on the lead up/day! Sounds like it all worked out in the end!

Not long to go now andreac!!

We got our 1st wedding card (6months in advance)!! Very generous too :)

Do you mind me asking how much people are spending on wedding cars/transport? Are you having a car to bring full bridal party from church to venue? Wasnt going to bother with a wedding car but getting tempted but with 3bridemaids & 3groomsmen will I need multiple cars?!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

I am having 4 BM and 4 GM so we are getting them a limo from the church to hotel :)
    They limo will also pick up the groom and GM and bring to the church in the morning while the bridal car will do 2 journeys to the church. 1 with the BM's and 1 with me and my dad. We live quite close to the church so that is probably making it easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I didn't bother with cars. Everyone needs to get themselves home from the venue anyway, so people may need their own cars. One of my family members had space in their car for my bridesmaid and the best man got himself to the venue as he needed to drive himself home the following day. It is an added expense for something that may not be convenient for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just got a call from my salon to say my dress is on the way!! Should be here by the weekend so im booked in for sat morn to try it on!!!

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Just got a call from my salon to say my dress is on the way!! Should be here by the weekend so im booked in for sat morn to try it on!!!

Think we got ours from the same shop and not too far apart so mine should be in next month! EEEEKKKK

Advertisement