Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You mentioned earlier you're not single ... Just wondering, how would you feel if your girlfriend was going around in the same knickers for days on end?

There's no way he lives with her. He probably showers and changes on the days he sees her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Does your OH share your soap dodging philosophy? Are they happy to go crusty too?

Deodorant masks smell, for a few hours. Nothing more than that. Bacteria that produces unpleasant odour will be growing in every manky crevace you have.

Not too mention what's going on with your cheesey stringbean.

The horror. For the love of baby jesus I hope no one here every has to share a long distance flight with you and your squadron of bacteria babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

smash wrote: »
    There's no way he lives with her. He probably showers and changes on the days he sees her :D

I think he sees more often than once a month to be fair..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Because as a few posters have been trying to get across throughout the thread, people don't automatically stink because they don't shower every single day. Also showering in the evening means every second night you get into bed freshly washed.

Dude you smell. You just don't know you do...

It's like assholes don't know they are assholes they just are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Does your OH share your soap dodging philosophy? Are they happy to go crusty too?

If she does, I'm almost 100% sure I had the misfortune to sit beside Nox and his missus in the "sitting room" bit of P. Mac's on Halloween night. We moved in fairly short order.
    Not to mention what's going on with your cheesey stringbean.

It's only the 13th of January and we have the post of the year already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

This thread has to go into the greatest ever threads.

This thread could do with a wash....

smash wrote: »
    He probably showers and changes on the days he sees her :D

Not necessarily and never had single complaint because as I have been trying to point out I smell fine, if I need a shower I always have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Not necessarily and never had single complaint because as I have been trying to point out I smell fine, if I need a shower I always have one.

So, does she wash as little as you do? Cause that'd explain the lack of complaints.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Alun wrote: »
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. Chardonnay is just a grape variety, and is also grown in Germany, alongside all the more traditional German varieties. It's also used in making Sekt.
    Sekt gefällt mir

I'm also refusing to believe these stories from nox

So, does she wash as little as you do? Cause that'd explain the lack of complaints.

More often than me no doubt (not as insane as some here though being afraid to skip a day here and there), but as I said I've no problem with anyone here who wants to shower everyday or twice a day I only have a problem of being accused of smelling when I don't and would never go around smelling bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

More often than me no doubt (not as insane as some here though being afraid to skip a day here and there), but as I said I've no problem with anyone here who wants to shower everyday or twice a day I only have a problem of being accused of smelling when I don't and would never go around smelling bad.

Drinking on Saturday, haven't washed or changed jocks since, claims he doesn't smell.

Okay then. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

blacklilly wrote: »
    LOR, it is not outside the realms of possibilities that this girl does indeed suffer mental health issues, in fact it is probably more likely she does then doesn't. The fact is, anyone who after being told they smell and are more than likely being ignored/laughed at/bullied by their peers due to their BO and yet continues not to wash, is someone who is suffering in some form or another, more likely in terms of mental health.
    You also have no idea what kind of home they come from etc. There are all sorts of social problems out there

+1, especially the bolded bit.

I prefer my white wines like my women - complex, dry and German.

What a pleb. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

There's more of a bang off this thread than from Hiroshima in 1945.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

ratmouse wrote: »
    Is it only me who finds it disgusting that people ignore their dental health and hygiene requirements?
    I'd say most of the people pontificating on here about showering have appalling teeth, Irish people have awful teeth in general

Anybody else remember those Wayne and Waynetta characters from the old Harry Enfield shows?

Dunno know what made me think of them.

How do people come to the conclusion that its rank when they have never done it?

I did it once, when I was around 13. Wore undies for two days. It was rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd say most of the people pontificating on here about showering have appalling teeth, Irish people have awful teeth in general

That's a bit of an unfounded stretch. I'd imagine people who care about personal hygiene include oral hygiene in their routine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have lovely teeth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think we should change the subject. If you buy new sheets would you wash them before using them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

eternal wrote: »
    I think we should change the subject. If you buy new sheets would you wash them before using them?

New thread then? What has it got to do with personal hygiene? Sorry, but you may as well start talking about opinions on various brands of washing powder or the merits of sweeping the floor versus hoovering.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Always.
    I hate the smell of them when they come out of packaging, and I don't particularly like that starched feel either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Only if I bought them off Adverts from [snipped] :P

Sorry :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

New thread then? What has it got to do with personal hygiene? Sorry, but you may as well start talking about opinions on various brands of washing powder or the merits of sweeping the floor versus hoovering.

Alright grouchy. Basically it follows on from people talking about sheets and washing and so on. This obsession with one member's lies is becoming tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I shower all day err'day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Yeah I usually would. But only at 30 degrees the first time, whereas usually I'd wash sheets at at least 60 degrees.

I think everyone can guess my answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

In order to give everyone time to un-knot, and wash their knickers, we'll close this now.

Shower time \0/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement