Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Do you fart Nox?

)

I just don't get WHY. :confused: Boxers are cheap. Buy a few multipacks in Penneys and you won't have to worry about them running out. It's not like they even take up much room in the washing machine.

I'm picky about the ones I like and they aren't that cheap and not that always available. When I buy more anyway it just means I can go even longer without running out. I just don't see the need to change everyday (granted I normally do every second day but need what I have left to last me nearly two weeks before I head home and do a wash).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm picky about the ones I like and they aren't that cheap and not that always available. When I buy more anyway it just means I can go even longer without running out. I just don't see the need to change everyday (granted I normally do every second day but need what I have left to last me nearly two weeks before I head home and do a wash).

In the name a' Jaysis would you ever strap on a (clean) pair, invest in a box of Bold and wash your own damn jocks! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Oh god you sleep in the underwear too? So you leave them on for 72 hours without even letting a bit of air at it? Oh Jesus

Walking around in rancid underwear to avoid running the washing machine is the epitome of laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Oh god you sleep in the underwear too? So you leave them on for 72 hours without even letting a bit of air at it? Oh Jesus
    He cant air it for fear the birds will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Were you on the beer on Saturday night Nox? I expect you were, yeah? Hangover on Sunday, a few sneaky paint-peeling farts and a solid black Guinness dump sometime on Sunday afternoon? Maybe a good 'ol cure on Sunday evening or maybe just a dirty fry up?

And you're still wearing the same calvins? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Are there no laundrettes in your town?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Were you on the beer on Saturday night Nox? I expect you were, yeah? Hangover on Sunday, a few sneaky paint-peeling farts and a solid black Guinness dump sometime on Sunday afternoon? Maybe a good 'ol cure on Sunday evening or maybe just a dirty fry up?

And you're still wearing the same calvins? :D

Thats a job for BARRY SCOTT AND CILLIT BANG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

(c) posters here are massively exaggerating the outcome of not changing since saturday.

You're my hero.

• Advertisement

I'd rather wait till I go home and anyway I have a washing machine.

Its not the washing anway, its the drying. If I had a dryer I's be more inclined to put on washing a bit more often. Nothing worse than clothes permanently on a clothes horse taking up space in the house and taking days and days to even get remotely dry then onto radiators for another evening or two trying to get them to wearable level of dryness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Nothing worse than clothes permanently on a clothes horse taking up space in the house and taking days and days to even get remotely dry.

Gueeeesssss what? Yes there is, one that jumps to mind is boxers being worn three day is a row. That is what I like to refer to as rank

blacklilly wrote: »
    Gueeeesssss what? Yes there is, one that jumps to mind is boxers being worn three day is a row. That is what I like to refer to as rank

How do people come to the conclusion that its rank when they have never done it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

How do people come to the conclusion that its rank when they have never done it?

Basic science... sweat + piss + faeces = very bad bacteria.

smash wrote: »
    Basic science... sweat + piss + faeces = very bad bacteria.

Why are people pissing in their jocks and not using this great invention called toilet paper? Its not like people are going to bury their nose in them looking for the slightest hint of a smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've never had the pleasure of drinking a Chardonay. Is it the type of thing you'd brew in a bucket? I prefer my white wines like my women - complex, dry and German.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. Chardonnay is just a grape variety, and is also grown in Germany, alongside all the more traditional German varieties. It's also used in making Sekt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I dont need to eat a lump of shít to know it tastes rank.

Why are people pissing in their jocks and not using this great invention called toilet paper?

There's this thing where sometimes the last drop waits a while before it comes out. It happens to everyone.
    Its not like people are going to bury their nose in them looking for the slightest hint of a smell.

The biggest issue with people that smell is that they generally don't realise it because they're used to wallowing in their own filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The French are not great on the old Hygiene front.

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/dec/12/news/mn-53299
    1998 survey carried out by Sofres polling agency, the Committee on Health Education, the Federation of Perfume Industries and the Organization for Oral and Dental Health,

40% of French men, and 25% of women, do not change their underwear daily.

49% of French females bathe or shower daily, versus 45% of males.

In surveys, 67% of those French people questioned say they brush their teeth twice a day. If that were true, Le Figaro noted skeptically, sales of toothpaste should be more than 240 million tubes a year, and not the current 198.5 million.

Medical personnel, it turns out, are especially aware of the problem. At Paris hospitals, not counting vagrants and the indigent, one patient in three who is admitted is not clean or is wearing dirty undergarments. “Deodorant spray for a number of us is a professional tool at least as important as the stethoscope," a general practitioner in the well-to-do Paris suburb of Saint-Cloud reported.

At the beginning of the '80s, 36% of the French bathed daily. Now it's 47%. That's a significant increase but far from the 80% rate in Denmark and the Netherlands and more than 70% in Britain and Germany.

So when I'm potty training my puppy and he ****s on the floor, is the floor clean just because the poop is scooped up? No it's not. That's why you use disinfectant (to kill any trace of bacteria) and wash the floor.

A wipe of a dry piece of paper isn't doing anything for you buddy.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    There's this thing where sometimes the last drop waits a while before it comes out. It happens to everyone.

Someone standing beside you is not going to smell what a few tiny drops will do, unless they take off your trousers and have a good long sniff for themselves.

The exaggeration on this thread is mind boggling. I smell of nothing except deodorant.

Someone standing beside you is not going to smell what a few tiny drops will do, unless they go down and have a good long sniff for themselves.

After a few days a few drop add up to a lot. Plus the sweat, ffs man the sweat!!! Not to mention the potential smegma. Jesus now I'm turning my own stomach.

Someone standing beside you is not going to smell what a few tiny drops will do, unless they take off your trousers and have a good long sniff for themselves.

The exaggeration on this thread is mind boggling. I smell of nothing except deodorant.

There should be a smell of shame off you if you're actually telling the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Assume it happens every piss, and give it a day, jaysus, some pong off it then!
    Think old guys at funerals shaking hands with you when you're sitting with the mourners, nearly died myself from the smell once!!!

(I love the image in your post though, this thread is GOLD. :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd rather wait till I go home and anyway I have a washing machine.

Has to go down as the biggest waste of money ever....either that or your shower :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

You mentioned earlier you're not single ... Just wondering, how would you feel if your girlfriend was going around in the same knickers for days on end?

A visual I could have lived without.
    I smell of nothing except deodorant

You smell of BO and delusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This thread has to go into the greatest ever threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

What a time to be alive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Bury Down The Hatchet

When are you going to get it into your head that showering every second day does not turn a person into a walking rubbish bin.

It's extremely annoying that some are so blind to this fact and stand by my opinion that it's purely their heads being conditioned into thinking it. Also as they claim to shower every single day without fail they speak from a position of ignorance on the topic.

I think your head could do with being conditioned along with some shampoo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement