Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good points on the ragdolls but it would be worse if they blocked you completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd feel sorry for anyone who spent the €75 Gamestop are asking.

I, on the hand, have some beans I'd like to sell'em.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GameStop just sent me an email about this marvellous Mortal Kombat X they want to sell me.
    Something tells me their marketing efforts are a tad scatter shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    Good points on the ragdolls but it would be worse if they blocked you completely.

It's pretty much why the games have those ragdoll physics although DS2 got rid of them altogether. It's ridiculous the first time you see it. After a while it's just a souls thing :)

Bloodborne for me is pretty great but there's no ignoring the load time issue, it's a massive annoyance and spoils my enjoyment of the game after a while. I'd be much further through the game if those load times didn't force me to quit. Even a bit of lore during the load screens would be nice. Playing Scholar of the First Sin now and load times really make a big difference even if when you are actually playing the game Bloodborne is a far, far better game.

One negative about Bloodborne is that it makes me miss Japanese developers a whole lot more. The focus on pure gameplay and it's systems, the music and how while it's not technically the most accomplished PS4 game out there the gorgeous art, imagination and design that went into the game trumps muck like the Order 1866. The West just can't seem to match the best of the Japanese on those fronts but all we have left now is Platinum and From. May they never go the way of Konami and Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Load times weren't too much of an issue for me... I just checked my twitter feed while it was loading... probably takes me out of the experience a little I guess.

Would be great to be able to load from lamp to lamp and not have to go back to the Hunters Dream every time though. Never really found myself running out of blood vials... if I was running low I'd usually do a circuit around Cathedral Ward was a good opportunity to test out new modifications to my weapons. It's super annoying that you get that big pop up message every time you pick something up while your supplies are full.

I'm about half way through my second play through now. First time around I went in completely blind so missed a few things so trying to do everything this time around.

One thing that seemed a bit sloppy to me is
    the door in Oeden Chapel that just opens without any notification after you defeat the Blood Starved Beast. In Dark Souls it showed you the remote areas that get unlocked when you get the Lord Vessel. At the very least they could just give you a key that you have to use or have the NPC in the chapel mention it.

Oh and it's pretty annoying how dark the screen goes and how long it stays dark when you retrieve your blood echoes.

Also, anyone feel Blood Echoes are basically Pepsi? Everyone is just going to keep calling them Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    ...It's super annoying that you get that big pop up message every time you pick something up while your supplies are full.

I only just noticed that the extra Blood Vials & Bullets you collect automatically get stored in your item box back home! I had thought they were lost or something. Handy that. :)

Yep.... and it if you find yourself with a few hundred blood echoes left over after levelling just dump them into buying vials... saves you having to grind them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Any places worth looking at game wise in Amsterdam? Going Friday to stay with a friend for 5 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

There's a nice City of Yharnam theme available to download for PS+ PS4 users. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Any places worth looking at game wise in Amsterdam? Going Friday to stay with a friend for 5 days.
    coffeeshop the Spirit

http://www.nfvpinball.nl/flipperen/plaats/
    132598-i.jpg

• Advertisement

oh god,
    is that fella wearing google glasses?
    morto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

He might have a headmounted gopro

Totes morto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Wouldn't be much into Pinball but it's no harm, thanks for the link!

Wouldn't be much into Pinball but it's no harm, thanks for the link!

Give it a shot and I bet you will!
    nothing like the silver ball :D

Give it a shot and I bet you will!
    nothing like the silver ball :D
    especially after the other substances available in Amsterdam:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Massive fan translation announcement happened this week. After 8 years work Dragon Force 2 on the Saturn has been fully fan translated. Quite the feat considering it's a saturn game. The first game is considered by many as one of the best Saturn games ever made but the sequel was left in Japan.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1622/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone else notice you get an email now from parcel motel when they have received your item, the send you a photo of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Anyone else notice you get an email now from parcel motel when they have received your item, the send you a photo of it.

Ya got one of them last week for the first time. I guess volume has dropped enough that they've time to take photos...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

They always took the photos, you could log into the website to see them, but you never got notification of it until now. you had to keep logging in and checking. they should have photos of everything you've received through them on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Seems they also opened up a dedicated facility for the parcel motel stuff.

http://edelivery.net/2015/04/irish-eyes-are-smiling-at-nightline-as-parcel-motel-network-grows/

• Advertisement

There's lady from Parcel Motel in the studio being interviewed in work right now.

Ask her why it take weeks to send between PM users, same experience the only 3 times I've used it. oh and one smashy smashy and 3 months to get my claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

came across this recently, the video of Kevin Birrell (aka KevinDDR) becoming the first ever non-Japanese Tetris Grandmaster.

Watched the lads play this at AGDQ. It was an eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The 2nd Best Boulder Dash player in the world\universe lives there afaik

Wouldnt bother looking him up though if he is that obsessed with a video game:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 used for PS3 in Gamestop on the way home from work yesterday. I'm on the late shift today, so I thought to myself "might as well pop it in and play a few games before I have to head off". The game seems to have different ideas though. There is a mandatory install that seems determined to go no faster than 1% per minute. Its like we've gone back to the loading times of the old cassette based games again, ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    The 2nd Best Boulder Dash player in the world\universe lives there afaik

Wouldnt bother looking him up though if he is that obsessed with a video game:eek:

Repton FTW!

I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 used for PS3 in Gamestop on the way home from work yesterday. I'm on the late shift today, so I thought to myself "might as well pop it in and play a few games before I have to head off". The game seems to have different ideas though. There is a mandatory install that seems determined to go no faster than 1% per minute. Its like we've gone back to the loading times of the old cassette based games again, ha.

Don't you own a PS4 or XBone?
    If you do you will be familiar with the concept of putting your new games purchase in the console, ready to play, then having you heart break as you watch it spend the next hour or two installing.
    Think that's it?
    Think again!
    Then you may have a day one patch before you can play it online, or play it with some of the broken bits fixed!
    Oh yes, gaming in the second decade of the 21st century is super advanced alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't you own a PS4 or XBone?
    If you do you will be familiar with the concept of putting your new games purchase in the console, ready to play, then having you heart break as you watch it spend the next hour or two installing.
    Think that's it?
    Think again!
    Then you may have a day one patch before you can play it online, or play it with some of the broken bits fixed!
    Oh yes, gaming in the second decade of the 21st century is super advanced alright.

Nope, not yet. Couldn't be bothered with either of the new consoles at the minute. Wouldn't have the time to play them or anywhere to put one, ha. There's nothing on either console that would make me want to go out and pick one up, and my PS3 and 360 are still serving me fine :)

No system updates though, which was quite surprising seeing as it's been 2 months since it's been turned on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement