Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ElleEm wrote: »
    I am starting to get really nervous but I can't put my finger on why. I keep getting waves of anxiety. We have kind of sailed through the planning with a very quick engagement bringing us to our wedding day in two weeks. I am ordinarily quite chilled so I don't appreciate these feelings! I was just saying to my fella that I don't feel like we are getting married in a couple of weeks, which is kind of nice. We dip in and out of chatting about things and are certainly not consumed by it.

I know a large portion of it for me is just that I'm rather anti-social and a real introvert, but there is another aspect of it I can't quite put my finger on. I know it doesn't seem to be cold feet or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I know what you mean. We are 5 months now since the 26th. Those 3 months are just gone!! Picked up a few little bits recently. Going to start getting other bits now like my candles etc. Just get them now while I can.

andreac wrote: »
    I know what you mean. We are 5 months now since the 26th. Those 3 months are just gone!! Picked up a few little bits recently. Going to start getting other bits now like my candles etc. Just get them now while I can.

I've been making little envelope slips for our invitations which has been a great distraction and we're redecorating and refurnishing a lot of the house before the wedding too. Keeps me busy but every now and again I sit down with a cuppa, smile to myself and then get smacked in the face by a wave of panic :pac:

I'm hoping to get started on invites soon. Nearly have list done so I'm uploading all my addresses on my mail merge at work so I can get labels for the envelopes done.
    There are just so many little things that have to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I seem to be in limbo at the minute. 4 months to go too and Im not sure what else I should be doing right now! Im not usually this disorganised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Anyone have mass booklet templates? I'm looking for a 3 fold one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Hi ladies just found this thread.......10 nd a half weeks to go. Freaking out!! Any who has anyway looked at the m and s wedding cakes? A friend just suggested them to me. Also if ye don't mind sharing how much yer wedding cakes are. We're having a small wedding only only 40 for meal but 150 for afters, the cake is really only for pictures

kidcummins wrote: »
    Hi ladies just found this thread.......10 nd a half weeks to go. Freaking out!! Any who has anyway looked at the m and s wedding cakes? A friend just suggested them to me. Also if ye don't mind sharing how much yer wedding cakes are. We're having a small wedding only only 40 for meal but 150 for afters, the cake is really only for pictures

Our cake is 3-tier, chocolate fudge, rocky road and vanilla sponge and it was €220.
    A relative of mine got an M&S cake and it looked great, but guests said it tasted awful :confused:

That sounds reasonable, I've gotten 3 quotes for a two tier 14 inch and 10 inch and none were below €320

Im getting a 4 tier (4 diff flavours), with some cupcakes (10) and cake pops (18) for 450. Delivered and set up too. That's in Newbridge, Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

I'm getting a local girl to make mine, 2 tiers and selection of cupcakes. She's only charging me €100 and her cakes are fabulous both in looks and taste.

I'm getting a local girl to make mine, 2 tiers and selection of cupcakes. She's only charging me €100 and her cakes are fabulous both in looks and taste.

Any chance she's in clare, limerick or galway?😆

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

Sorry no, she's in North Dublin.

Just ordered my candles there from Fanciful Creations. They have some lovely designs.

Ive also picked up a few signs and decor too over the last week. Starting to get all my little bits now.

I have my make up trial next weekend so im looking forward to that. Was 5 months there on the 26th. Not long now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Anyone getting hitched tomorrow? Can't believe ours is in 8 days! Have my friend's hen tomorrow which I've been dying for! Still doesn't feel real :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

We got our first round of photos back. So quick and I'm over the moon. He did it in a slideshow for us to preview. We were crying so much

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We had The Minicake Company for ours - she's in Limerick and was very good.

Hi Ladies
    I need some advice........ We are getting married June 10th but only started planning 6 weeks ago. It's a small family wedding with big afters party. I'm very much freaking out at the amount of people. Any who. ........
    What are ye wearing the day after?
    What's yer beauty regimes? As in are ye gettin facials in prep? Make up, tan and hair trials?
    Any recommendations for shape wear under the dress?
    What's the norm regarding flowers, as in button holes for immediate family is it?
    What should u be asking the photographer, do they just have a style or do I ask him to take certain pics as in using props and locations?
    It's a lot of questions but a wedding wasn't something I ever thought I'd be organising and now I am and in a short time. I'm trying to keep it low key but figure I can't do it half arsed either.
    Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just wear whatever you feel like the day after, wear you dress again if you like..

Depends on all else if you want it or not... Do you want fake tan, hair makeup done for you or would you prefer to do it.

I must say after trying on a lot of shapewear the pennys version of the spanx slips were great and a bargain for €6 at the time...The do work great and they aren't too tight.... On saying that I don't get spanx cant see the sense is paying that much money for them..

There are some great shape wear tights on dress my legs all trypes of tights there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

They have some nice white dresses on ASOS in their new wedding section, that are probably not to everyones tastes as your real wedding dress, but could be nice for the day after if you still want to wear white!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I find dunnes shapewear fantastic! I like their strapless spanx type dress/slips very good hold. They are €20 and well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Allers

Hi All,

I hope the wedding planning is going well for everyone! Just wondering if anyone can recommend a company that does photo booth hire? There just seems to be so many companies out there doing it I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations or know roughly how much they cost?

Thanks!

Allers wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope the wedding planning is going well for everyone! Just wondering if anyone can recommend a company that does photo booth hire? There just seems to be so many companies out there doing it I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations or know roughly how much they cost?

Thanks!

Try Eric's Photobooths. We have him booked for our wedding in August and he is quite reasonable, the cheapest by far from all the ones i got quotes from. Here is a link to his website.

http://erics-photobooth.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Allers

Thanks a mil andreac! I've just email him for a quote.

Started making the slips for the invitations last night. 3 down (so much measuring!), 47 to go!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Started making the slips for the invitations last night. 3 down (so much measuring!), 47 to go!

Oh good luck! Other half has just spent three hours trying to print our table names!! It was very tense here for a while!!

Oh good luck! Other half has just spent three hours trying to print our table names!! It was very tense here for a while!!

We have to buy a new printer to do up little "places to stay" cards.

Totally forgot about table labelling for the seating plan (which I also forgot about).
    Well, fiddlesticks...

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We have to buy a new printer to do up little "places to stay" cards.

Totally forgot about table labelling for the seating plan (which I also forgot about).
    Well, fiddlesticks...

I am beyond allergic to DIY anything and would've happily paid to get them printed but he wanted to do them himself so I left him to it!!

Some venues do the printing so maybe ask yours before forking out on a new printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen this on Facebook:

Capture_zpsgnwocee6.png

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just seen this on Facebook:

Capture_zpsgnwocee6.png

This is where I got my dress at their sample sale last year.

If anyone is thinking of going, go early as there were queues and the shop is teeny so you'll be left waiting outside once all the seats are taken.

Advertisement