Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Dovies wrote: »
    Think we got ours from the same shop and not too far apart so mine should be in next month! EEEEKKKK

Oh that's right, i think we did!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ladydeadlock

Invites in the post - we're only inviting 60 people or so but I found it so stressful and am so glad it's done :) It wasn't so much deciding who to invite which was easy enough but more that I'm not very good with crafty stuff and neither is my OH but we decided to make our own to keep costs down, and I didn't enjoy it at all but at least they are done. The printer is lucky it hasn't been thrown out the window tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Picking up my shoes on Thursday and first dress fitting on Saturday! Finishing off the invitations for posting in two weeks!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Soooo I got the shoes.
    Landed into Debenhams and they were all 20% off. Fabulous, there's one size 6 left!.....
    Scuffed to bits :(
    Ask the lady if there are any in the storeroom and she tells me that they are reduced because that's all they have left but I could chance my arm at the till where they can scan.

Lo-and-behold - one pair of them left in any size, unworn. In a 6 :D:D:D:D:D:D

Quick query. Our hotel emailed me this week requiring our band or music etc to supply insurance details to the hotel. But it's only a new thing.
    I contacted my band who said they don't have public liability insurance and it's not a thing bands usually have.
    Has anyone had their hotel request this from their bands etc?
    Starting to panic now!!

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Quick query. Our hotel emailed me this week requiring our band or music etc to supply insurance details to the hotel. But it's only a new thing.
    I contacted my band who said they don't have public liability insurance and it's not a thing bands usually have.
    Has anyone had their hotel request this from their bands etc?
    Starting to panic now!!

Hmm, we were only in straightening things out with our venue 2 weeks ago and the only thing they requested is that the band contact them directly to find out where they want to set up and how much space to leave for table setting etc. No mention of insurance :confused:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Hmm, we were only in straightening things out with our venue 2 weeks ago and the only thing they requested is that the band contact them directly to find out where they want to set up and how much space to leave for table setting etc. No mention of insurance :confused:

Yeah i think it's strange they are only asking us now. Its obviously just a new thing but surely the fact that we have signed contracts and it's not in it, they can't not let our band play?
    Im panicking about it now. Ill have to give them a ring. We are due to meet on 30th May and go through everything so i might wait until we are face to face to do it.

Soooo I got the shoes.
    Landed into Debenhams and they were all 20% off. Fabulous, there's one size 6 left!.....
    Scuffed to bits :(
    Ask the lady if there are any in the storeroom and she tells me that they are reduced because that's all they have left but I could chance my arm at the till where they can scan.

Lo-and-behold - one pair of them left in any size, unworn. In a 6 :D:D:D:D:D:D

I got lovely shoes in Debenhams at the weekend on sale, I wanted ones that were flat or with a very low heel as my OH is practically the same height as me and found a perfect pair with a low wedge heel. They are pale gold and sparkly - my dress is ivory but I think they go nicely together. I was so happy when I found them as I didn't like any of the flat shoes I tried on at all and had been looking enviously at all the lovely high heeled ones :)

I got lovely shoes in Debenhams at the weekend on sale, I wanted ones that were flat or with a very low heel as my OH is practically the same height as me and found a perfect pair with a low wedge heel. They are pale gold and sparkly - my dress is ivory but I think they go nicely together. I was so happy when I found them as I didn't like any of the flat shoes I tried on at all and had been looking enviously at all the lovely high heeled ones :)

I also got a low heel wedge pair as my OH is the same height! Mine are ivory coloured! Theyre ridiculously comfy, arent they?

I also got a low heel wedge pair as my OH is the same height! Mine are ivory coloured! Theyre ridiculously comfy, arent they?

Yes, they really are comfy, it's great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Do you have the brand/name?

Do you have the brand/name?

Yes - they are Miss KG Cassandra

They're lovely, I'll need to go for small height myself!

Oooh they are divine! I got Debut ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I'm having such silly wedding dreams every night at the moment. Things like I walk down the aisle too fast or I didn't get my dress altered, lol.
    I was at a wedding in Portugal on the weekend and I've realised quite how much there is left to organise for ours... Less than 6 months to go now, eeeeeek!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I'm having such silly wedding dreams every night at the moment. Things like I walk down the aisle too fast or I didn't get my dress altered, lol.
    I was at a wedding in Portugal on the weekend and I've realised quite how much there is left to organise for ours... Less than 6 months to go now, eeeeeek!!

I am married three weeks now and am still having the odd dream. Mainly ones where we have to get married again but my dress hasn't been dry cleaned so still has shot stains on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Only 11 days to go for me, and I will be 14 weeks pregnant!!!!!!

So my dress came in and i tried it on on Saturday. Delighted with it and it needs to be taken in up around the top of it quite a bit. Alterations not starting until 9th July so hoping to tone up/lose some more weight by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats sinead81, have yous announced the pregnancy or is it a secret? A friend announced their pregnancy as part of the grooms speech:)

Oh how exciting andreac, was the dress how you remembered it?!

How far away from the wedding did yous look into suits? We are hiring wouldnt mind having the suits chosen then obviously bringing all the guys for fitting closer to the time... its still 6 months away!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

How far away from the wedding did yous look into suits? We are hiring wouldnt mind having the suits chosen then obviously bringing all the guys for fitting closer to the time... its still 6 months away!

We ordered ours about 4-5 months before the wedding (Just Groomsmen as we bought the grooms suit)

We just went in with 1 groomsman and got him to try a few, Picked the one we wanted and paid a deposit.

Our dads and the other groomsmen then went to be fitted when it suited them, 2 of them were only fitted the week of the wedding as they lived abroad.

• Advertisement

Oh how exciting andreac, was the dress how you remembered it?!

Yeah it was, its fab!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Allers

Hi everyone,

Can I just ask how far in advance everyone is sending their wedding invites? We were thinking two months in advance but we are already having queries from relatives about accommodation so wondering if we should send them sooner. Our wedding is 09 September. Thanks!

Allers wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Can I just ask how far in advance everyone is sending their wedding invites? We were thinking two months in advance but we are already having queries from relatives about accommodation so wondering if we should send them sooner. Our wedding is 09 September. Thanks!

Can you not just tell them the date and the hotel name and then send out invites later? Most of our friends have booked the hotel already as they know the date and hotel. Ours is 26th August and will be sending invites around start of june.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi everyone,

We are sending them 2 months before because it's the bank hol weekend in July. I hate not getting enough notice for a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep ours are going out 2 months in advance too. Hotel won't release any rooms though until we send in our list - which is currently being worked on! Its a bit difficult though as the ones in the hotel are all doubles. The ones in their houses outside are doubles and family rooms. We don't have many families - well not enough to use those rooms in full!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Congrats sinead81, have yous announced the pregnancy or is it a secret? A friend announced their pregnancy as part of the grooms speech:)
    Yes I had my hen do last Sat so I told everyone last week after our 12 week scan! I am very hormonal and not enjoying the wedding plans at all, which I am sure I will look back on and be annoyed at but not a lot I can do

Congrats sinead x

I sent my invites out the first week of April. RSVP by 1st June and wedding 1st July.

I had them all made in loads of time and just wanted to get them off the kitchen table lol. I've had 30 replies so far from 225 invited. If I take off immediate family who are definites, I'm still waiting for another 130 ish to respond.

I hate waiting ;)

Hi everyone,

Our wedding is the same day and we are sending out the invites this week. Very early but our venue is booked out bar the rooms we reserved and there is a huge Country and Western event on the same weekend where the local BnBs could be overflowing. Plus we have a lot of guests flying in so we want to give them plenty of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elephant85

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I'm getting married in October and ordered my wedding dress at the end of March.
    Turns out I'm pregnant! Which is fantastic news and we're delighted. I'm an older bride so both made the decision to put our future family ahead of a day out so continued trying. We'd been trying a year.

So my dilemma. I'm only 6 weeks + 5 days today. I'll be 30 weeks pregnant the day we get married! which will mean a sizeable bump and the dress I've ordered fits me perfectly as I am today!

Do I go to the shop and see if they can order it in a few bigger sizes? if I do this, do I go in now, before I reach the 12 week mark, or wait till I reach 12 weeks and am sure that everything is ok..
    Or do I take the hit and lose the deposit and try and find another dress?

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

• Advertisement

elephant85 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I'm getting married in October and ordered my wedding dress at the end of March.
    Turns out I'm pregnant! Which is fantastic news and we're delighted. I'm an older bride so both made the decision to put our future family ahead of a day out so continued trying. We'd been trying a year.

So my dilemma. I'm only 6 weeks + 5 days today. I'll be 30 weeks pregnant the day we get married! which will mean a sizeable bump and the dress I've ordered fits me perfectly as I am today!

Do I go to the shop and see if they can order it in a few bigger sizes? if I do this, do I go in now, before I reach the 12 week mark, or wait till I reach 12 weeks and am sure that everything is ok..
    Or do I take the hit and lose the deposit and try and find another dress?

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

Congrats!! Tough situation, will the dress style suit with a bump? If so could they hold the order until your past 12 weeks and then let you change the size?

Advertisement