Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Faith wrote: »
    I was totally unprepared for our last meeting with the wedding coordinator at the hotel. She wanted to know things we had never considered, like what exact time we'd be arriving at the hotel so they could be waiting for us. I was like "Uhhh.... the ceremony is at 2... so sometime after that? Probably before 5, if that helps?".

It was definitely stressful!

I feel like they should have a list FAQs or prompts for you to have prepared for meetings with them to save time. I mostly email my coordinator but I feel like she must get asked the same things all the time (what time does the DJ have to finish, can the flowergirls throw petals, who collects all the stuff the next day, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

ElleEm wrote: »
    I feel like they should have a list FAQs or prompts for you to have prepared for meetings with them to save time. I mostly email my coordinator but I feel like she must get asked the same things all the time (what time does the DJ have to finish, can the flowergirls throw petals, who collects all the stuff the next day, etc.).

Yeah ours has been bigger things than that. Himself is dealing mostly with it as I was finding it too much work and he has more flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ElleEm wrote: »

We meet with ours again a couple of weeks ago - new girl! We had a long list of questions etc and so did she which was great!! She was so enthusiastic - maybe because she's new to the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

A lot of the wedding websites have "snag lists" that you could print off go through with your planner to make sure you're not missing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

A lot of the wedding websites have "snag lists" that you could print off go through with your planner to make sure you're not missing anything.
    Thanks I was wondering if there was something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Oswin

I'm so frustrated, we were planning in getting married in December with a small ceremony and lunch for our families followed by an informal evening reception for friends and extended family. Found loads of places that would suit us but nowhere will take a booking for a Friday in December because it's Christmas party season :/ Its looking like we'll be going for November instead which isn't really a problem I know but it's our anniversary is in December and it would have been all christmassy and festive so I'm feeling a bit sad about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I tried on my dress yesterday, it was perfect, fit lovely a little big in places as I've lost some weight but I'm thrilled with it. Going back in June to try it on again for Alterations :):)

Do evening invites go out at the same time as day ones?

Anytime I've gotten invited to an afters (granted it was only 3 times) I've never actually received a formal invite, I was just asked personally. Typically a work situation or an acquaintance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

We're not sending them all out together. There's people we are inviting to our evening part that we simply can't afford to invite to the whole do unless people we ARE inviting to the whole do can't attend. So when we get the RSVPS back from some full day guests and have any no's, we can fill out more full invites for our shortlist on the evening list. Basically we wouldn't want to send out evening invites and then contact people to say "Yeah, um, our first choice can't go, so I suppose you just got upgraded to the whole wedding"...

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We're not sending them all out together. There's people we are inviting to our evening part that we simply can't afford to invite to the whole do unless people we ARE inviting to the whole do can't attend. So when we get the RSVPS back from some full day guests and have any no's, we can fill out more full invites for our shortlist on the evening list. Basically we wouldn't want to send out evening invites and then contact people to say "Yeah, um, our first choice can't go, so I suppose you just got upgraded to the whole wedding"...

As someone who has been "upgraded" before, trust me this is not appreciated.

Circumstances meant I ultimately coundnt have gone anyway but I was minded to tell them to stick my full invite up their backsides.

As someone who has been "upgraded" before, trust me this is not appreciated.

Circumstances meant I ultimately coundnt have gone anyway but I was minded to tell them to stick my full invite up their backsides.

I know, hence why we don't plan to send any evening invites out until we know who all can't go. If we sent out the whole lot together, chances are over 50% of our full guests wouldn't be able to make it and we'll just end up with a tiny wedding.
    I would never be so rude as to send someone an evening invite and THEN tell them they can go to the full wedding only because someone else can't, but it would be rather unreasonable for anyone to get miffed because they got a full invite in the post a little later than some other people did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh no don't read to much into lets say waves of invites or things like being upgraded.. There is so much messing around with invites the Bride & Grooms are trying to please everyone inc parents..So I would defo not be taking any offence to things like that

I know, hence why we don't plan to send any evening invites out until we know who all can't go. If we sent out the whole lot together, chances are over 50% of our full guests wouldn't be able to make it and we'll just end up with a tiny wedding.
    I would never be so rude as to send someone an evening invite and THEN tell them they can go to the full wedding only because someone else can't, but it would be rather unreasonable for anyone to get miffed because they got a full invite in the post a little later than some other people did.

Yeah totally agree.

Also, if you plan the waves of invites around people that know each other, no one will be any the wiser. Just be really vague about when they're being sent out :)

You'd be amazed at how rude some people are capable of being.

Yeah totally agree.

Also, if you plan the waves of invites around people that know each other, no one will be any the wiser. Just be really vague about when they're being sent out :)

You'd be amazed at how rude some people are capable of being.

We have a large number of guests getting invited from abroad. There's a few UK ones that are hit and miss (but very close family) and some Canadian, American and Australian. We did say that guests living foreign will get their invites first as obviously we want to give them more time to make plans for getting home. Realistically we know most of them won't/can't attend and their answers will facilitate the "upgrade" of the evening guests :o

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Any pregnant brides out there? I will be 14 weeks when I walk up the aisle! Whoops!!!!!

sinead81 wrote: »
    Any pregnant brides out there? I will be 14 weeks when I walk up the aisle! Whoops!!!!!

14 isn't too bad! Might not even show! :P I'm just after having my second 3 months ago and getting married in 6 months so I bloody better not be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

:P I'm just after having my second 3 months ago and getting married in 6 months so I bloody better not be :pac:

Im nearly 50 so feck that! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oswin wrote: »
    I'm so frustrated, we were planning in getting married in December with a small ceremony and lunch for our families followed by an informal evening reception for friends and extended family. Found loads of places that would suit us but nowhere will take a booking for a Friday in December because it's Christmas party season :/ Its looking like we'll be going for November instead which isn't really a problem I know but it's our anniversary is in December and it would have been all christmassy and festive so I'm feeling a bit sad about it!

That's really frustrating alright. We started running into smiliar issues but we're 2017! The date we wanted in one of our fave venues was gone (a Saturday) for a Christmas party and they couldn't gaurentee there wouldn't be a work do on on any of the dates in December or late November in the hotel (it was a big hotel with multiple function rooms) so we went with another place (which tbh I kinda preferred anyway!) and they only do one function of any kind a day which is super.

Could you not just book it for a party and then just slip in it's for a wedding? Cheeky I know but so what? A party is a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was just thinking that sure if tis a small gathering just say more or less it is a party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hey guys, can i ask a big favour of you all, if you are on facebook, could you please go to this link and click like and comment on our photo. It's to win €3000 worth of wedding decor. Thanks so much!!

[SNIP]

Andrea & David x

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Vote For Me posts/threads are not permitted. Please ensure that you read and abide by the Charter when posting here.
    Toots wrote: »
    "Vote For Me!!!!"
    Threads/posts requesting users to vote for people in competitions are not allowed. Thread will be deleted and users who post them will receive a 2 week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Milly33 wrote: »
    Was just thinking that sure if tis a small gathering just say more or less it is a party

Most places will fill their nights out with multiple parties though, so you wouldn't be guaranteed the room to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Hey everyone,

We had our "three weeks to go" yesterday. Is it normal at this stage to feel that in among all the organising we've forgotten something really big and important?!

😳😳

Hey everyone,

We had our "three weeks to go" yesterday. Is it normal at this stage to feel that in among all the organising we've forgotten something really big and important?!

😳😳

Yes. Just make lists. It'll come together. And that's with my venue closing down six days before and we still managed to pull it off. On the day ignore anything that doesn't go right. Its so small I guarantee nobody will notice

Our wedding went ahead with the loveliest of weather. Despite the hassle we loved it all. I didn't get the nice chilled out day before I planned but I'm over that. We followed it with three days partying so I'm well tired now. Feel like I've been running on adreline for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Congratulations western lads. Just seen in your previous reply about your venue closing 6 days before. I can only imagine how busy you were in the lead-up because of that!

Sounds like you enjoyed the day and can relax now that it's all done!

I've started doing lists already and booked my appointments for the few days beforehand so hopefully all will go well. Having been a guest at tons of weddings and heard later from the bride about things that went wrong, you're totally right - not one guest noticed!

My partner announced in the car yesterday that he's extremely nervous about the big day now as he's terrified he'll cry when he sees me in front of all those people! :pac::pac::pac:
    :o
    Seriously though, getting quite nervous myself. Will be rather glad when the getting married bit is over and we can relax ourselves into party mode!
    Decided to go to Paris for a few days the week after the wedding as a sort of "babymoon" to help get us over the feeling of abandoning our babies to the wild and unpredictable strangers that are their loving grandparents the kids get used to us being away for a bit before we go on the 2-week on in February!

Just over 5 months to go - just bridesmaid dresses and suits to sort.

I. Am. So. Nervous! :(
    Was never one for having the focus on me. I also hate public speaking in general and it's only now as it gets close I find myself actually wishing we did it alone in a registry office where no-one could see :o
    Walking up the aisle, saying vows, shaking hands with people - all terrifying me. Utterly dreading the inevitable flow of "If only your dad was here to see you"... "Your dad would be so proud"... etc because my eyes are practically made of tears at the best of times and I just know I'm going to end up sobbing hysterically into someone's face! :pac:

Anyone else getting nervous about the day or is it just me? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I am starting to get really nervous but I can't put my finger on why. I keep getting waves of anxiety. We have kind of sailed through the planning with a very quick engagement bringing us to our wedding day in two weeks. I am ordinarily quite chilled so I don't appreciate these feelings! I was just saying to my fella that I don't feel like we are getting married in a couple of weeks, which is kind of nice. We dip in and out of chatting about things and are certainly not consumed by it.

Advertisement