Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

yes, posted a few weeks ago they changed inbound leg by a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

I received the e-mail today. All looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Anyone else get a change of flight times from Logitravel?

Yep, got an email today. To be honest I'm struggling to see what the change was. I'll have to compare it with the original email to see what's changed, if anything.

Edit: Just checked the original and the updated itinerary, the only difference is the outward flight from Frankfurt to Sao Paulo arrives 5 minutes earlier. Not sure how they can determine that, maybe they've noticed all the working out I've been doing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

Booked my internal flights up to Salta today. Wasn't cheap. £150 but I guess it's cheaper than it has been in the last while.

Plan is to spend three nights in BA at the start, then fly up to the NW for 5 nights and then back to BA for the last three. I'll probably throw in a trip to Uruguay for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Anyone get the "Check in Status" email? Has anyone done the full online check in?

• Advertisement

got one as well the return via Rio has a red highlight on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Music4life wrote: »
    Anyone get the "Check in Status" email? Has anyone done the full online check in?

You can't check in until 24 hours before departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i checked last night and you can pick seats at a cost of €20 per longhaul leg.

Anyone whose going soon advise if you can check in/pick seats for outward and also return legs or just outward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

judeboy101 wrote: »
    got one as well the return via Rio has a red highlight on it

Yeah I got one to in Sao Paulo -> Frankfurt. Does that mean baggage won't be checked through I wonder?

The baggage will definitely be checked through.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have experience of online check in? What's it like selecting seats? As I'm 6'4 I would prefer more legroom, but I'm certainly not going to pay £70 per long haul flight for it. Other than this I'd settle for an isle seat, is it worth the £20, or would I be grand waiting for check in to open?

Does anyone have experience of online check in? What's it like selecting seats? As I'm 6'4 I would prefer more legroom, but I'm certainly not going to pay £70 per long haul flight for it. Other than this I'd settle for an isle seat, is it worth the £20, or would I be grand waiting for check in to open?
    You probably are auto assigned a seat. When you check in you can change and probably pick from whats left.
    Have a look on seatguru to see if there are any better seats left but its doubtful theres anything more than standard cattle class as the FF's would get the exit row seats early.

Or buy a fake leg brace and hope they take pity on you.

At 6'4 I would pay the €20 each way now to get your aisle seat.

I coughed up €40 this morning as i don't want to end up stuck in a middle seat for 12 hours!

I'm heading at the end of April, start of May. I'd really love to make it down to Patagonia, it looks fantastic! I've noticed this organised tour around El Chalten and El Calafate areas, there's a couple of hikes on the itinerary.

http://www.viator.com/tours/El-Calafate/6-Day-Tour-of-Patagonia-El-Calafate-El-Chalten-Perito-Moreno-Glacier-and-Los-Glaciares-National-Park/d935-3851PAT6DAY

Has anyone been in that area at that time of year? How cold does it get?Obviously I know it's impossible to predict the weather, especially in that area, but any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Am going last part of April/beginning May.

Does anyone know when the best time is to book internal flights? Is it like Europe, or can you book them within a couple of days of departure?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Has anyone been in that area at that time of year? How cold does it get?Obviously I know it's impossible to predict the weather, especially in that area, but any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
    It can vary quite a bit down there, so you'll probably need to bring clothes for the equivalent of an Irish winter and or an Irish summer, and you might need both on the one day. The wind in particular would go right through you when it picks up.

Typically I'd head out with a good warm fleece, and a waterproof hardshell. On the boat ride in particular, I recommend dressing very warm as it gets very cold when the boat is moving - gloves, hats, the whole lot. The outside of the boat will be packed at the beginning, but most of the people on the trip will be frozen after an hour standing outside, and you'll then have it all to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

hmmm wrote: »
    It can vary quite a bit down there, so you'll probably need to bring clothes for the equivalent of an Irish winter and or an Irish summer, and you might need both on the one day. The wind in particular would go right through you when it picks up.

Typically I'd head out with a good warm fleece, and a waterproof hardshell. On the boat ride in particular, I recommend dressing very warm as it gets very cold when the boat is moving - gloves, hats, the whole lot. The outside of the boat will be packed at the beginning, but most of the people on the trip will be frozen after an hour standing outside, and you'll then have it all to yourself.

This.

Pack lots and lots of layers.

I did most of the trips mentioned in that ad, and certainly for the glacier ones I was done up like Michelin man.

When we went up to El Chalten for the hike, nobody (and I mean nobody) would even guesstimate a weather forecast for the day - the weather comes across the Andes from the west and can turn into absolutely anything, so we carried waterproof rucksacks with a bit of everything in them. Wound up in t-shirts most of the time though, or light fleeces.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I did most of the trips mentioned in that ad, and certainly for the glacier ones I was done up like Michelin man.
    Yep, and at Perito Moreno you will probably have to wait ages for a part of the glacier to crack off and fall. It's well worth seeing (and hearing), but it involves a lot of standing around in a very cold place - it'd be a shame if you had to spend all your time in the coffee shop unable to see this because you're cold, when one of the natural wonders of the world is 100 metres away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Does anybody know if there is any chance at all that I could change the name of one of the passengers on my trip? One of the people I was going with can't go anymore. I think the problem is I'm using two airlines - Lufthansa and Aerolineas Argentinas. This might pose problems with changing a passenger name?

Flights went pretty much to plan. Just a few half hour delays due to weather and not enough staff in Brazil.
    Seats were auto-assigned but you could ask at checkin, Lufthansa girls were pretty friendly.

• Advertisement

Is the country like what you thought? What was flight change in Frankfurt like on outbound?

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Is the country like what you thought? What was flight change in Frankfurt like on outbound?

My connection was via Munich but have been through Frankfurt before and it's a great hub. Typical German efficiency. BA is like every city so far, lovely in the centre, bit run down on the outskirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

My connection was via Munich but have been through Frankfurt before and it's a great hub. Typical German efficiency. BA is like every city so far, lovely in the centre, bit run down on the outskirts.

How was the money exchange? Did you bring Euro or $ did you exchange on site?

BarryM wrote: »
    How was the money exchange? Did you bring Euro or $ did you exchange on site?

Just re this im going to use azimo and pick up the pesos there. They sent me a code to use it free 'AZIMOSTART' which saves 5 euro fee.

Sorry folks, one last question. Does anyone have experience of buying flights to Patagonia while in BA? Is there likely to be much availability a few days before your looking to travel or will everything be booked out?

I've been watching the flights to El Calafate on Skyscanner the last while and they're all over the place. They're €299 return today which is the cheapest they've been on Skyscanner while I've been checking, but I wouldn't mind saving a few Euro by exchanging dollars for pesos while in BA and booking from the Argentina Airlines office.

That said I'm hoping to book a 6 day tour of Patagonia soon so I don't want to pay for the tour without having any way to get to Patagonia. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

If anyone does use Azimo could you let me know how easy it is to collect the money? My Spanish isn't fantastic and I can see it being confusing if the bank teller has no English as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Everytime I see someone mention BA in this thread I'm thinking Bargain Alerts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Whats the weather like? Jeans/tshirt or shorts? :)

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ar/buenos-aires/7894/weather-forecast/7894

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

The lad's on holidays. Leave him be!

Advertisement