Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

mc3ac wrote: »
    Tried to book this Dublin-Argentina this evening. Got to booking page and was then after a couple of mins it told me to call Logitravel. They're closed so asked on Secret Flying's Facebook page why it didn't accept my payment, no response. They deleted my comment so I posted again and this time I got no response and they blocked me from making any comment which further my belief that it's a scam. If they can't answer questions and prevent people from making constructive comments, one has to question whether it is a scam or not. Just beware people!

so bored of these scam assumptions.

dont blame them one bit for banning you.
    you go screaming scam on their facebook page when tons of people have successfully booked a ticket including myself.

you got what you deserve mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

mc3ac wrote: »
    Tried to book this Dublin-Argentina this evening. Got to booking page and was then after a couple of mins it told me to call Logitravel. They're closed so asked on Secret Flying's Facebook page why it didn't accept my payment, no response. They deleted my comment so I posted again and this time I got no response and they blocked me from making any comment which further my belief that it's a scam. If they can't answer questions and prevent people from making constructive comments, one has to question whether it is a scam or not. Just beware people!

25 page thread and we find out now it was all a scam. bombshell :eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

25 page thread and we find out now it was all a scam. bombshell :eek::eek::eek:

LOOOOOL

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

pete_fire wrote: »
    so bored of these scam assumptions.

dont blame them one bit for banning you.
    you go screaming scam on their facebook page when tons of people have successfully booked a ticket including myself.

you got what you deserve mate

I agree, how was the booking process anything to do with sectetflying.com, they are there to advise the public on great fares which is great, they are not a travel agent and they don't need stupid comments on their page because someone cannot book a flight or indeed contact the travel agents as advised...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 up-&-at-dem

For those worried about the high cost of internal flights, best to pay for these flights while in Argentina using Peso purchased on the 'Blue Market'

For eg: a random BA to El Calafate return flight on Skyscanner is showing as $3423 ARS
    Paying now, coverted to Euro thats €337 (1 Eur = 10.1 ARS roughly)

However if you convert your Euro to Peso while in Argentina using the blue market rate
    the flight costing $3423 will cost €238 (1 Eur = 14.3 ARS)

Only question now is if the flight would actually cost the same in Peso while purchasing in Argentina or if they accept cash as payment method in travel agents etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

This post has been deleted.

That was true about 10 years ago, but honesty I do it once a month here without issue.

Head for a street called "Florida" and listen out for the lads saying "change, cambio, change"

You won't have a problem. The volume of these transactions has increased notably and if someone passed fake bills they'd be out of business pretty quickly.

For a variety of reasons, it's not just tourists who use these guys.

For those worried about the high cost of internal flights, best to pay for these flights while in Argentina using Peso purchased on the 'Blue Market'

For eg: a random BA to El Calafate return flight on Skyscanner is showing as $3423 ARS
    Paying now, coverted to Euro thats €337 (1 Eur = 10.1 ARS roughly)

However if you convert your Euro to Peso while in Argentina using the blue market rate
    the flight costing $3423 will cost €238 (1 Eur = 14.3 ARS)

Only question now is if the flight would actually cost the same in Peso while purchasing in Argentina or if they accept cash as payment method in travel agents etc

There is one Aerolineas Argentinas building in the city centre which accepts cash, it's the only one. Can't remember the address but it's near my office so if anyone needs it nearer the time PM me.

Bring USD, sell them on calle "Florida" and then head over with the cash to the AA ticket office.

Accepting cash in bulk here only happens with on premises security guards.

C2911 wrote: »
    I think my main problem is that while I'd love to do Iguazu Falls it's so far out of the way and so expensive to get to if I want to take in the north west as well (which I definitely do - it seems to have the most appeal out of anywhere and April / May seems like the perfect time to go there).

Right now I'm thinking of just splitting my time between Buenos Aires and Salta. I meant to post the 5th up there ^ but I can't edit my posts for some reason.

So:

23rd - Buenos Aires
    24th - Buenos Aires
    25th - Buenos Aires
    26th - Colonia, Uruguay day trip
    27th - Fly to Salta
    28th - Salta (and surrounding area)
    29th - Salta (and surrounding area)
    30th - Salta (and surrounding area)
    1st -Fly to Buenos Aires

I have three further nights to use. Any suggestions?

What month are you here? I'd be tempted to go to Mendoza from Salta but it depends on what month (weather etc).

Argentina outside of BA is very seasonal, the vast majority of tourism is still internal (Arg peso is v devalued so buying foreign currency to travel is expensive) so off season you will find certain tourist locations to be fairly quiet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 notreve

Magico,

Are they willing to accept Euro notes just as readily as US dollars on "blue market"

notreve wrote: »
    Magico,

Are they willing to accept Euro notes just as readily as US dollars on "blue market"

Yes, they'll accept euros, US Dollars and Brazilians Reals.

That said, bring dollars because you get more pesos for them.

100 euros buys you around 1400 pesos "blue" as opposed to something like 1000 to 1100 officially.

If you buy dollars you'd have 118 USD for your 100eu.

Blue rate for dollars today isn't far off the euro rate, something like 13.8, so 118 * 13.8 = 1628.

You're up over 200 pesos.

I will say that the blue rate is very unstable, up and down like a yo-yo. You can check on ambito.com as to what they current rate is, they show it on the front page, look for dolar paralelo. Do the calculations in terms of euros and dollars and see what suits you best.

note, not sure about euros, but they strongly prefer 50 notes and above. I would buy a round number of UDS...500, 600 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 up-&-at-dem

You can use azimo.com to send your euro to argentina in exchange for Peso

You send them a Euro bank transfer and then pick up your Peso at a cash point in the city

they are giving a rate of 1 Eur - 14.37 ARS

Might be a safer option than going to the street sellers to exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

What month are you here? I'd be tempted to go to Mendoza from Salta but it depends on what month (weather etc).

Argentina outside of BA is very seasonal, the vast majority of tourism is still internal (Arg peso is v devalued so buying foreign currency to travel is expensive) so off season you will find certain tourist locations to be fairly quiet.

I arrive in Buenos Aires on the 23rd April and leave on the 5th May.

You can use azimo.com to send your euro to argentina in exchange for Peso

You send them a Euro bank transfer and then pick up your Peso at a cash point in the city

they are giving a rate of 1 Eur - 14.37 ARS

Might be a safer option than going to the street sellers to exchange

Thats a good rate, but again you will have no safety issues changing money at the blue rate. Happens in a small office off street, totally safe. I think they charge 4% when you pick up your cash w/ Azimo.

C2911 wrote: »
    I arrive in Buenos Aires on the 23rd April and leave on the 5th May.

will be pretty fresh, cold even at night in Salta and Mendoza. BA will be autumnal, 15 to low 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Evening all,

I booked this deal too a while back when I seen it mentioned on Bargain Alerts so thanks allot OP.

Anyway I fly out on the 22nd April and back on the 06th May..... travelling on my own too so have two full weeks in Argentina to fill.... suggestions welcome!!!!!!

Contemplating flying to Lima to pick up a weeks tour to Machu Picchu and Cuzco........ something like first two full days in B.A then fly to Lima, join a tour to Machu Picchu and Cuzco for a week and finally back to B.A for the remaining 2-3 days prior to flying back home.Any thought on this??

Have always wanted to do Machu Picchu so this seems like a perfect opportunity.

Cheers,

Islanderre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just checked there re Machu Picchu, there doesn't seem to be any direct flights from BA to Cusco? That would be me off anyway...

El Calafate is looking like a very good option to me...

El Calafate is looking like a very good option to me...

That and El Chalten look good. They're just so damn expensive to get to.

Just checked there re Machu Picchu, there doesn't seem to be any direct flights from BA to Cusco? That would be me off anyway...

The intention would be to fly to Lima and pick up a tour there.....
    Will decide early February...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Has anyone else had a cancellation?
    I could log into the Lufthansa site until last night. This morning an email from Logitravel with the refund... now when I try the Lufthansa site it cant find the booking.

Will ring them tomorrow I guess

Thank you for using Logitravel.

Unfortunately your booking has not been confirmed due to a technical error with the Airline which occured at the time of booking. It is out of our reach the availability shown on our website by the Airlines as we are conected to the via their reservation system.

We have proceeded to refund the total cost of the booking. If you are still interested in making a booking you can do so via the website.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you visit Logitravel for your next booking.

• Advertisement

No, not yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I sense this thread has a while to run yet !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Monkeyjoe wrote: »

Thank you for using Logitravel.

Unfortunately your booking has not been confirmed due to a technical error with the Airline which occured at the time of booking. It is out of our reach the availability shown on our website by the Airlines as we are conected to the via their reservation system.

We have proceeded to refund the total cost of the booking. If you are still interested in making a booking you can do so via the website.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you visit Logitravel for your next booking.

Too many spelling and grammatical errors for that to be legit.

I booked mine on "go to gate" and just checked the booking on Lufthansa site and all looks normal in that it's still valid

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

islanderre wrote: »
    I booked mine on "go to gate" and just checked the booking on Lufthansa site and all looks normal in that it's still valid

I think I will try Gotogate although their reviews are horrendous!

Too many spelling and grammatical errors for that to be legit.
    Which means what exactly? Some companies still use people to write emails, so it's not always going to be grammatically flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I'm confident that this isn't a scam it's just a mistake. Feck it if it doesn't work I'm off to the Canary Islands for some cheap diving so I'll be fine anyway :)

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭notuslimited

I rang Lufthansa Reservations today and asked about pre-assigning seats. The lady on the other end checked the booking and said that I would have to contact Aerolineas Argentinas as it was them who issued the ticket. She said most likely that they may be unable to assign seats given that it was an Lufty flight and said that I would probably only get my seat at checkin 23 hours prior to departure. She did not bat an eyelid so to speak regarding the booking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 notreve

thanks magico,

that is some real good info to have

blue market can also be followed on lanacion.com.ar

on another subject, is the metro/subte a good way to get around city? or does bus transportation offer more?

• Advertisement

Looking at it I think if I was going to go to El Chalten in late April I'd need to find a hiking buddy. Not sure I fancy going trekking solo at that time of the year.

Advertisement