Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options

Comments

Or that Germany produces many world class wines. Probably thinks German wine isn't up to much because you can't buy 2 bottles for €15 in Mace.

I don't shop in mace and rarely spend less than 12 euro on a bottle of wine, though I rarely drink it more of a beer and spirits man. I've yet to see a German wines section in shops or off-licences even wine oriented ones like O'Brien's.

Which isn't as bad as not changing your underwear on a daily basis.

Haven't changed them since putting on a fresh pair Saturday evening, still fresh and clean.

Haven't changed them since putting on a fresh pair Saturday evening, still perfectly clean.

*vomit*

You can't be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You have to be messing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Haven't changed them since putting on a fresh pair Saturday evening, still perfectly clean.

How would you, of all people, know what 'perfectly clean' was? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's Tuesday?

Jesus. They must be encrusted in semen and smegna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I don't shop in mace and rarely spend less than 12 euro on a bottle of wine, though I rarely drink it more of a beer and spirits man. I've yet to see a German wines section in shops or off-licences even wine...

Rheinhessen Liebfraumilch was all over the camp here in the old days when people didn't know Merlot or Chardonnnay from a bucket of piss. Indeed many still don't. They were usually referred to as Black Tower and Blue Nun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Oh god. Currently sitting in the GP waiting room, and the woman sitting beside me absolutely reeks. It is vile. I just pity the poor doctor having to examine her. Seriously, no matter how filthy you are, imagine not washing before a doctor's visit.

I remember my orthodontist telling me when I had my braces that at least a third of his patients didn't brush their teeth before their appointments. I nearly puked.

My mother used to pick me up from school before my appointments and always had my toothbrush and toothpaste with her. Into the bathroom in the practice then to brush my teeth before I got in the chair. I was genuinely gobsmacked that there was ANYONE who wouldn't do that, let alone vast swathes of them. Knackbags, the lorra them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Candie wrote: »
    *vomit*

You can't be real.

No can't about it, I think. Just not real.

Jesus. They must be encrusted in semen and smegna

What sort of animals are people that destroy their jocks like that? Some must need a change twice a day.....
    No can't about it, I think. Just not real.

Its the truth. As amazing as it may be to some people it does not result any bad smells.

Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Post of a pic of the offending underwear for proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

To be fair he had us there for a while. He just tried to push the boat out to fair.

Well done. It's been one of the better ones.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Post of a pic of the offending underwear for proof.

Never in my life have I been so thankful for the ban on embedded pictures in AH...

To be fair he had us there for a while. He just tried to push the boat out to fair.

Well done. It's been one of the better ones.

Believe what you want but I'm not lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Believe what you want but I'm not lying.

If you're not lying, there are only two possible scenarios.

a) You have some sort of nocturnal house elf who washes your underwear every night while you're asleep, blissfully unaware. Fair play elf.

b) You are wildly, hopelessly deluded. Your underwear is neither fresh nor clean if you haven't changed it since Saturday.

tailgunner wrote: »
    If you're not lying, there are only two possible scenarios.

a) You have some sort of nocturnal house elf who washes your underwear every night while you're asleep, blissfully unaware. Fair play elf.

b) You are wildly, hopelessly deluded. Your underwear is neither fresh nor clean if you haven't changed it since Saturday.

(c) posters here are massively exaggerating the outcome of not changing since saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've been at three races, all in completely different parts of the country (so not the same person!) where there was someone who smelled so bad that I almost vomited. I'm not talking a bit of BO which can be expected during a long race, I'm talking about a smell that choked you it was so bad. It smelled like someone who not only hadn't washed in a couple of days, but who hadn't washed their running clothes in over a week, it was an old stale smell of disgustingness. It hit you in the back of the throat and you could actually taste it. What was funny about every one of these people, was that I encountered them either very early on or at the start line. So it wasn't like after 10 miles they were getting a bit too sweaty. They just never bothered their arses washing.

Absolutely disgusting stuff. There is no way that anyone would go out knowing they smell that bad. Not a hope. So I can only presume that they are oblivious to their own stench.

I've got that whiff off people at the gym. Definitely wearing dirty gym clothes. Disgusting.
    Oh god. Currently sitting in the GP waiting room, and the woman sitting beside me absolutely reeks. It is vile. I just pity the poor doctor having to examine her. Seriously, no matter how filthy you are, imagine not washing before a doctor's visit.

I was quite sick last week and I sure as hell didn't have the energy to shower myself before going to the doctor. I hope I didn't smell that bad, but I needed to preserve my energy for going to the doctor. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

(c) posters here are massively exaggerating the outcome of not changing since saturday.

I think you'd be somewhat surrprised at the results of a poll.

Go on, publish a poll, ask the good folk of AH.

I'd say there's a hum off your undercarriage that would shame a skip rat.

ps...you're single, right? Gotta be.

Since saturday evening I've
    - showered 5 times
    - changed my underwear 6 times
    - changed bedsheets once
    - changed pjs three times

And thats just enough to not smell like I sleep on a cardboard box.

ps...you're single, right? Gotta be.

Not single.
    - showered 5 times
    - changed bedsheets once

-My last shower was Saturday evening (will have one this evening).
    -bedsheets are the ones I put on just before going home for Christmas so I wouldn't have to dress the bed on my return
    -Don't wear pj, just a t-shirt and underwear. The t-shirt usually does me a week or two and the underwear are the ones I'm wearing at the time.

And I smell perfectly fine. Working in very close proximity to people today and not a single issue.

• Advertisement

Masterful trolling, I'm actually kind of impressed.

Are we supposed to think you've been showering and putting the same jocks back on afterwards, or assume that you haven't showered at all since Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Not single.

My last shower was Saturday evening
    Bedsheets are the ones I put on just before going home for Christmas so I wouldn't have to dress the bed on my return
    Don't wear pj, just a t-shirt and underwear. The t-shirt usually does me a week or two and the underwear are the ones I'm wearing at the time.

And I smell perfectly fine. Working in very close proximity to people today and not a single issue.
    I was working very close with my boss earlier and his breath stank of arse. Didnt mean i was going to tell him about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Do you work in a Lab environment by any chance? Do those you work in close proximity wear Haz mat suits for work?

Tilly wrote: »
    I was working very close with my boss earlier and his breath stank of arse. Didnt mean i was going to tell him about it.

The people I do will, we are friends and will take the piss given any opportunity.

we are friends and will take the piss given any opportunity.

And smell of the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Whether you actually smell or not (and it's highly unlikely that you don't) it's horribly unhygienic not to change your underwear at least daily. You are creating the perfect breeding ground for the germs from your anus and sweat to fester and multiply. God knows what sort of strange willy infections you could end up with from leaving dirty underwear on that long. (And I don't care if they look clean - trust me - they are filthy.)

I just don't get WHY. :confused: Boxers are cheap. Buy a few multipacks in Penneys and you won't have to worry about them running out. It's not like they even take up much room in the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭irelandrover

- showered 5 times
    - changed bedsheets once

That's excessive. Most people will not shower as much as you and will also not smell like they sleep on a cardboard box.

Nox is at one end of the scale and you are at the other.

The people I do will, we are friends and will take the piss given any opportunity.
    Doesnt matter how close you are, it's hard telling someone that they smell. I'd only say that to family or to my best mates. Even then i'd probably not say anything for fear of upsetting them. Never to someone in work no matter how close i am to them.

Nox lets do a little test. Shower everyday for a week and wear fresh clothes daily, and tell us how many people commented on how lovely you smell. Then you’ll know there was a bang off you in the past!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Tilly wrote: »
    Doesnt matter how close you are, it's hard telling someone that they smell. I'd only say that to family or to my best mates. Even then i'd probably not say anything for fear of upsetting them. Never to someone in work no matter how close i am to them.

LikewIse :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement