Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just ordered a few bits there off Aliexpress. Has anyone ever ordered off them? I know it can take a while so i just thought id put in an order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

andreac wrote: »
    Just ordered a few bits there off Aliexpress. Has anyone ever ordered off them? I know it can take a while so i just thought id put in an order now.

Yeah I ordered all the stuff to make my bouquet from there. I think it took maybe 4 or 5 weeks for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    This might sound a bit ridiculous but would getting Vistaprint to print them on normal sized invites but the image you designed central and square-shaped and just get the edges guillotined off be an option?
    We bought a paper guillotine for €12 to do the invite holders and it takes 10 sheets at a time!
    pampootie wrote: »
    We designed our own and got them printed with reads.ie, I think it was under 50 euro for 100 invites. You can request a brochure and samples on their website. I'd recommend them, we had them the day after we placed the order and the quality was perfect. Might be a bit more costly for a custom size though

I think it's looking like printing them a bit bigger and trimming them down - I have the paper trimmer already, because I'm planing on making pocket folds to put the invites in, or I might just edit the invite slightly to fit a5 dimensions.

Narrowed it down to either reads.ie or digitalprintingireland (the latter of which is just over 220 euro cheaper than the place i popped in to yesterday, on pearl paper and including envelopes!!)

Thanks guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I get loads of stuff off them. Can take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks if you actually receive it :o
    I usually get my craft stuff there - head busts, acrylic yarn, safety eyes, crochet hooks etc. But I've got clothes off it for my kids and that's where my headpiece is coming from!

I get loads of stuff off them. Can take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks if you actually receive it :o
    I usually get my craft stuff there - head busts, acrylic yarn, safety eyes, crochet hooks etc. But I've got clothes off it for my kids and that's where my headpiece is coming from!

Ah great. Ive only ordered a few bits like Rose petals, ribbon, selfie sticks etc, so if they don't arrive it's not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Narrowed it down to either reads.ie or digitalprintingireland (the latter of which is just over 220 euro cheaper than the place i popped in to yesterday, on pearl paper and including envelopes!!)

Reads do a free sample pack - worth ordering if you haven't been able to go in - I was not convinced on their cardstock.

lainey316 wrote: »

Reads do a free sample pack - worth ordering if you haven't been able to go in - I was not convinced on their cardstock.

I'm waiting on the sample pack to be delivered at the moment. Also got a pop up to have them email me a 10% off code so waiting for that too

I'm starting to look up makeup and hair people now... would people usually book without a trial or...? I'm not local to where the wedding is, and don't drive so will have to organise a day up in Kilkenny if this is the case.
    Also what is the average people would expect to pay for 1 bride and 2 bridesmaids?
    Thanks in advance :)

I'm starting to look up makeup and hair people now... would people usually book without a trial or...? I'm not local to where the wedding is, and don't drive so will have to organise a day up in Kilkenny if this is the case.
    Also what is the average people would expect to pay for 1 bride and 2 bridesmaids?

I'm paying €160 for hair and makeup for myself and two bridesmaids but I live in a very small town and am getting someone local to do it so it's not a very indicative price :o

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Hiya,

I would definitely book a trial for both, especially if you'll be getting done by someone who you don't know and doesn't know you.

If you find someone you like, book them and then get a trial done before the wedding.

I paid €150 for three hair styles and €200 for four makeup so €100 per person roughly for both. This included a trial also.

Even though the girl who did my hair has known me for 10 odd years and the makeup girl knows me well too, I'm really glad I did a trial as I kept the makeup on for a full day to see how it lasted and there were things I wanted to change on the day as a result.

Best of luck with the search but I would definitely recommend a trial for both.

• Advertisement

First of my aliexpress order arrived today :-)

My selfie sticks came. I ordered 12 and came to 24 euro. Just tested one out and it works. Might pick up a few more, ill see. They came very quick. Wasn't expecting them for another while.

First of my aliexpress order arrived today :-)

My selfie sticks came. I ordered 12 and came to 24 euro. Just tested one out and it works. Might pick up a few more, ill see. They came very quick. Wasn't expecting them for another while.

Funny enough I've found a lot of my stuff coming quicker than expected too! :) Selfie sticks for the wedding though, that's a great idea!

Funny enough I've found a lot of my stuff coming quicker than expected too! :) Selfie sticks for the wedding though, that's a great idea!

Yeah just thought id get a few and put them on some of the tables, maybe the younger ones ha ha. Just for bit of craic really.

Yeah just thought id get a few and put them on some of the tables, maybe the younger ones ha ha. Just for bit of craic really.

Yeah we got some for our tables too along with a few props. Hopefully we'll all have a bit of a laugh with them.

Had my hair and make up trial done. Hair was amazing, make up not so much. She went way to dark with the eyes. She is going to come another evening to redo the eye make up.

Also went for a dress fitting and it's looking amazing. I was a bit worried my second quote was too cheap after the massive first quote I had but all my worries are gone now that I've seen it. It should be finished next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Hi, I'm getting married in August and have started thinking about the mass booklet, readings, etc but gettingmarried.ie is down and says "website disabled". Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing or can anyone direct me to a similar website?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Did the premarriage course last night. Booked the Avalon day course and they emailed to say we could do it online for the same price if we liked. Have a kiddo so said we'd try do it this weekend, have to say it was actually really good, we were probably more open with eachother than would have been in a group setting!

Ordered bridesmaid earrings this week & meeting with them today for spa treatments so meeting beforehand to have a look at shoes for them. That would be the BM's pretty much sorted I think. Asked a friend about where she got her BM boleros so said I could borrow them.

We were at a wedding last week & really liked her booklet so I'll be trying to replicate that a bit this week.

Anyone else that's thinking of selfie sticks, I got 1 to test from the euro shop for €3, it's perfect so will pick up some more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 emmabarnes1980

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directing regarding underwear for the big day.
    I'm not getting married until November so have a good while to get things sorted.
    I am a size 22 - 24 but have a small bust so I find it difficult to find bra's anyway. I'm at a bit of a loose end.
    TIA
    Emma

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directing regarding underwear for the big day.
    I'm not getting married until November so have a good while to get things sorted.
    I am a size 22 - 24 but have a small bust so I find it difficult to find bra's anyway. I'm at a bit of a loose end.
    TIA
    Emma

I've absolutely no clue, I'm not bothering because my dress is so ridiculously boned that a bra would be awful uncomfortable and I just don't see the logic in expensive knickers after two kids :P
    Bigger bras are a disaster to get, though. I really struggle with size :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I've absolutely no clue, I'm not bothering because my dress is so ridiculously boned that a bra would be awful uncomfortable and I just don't see the logic in expensive knickers after two kids :P

Lol had this conversation with himself last night. I have no boobs so bras are a nightmare. He is insisting I treat myself to something nice for under the dress - 'none of your usual pennys rubbish'. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 emmabarnes1980

You're so lucky to have a bit of boning in your dress to keep the girls in place! Mine doesn't have any.
    It's horrible trying to get bigger sized bras though. I normally get mine on line or in Evans...they don't last very long but they do the job. It's my own fault, should have joined SW when I got engaged :P
    Thanks for your reply and good luck with your big day
    Emma

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Make sure you're wearing the correct size before you buy anything! And by that, I mean measure yourself, rather than rely on a store sizing. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057596541

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Did the premarriage course last night. Booked the Avalon day course and they emailed to say we could do it online for the same price if we liked. Have a kiddo so said we'd try do it this weekend, have to say it was actually really good, we were probably more open with eachother than would have been in a group setting!

Ordered bridesmaid earrings this week & meeting with them today for spa treatments so meeting beforehand to have a look at shoes for them. That would be the BM's pretty much sorted I think. Asked a friend about where she got her BM boleros so said I could borrow them.

We were at a wedding last week & really liked her booklet so I'll be trying to replicate that a bit this week.

Anyone else that's thinking of selfie sticks, I got 1 to test from the euro shop for €3, it's perfect so will pick up some more!

Tell me more about doing the pre marriage course online, Im pulling my hair out here trying to find one thats accepted by the church but isnt too religious if you know what I mean!!

It's my hen party tomorrow!! I've no idea what has been planned for me. Feeling excited but also a little apprehensive right now! :pac:

My invites arrived the day before yesterday!
    They came out fab, although the company did resize my rsvps so all the invites are a uniform square now but that's ok I got over it fairly quickly.
    Just need to decide how to display them now, if I should just tie then with ribbon or make pocketfolds.... Oh the decisions!!

Ordered my bridesmaids dresses too, the two girls will be in dessy dresses that are similar in style, but the same colour. can't wait for them to come in so I can see them on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

8 weeks to go and suddenly Im feeling completely disorganised!! Completely unlike me but have the feeling I have tons to do and not done yet!! AHAHHAH

Dovies wrote: »
    8 weeks to go and suddenly Im feeling completely disorganised!! Completely unlike me but have the feeling I have tons to do and not done yet!! AHAHHAH

Dovies im feeling a little bit the same. Feel like it's all going to come on top of me soon. I was 10 weeks on Friday :D

Dovies im feeling a little bit the same. Feel like it's all going to come on top of me soon. I was 10 weeks on Friday :D

10 weeks next Friday, and I'm absolutely losing it :pac:

God we are all so close together with our dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Dovies wrote: »

5.5 weeks for me and I went through that last week. Had a bit of a panic and I'm actually seriously organised. But felt like I had loads to do. Took the day off work and God heaps done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Tell me more about doing the pre marriage course online, Im pulling my hair out here trying to find one thats accepted by the church but isnt too religious if you know what I mean!![/quote]

Definately check with priest whether it's ok for you to do the Avalon one, our priest was fine with it, wouldn't mention the online option with your priest! If you book the day course it works out cheaper than buying the online one, once you pay, you get a mail giving the option of doing it online. There's a his and hers workbook (which you don't submit to anyone) 3videos which take less than 2hours to watch, then a 10q multi choice quiz. Cert comes in the post, it's exactly the same as the day course one. The course wasn't very religious, more about communication, relationship skills. I'd recommend, took more from it than I thought I would!

Advertisement