Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options
  • 03-01-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭

Am I too early??

Anyone else here for 2016?

I went dress shopping today, exciting & confusing tried on every style possible and found 2 I loved :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

Oh dress shopping already, very exciting :) i'm trying to hold on until Easter. Getting married in July 2016.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Hey! congrats to ye!

My date is March 2016, all we have done so far is booked the hotel, church, priest.. Really need to get in gear to get band/photographer

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

just got engaged and hoping to be 2016 bride... thinking october but sooooo much to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Congrats buttercups88

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Getting married Feb 2016, so happy we can say next year now!

Went dress shopping the other day, wasn't planed just went to one shop and fell in love with the first dress I put on.

Ill hold off for awhile though and try some more on.

Exciting times ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I am July 2016.

One of my closest friends got married on new years eve and it was such a fantastic wedding, so I am in serious wedding mode now.

Have the venue, church, band and photographer booked. In the process of dress shopping and I think I have decided on the bridesmaids ones too :)

I have actually fallen in love with the first dress I tried on too but I have another appointment next Saturday, want to keep my options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bridie16

Congrats everyone .....We are getting married June 2016!!! Really excited now I can say I'm getting married next year !! Not even thinking about dresses till the summer need to go on a health kick first

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats everyone!! We're getting hitched November 2016:) Already engaged a year but had a baby in August so only started any orgainising in the last couple months!

So far we have the Church, venue, photographer, my dress - total accident, went to a sample sale for the craic & got a fab dress for 1/2 price, bridemaids dresses - 1/2 price from Debamhams online in the sales, just need the girls to try on but they are gorgeous, well worth a look, the one I went for aren't on the site anymore so must have sold out, also have made my own foam flower/brooch bouquets. Thought I had the band picked, but went to see them again yesterday with my fiancé & werent as good as I had remembered, wasn't feeling well though so could have been me!

Kinda want to have as much as possible organised before I go back to work so don't let the above stress anyone out!!

Anyone doing a bit of DIY for their day?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

Hmmm a lot of people seem to have the photographer booked already, how much in advance should I be booking them?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

The photographer was one of the first things I booked, I knew who I wanted so didnt want to miss out on him.

Have the venue, Photographer, videographer, church singer, reception music, band, hair and makeup booked.

Might do some DIY myself but ill see. Have everyone collecting jars for me at the moment, what I picture in my head might not look so good when I'm done! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Congrats girls :) lovely to see this thread and now we can say we are getting married next year.

So far we have church, hotel, flowers, band, photographer. We've picked the ceremony music but just have to pay the deposit. I've looked at a few dresses but I feel it's too early for me. The fear that I'll change my mind. Plus I think I'll buy it online.

I'm going to get my invites from eBay I think. I nearly died ag the prices from here.

Where is everyone getting married?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Congrats everyone! We got engaged in November and provisionally booked our venue a couple of days before Christmas, paying the deposit in the next fortnight. We also booked the church last weekend. Our wedding date is November 2016 so not planning on doing much for the foreseeable future, other than try to save as much as we can :)

Ooh there's loads of us :):)

I booked the photographer and band straight away. The lady who I wanted to book for cakes put up a fantastic deal on Facebook the other day so I'm Gona meet her and pay a deposit and get that out of the way too.

Have another appointment for the dress on Saturday in Jeutonic in Kilkenny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

congrats ladies I'm march 2016 :) cant believe it's next year!!

Have the venue, church, band and photographer booked. Also Have my adult bridesmaids dresses bought just need to find a junior style to match. Did have hair booked but that fell through recently :mad:. Won't be looking for my dress till easter time have a few pounds to shed before I'd feel comfortable looking. Still lots to do but looking forward to getting going the DIY stuff :)

Found my dress today in Jeutonic in Kilkenny, absolutely thrilled with it!! Ordered it and the veil - was included (thanks to my bargain hunting mother lol)

SO excited now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lover_of_life

Congrats on the engagements ladies. Exciting times. I have provisionally booked my venue for April 2016 and have booked my band. Need to EVERYTHING else. But looking forward to it. So far it's been fun finding vendors. Ask me again ext year and I say that will change :-). Wishing you all luck with the upcoming planing. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

We are March 2016. Booked humanist minister, venue, photographer and band. The rest can wait. I refuse to stress out. Quite a bit of DIY planned but not too worried about that.

Hes really involved and great for helping me with decisions. I tend to fill pinterest boards and then look through it again and delete what I dont like a month later.

happy to wait til easter for dress shopping, loads of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CatC01

Congrats everyone! Have just booked venue for April 2016!! :-) Now the church and band are my first priority!

Anyone any advice on how to go about picking band, so many out there and don't really have any recommendations?!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I recommend Venus to Mars, they a bit different but do all sorts. Also moonlight are pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

michellie wrote: »
    Found my dress today in Jeutonic in Kilkenny, absolutely thrilled with it!! Ordered it and the veil - was included (thanks to my bargain hunting mother lol)

SO excited now! :)

haha my mum just sent me an email today saying we should call there.. Are they good then are the dresses anything different? She mentioned another place Cameo bridal..

Congrats on finding the dress another thing off the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

March 2016! Church, Venue and Band booked. Plan is to have the photographer booked by the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brassbutterfly

Got engaged Christmas Eve and have venue booked for March 2016!!! So exciting! Also have band and photographer as well as church. Plenty more to do but feel these are the most important at the moment. No panic on me for a dress at the moment. Loving this thread! 👰

Milly33 wrote: »
    haha my mum just sent me an email today saying we should call there.. Are they good then are the dresses anything different? She mentioned another place Cameo bridal..

Congrats on finding the dress another thing off the list

Hi milly,

They were so nice and helpful, I had been to Eden manor in Enniscorthy the previous week which was also fab and tried on every style of dress so I knew what suited and what I was looking for.

I'm so excited its ordered. I ordered my daughter's flower girl dress on etsy this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

thank you!! looking forward to calling their now..And congrats on being so well organised....

Milly33 wrote: »
    thank you!! looking forward to calling their now..And congrats on being so well organised....

Thank you! I didn't do a thing last year and now I have the dress I want to organize everything!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Ah! July 2016 here :P I've the photographer, church, venue, wedding singer, band all booked :D Said I would get it done asap in case they got booked on me since July is so popular. No idea when to start the dress shopping though! Thinking might leave it off until Spetember (my future sister in law is getting married in August and she said she would help me so dont wanna have her stressing with me trying to find a dress when shes planning her wedding :P)

lots of us for March spring is in the air :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gettinhitched

Gettin married in april 2016 too! Cant get a video guy!😢 budget is 600

• Registered Users Posts: 16 itsme2015

Just got engaged in the last month, looking at Q3 next year. Have some venues booked to view in the next few weeks so hoping to get that nailed down fairly quickly so I can relax a bit :D

• Advertisement

Hi gettinhitched,
    Try DOART Wedding films http://www.doartweddingfilms.com/ he's doing a package for 699 if thats any use to ya :)

Advertisement