Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, not yet. Couldn't be bothered with either of the new consoles at the minute. Wouldn't have the time to play them or anywhere to put one, ha. There's nothing on either console that would make me want to go out and pick one up, and my PS3 and 360 are still serving me fine :)

No system updates though, which was quite surprising seeing as it's been 2 months since it's been turned on...

Gran Turismo 5 was a curse on the PS3, big install followed by a huge download, and many massive patches followed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Battlefield 4 and GTA:V were nightmarish. Battlefield froze my ps3 on multiple occasions (mostly when playing online, stopped when I deleted the game data), and GTA:V just sat there for months because the initial install wouldn't finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/axiom-verge-review/1900-6416083/

Damn that PS4 anyway, so many compelling reasons like Bloodborne to get one but then when you zoom out and look at the big picture its all a bit meh, very annoying. And Ill want to play the new Halo anyway but I really don't want an Xbone :(

I think the safest thing to do is just stick with the master race and build a new gaming pc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Axiom Verge is on PC as well though and more than likely a timed exclusive for PS4. Only really Bllodbourne stands out to me as an exclusive with Resogun being an exceptional time waster (in the good non-Destiny way).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No Man's Sky, that is the PS4 game I need, not being a member of the PC.M.R.
    I really really hope they don't feck it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Someone's taking Steel Battalion real serious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As geeky as that is, it's very cool :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Get me, every time.

God_Hand_vs_Party_Babyz_zpst80m3o2p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Damnit, my bodged PS/2 to USB cable didn't work. :(

Those of you with iPAC boards with PS/2 ports, any recommended cables for connecting them to USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

When 2 of the funniest retro game reviewers collide....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Delighted to see someone shed light on one of my favorite ps1 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can someone remind me what other consoles' power supplies can be used on a Dreamcast?

can someone remind me what other consoles' power supplies can be used on a Dreamcast?

On Dreamcast? The power supply is internal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sorry, power cord might be a better way to phrase it.

Oh right, am saturn, xbox, psp/vita, ps1-4 old radio.. anything really.

I always though Nightmare Creatures was a really terrible game. It's one of those games that when you get over the awful gore effects it's a very mediocre action game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I always though Nightmare Creatures was a really terrible game. It's one of those games that when you get over the awful gore effects it's a very mediocre action game.

Maybe, but I always liked it, liked the whole setting and feel of it. It is kind of clunky but once you get into it I think its a fun playthrough

I first played it on a demo with a level of some fantastic four game and a trailer for Rosco Mcqueen. Been a favourite ever since

The game does get a lot of love for some reason but even at the time it was seen as very mediocre and I just found it controlled horribly and wasn't a lot of fun. I think it might have been the gore factor that sold it to a younger generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Anyone listen to the prodigys new album yet? By jaysus she's a stomper! All killer no filler, reminds me of the late 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There's a pub here that has an arcade (Metal Slug 2, Simpsons, Terminator, a few more) with some pinball cabs and board games, a beer fridge, hot food and an adult ball pit, great fun!
    It's called the Ton Ton Club if anyone is in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

There's a pub here that has an arcade (Metal Slug 2, Simpsons, Terminator, a few more) with some pinball cabs and board games, a beer fridge, hot food and an adult ball pit, great fun!

No Pitfighter?! DENIED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

And here I was hoping it would be in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

so it's been announced now so I can talk about it :p not that it was super secret or anything.
    RetrowareTV is throwing their first convention : Retroworldexpo and I'm going as a guest along and staying in the same place as these fine gentlement: http://retroworldexpo.com/guests/

anyone haven't received their game chasers dvds yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the prodigys new album yet? By jaysus she's a stomper! All killer no filler, reminds me of the late 90's

I don't love it to be honest, it can be a little exhausting and samey after a few spins. It's not bad, but doesn't progress them in any way really. 'Nasty' may be the worst lead single they have ever released as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

LongZ wrote: »
    so it's been announced now so I can talk about it :p not that it was super secret or anything.
    RetrowareTV is throwing their first convention : Retroworldexpo and I'm going as a guest along and staying in the same place as these fine gentlement: http://retroworldexpo.com/guests/

Absolutely delighted for you, talk about living the dream!

In a year or 2 i'd love to see you play live at an expo with a loop peddle if it would work with your covers!

Great stuff! Should be an unreal time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

LongZ wrote: »

I'm still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Bloodborne is basically a Nightmare Creatures clone.

I actually really enjoyed Nightmare Creatures on it's release. Remember the final boss fight being super frustrating though. But I recall going back to the game maybe 5 years later and finding it ran like a Benny Hill simulator on my new faster PC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    Bloodborne is basically a Nightmare Creatures clone.

I actually really enjoyed Nightmare Creatures on it's release. Remember the final boss fight being super frustrating though. But I recall going back to the game maybe 5 years later and finding it ran like a Benny Hill simulator on my new faster PC.

Hooked on that game at the minute. Don't get much time to play it so only in Old Yharnam. Really enjoying finding my way through a level then going back and looking at EpicNameBros videos to see what stuff I've missed. Cracking game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement