Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very sorry to hear of the loss, its incredible how much a part of you pets become.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Really sorry to here that, nothing as **** as losing a pet! Just got my first got ever about 2 months ago myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Maybe a "Show me your arcade and retro pets" thread would be an idea.

Sorry to hear about your dog. They are part of the family. :(

In a retro related note, my childhood dog died around 1992 or something.
    My dad wanted to bury him but i was too busy playing Bubble Bobble on the C64 with a mate. I have always regretted not doing that.

Since then its been two golden retrievers and now two Westies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,459 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Awh no! Sorry to hear about your dog dude :( my folks lab passed on a couple of years ago and we were all devastated. Part of the family for years and years. It really is tough.

Here's my new mischievous little fecker. She's already clawing at my arcade stools :eek:

Set_zpslwtwsokg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ha, great pic. I know cats are't for everyone, but they make really great pets too. We had our last two cats pass away about two years ago, they were 16 & 17 and were definitely what you'd call part of the family! You'll see all the traits people associate with great pets in her o1s1n, you'll just have to learn to speak her language, rather than her speaking yours ;) With dogs, it's the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

So I was looking for a second hand baby bottle warmer this morning (as you do), and this came up in the search results.

http://www.donedeal.ie/highchairs-for-sale/breast-milk/9064197?offset=13

WHAT THE F**K IS THAT ABOUT? eek.png

I mean, I know times are tough; austerity, taxes, water charges, stealing money from our pay packets to pay back bondholders and Angela feckin' Merkel's gang. But for the love of God, that's some serious amount of milk expressed from one woman's jabs!? eek.png

Either the woman is freezing and storing that stuff for months, or whoever the seller is, is running some sort of expressing mill?

...might buy a couple of sneaky bags though for my Coco Pops. pacman.gifbiggrin.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's me selling my breast milk. Contact me through donedeal if you are interested.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's me selling my breast milk. Contact me through donedeal if you are interested.

Well the seller's name IS Sarah... ;):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    So I was looking for a second hand baby bottle warmer this morning (as you do), and this came up in the search results.

http://www.donedeal.ie/highchairs-for-sale/breast-milk/9064197?offset=13

WHAT THE F**K IS THAT ABOUT? eek.png

I mean, I know times are tough; austerity, taxes, water charges, stealing money from our pay packets to pay back bondholders and Angela feckin' Merkel's gang. But for the love of God, that's some serious amount of milk expressed from one woman's jabs!? eek.png

Either the woman is freezing and storing that stuff for months, or whoever the seller is, is running some sort of expressing mill?

...might buy a couple of sneaky bags though for my Coco Pops. pacman.gifbiggrin.png

You know, normally I wouldn't agree to having something as non gaming related as that here in the A&R forum, but somehow the WTF value of the ad makes it all OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Well the seller's name IS Sarah... ;):D
    you've met me right?
    6cbebd47jw1ebxn162k80j20dn0atq3p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Slightly off topic, did you get a bottle warmer? Might have one here

Slightly off topic, did you get a bottle warmer? Might have one here

I like my vodka chilled, so no bottle warmers here....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »

tumblr_mm33o0Jbn31ryt3yso1_500.gif

Not yet. Found something on Adverts so waiting to hear back. If you have one though that would be great!

The old boiled kettle and Sports Direct mug routine at 3am while a child is upstairs having a nuclear meltdown and you're in the nip bar your trolleys and a pair of slippers in a freezing kitchen with a dog that is constantly farting and loves listening to Sunshine FM is getting labourious rather quickly. :o

Not yet. Found something on Adverts so waiting to hear back. If you have one though that would be great!

The old boiled kettle and Sports Direct mug routine at 3am while a child is upstairs having a nuclear meltdown and you're in the nip bar your trolleys and a pair of slippers in a freezing kitchen with a dog that is constantly farting and loves listening to Sunshine FM is getting labourious rather quickly. :o

Microwave.

Microwave.

Too dodgy. More of a chance of hot spots apparently?

Take it out half way and shake.

Did you read that in this fine publication? :pac::D

latest?cb=20091101233015

Nah, I don't fancy using the 'wave. Not for a while at least. Gimme the gadget! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Isn't that how you avoid having children in the first place? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I think i may be on the wrong forum :confused:

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Isn't that how you avoid having children in the first place? :pac:

Rotfl
    Lol

Whatever they mean

Oh and
    Pmsl too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Homebrew Channel coming to a Wii U near you soon*

* Well before the end of the year anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So, it looks like my one day old PS4 likes to eject discs on me. A quick Google suggests it's a common problem. What in the fcuk Sony. Going to try tighten the screw mentioned in some vids and see if that sorts it. They sure don't build em like they used to... :rolleyes:

/Edit:

Powered off, unplugged and turned the unit upside down to have a look. Check out this crappy workmanship:

Rear foot:
    pm4uW57.jpg

Front foot (perilously close to the touch sensitive eject button):

joq4TU3.jpg

No idea how they didn't think a touch sensitive button flush with the base of the unit wouldn't cause potential problems. Anyway, tightened the screw, rebuilt the database and have the PS4 sitting on four PS Vita cases until I find better feet for it. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed it will be ok from now on.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So, it looks like my one day old PS4 likes to eject discs on me. A quick Google suggests it's a common problem. What in the fcuk Sony. Going to try tighten the screw mentioned in some vids and see if that sorts it. They sure don't build em like they used to... :rolleyes:

/Edit:

Powered off, unplugged and turned the unit upside down to have a look. Check out this crappy workmanship:

Rear foot:
    pm4uW57.jpg

Front foot (perilously close to the touch sensitive eject button):

joq4TU3.jpg

No idea how they didn't think a touch sensitive button flush with the base of the unit wouldn't cause potential problems. Anyway, tightened the screw, rebuilt the database and have the PS4 sitting on four PS Vita cases until I find better feet for it. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed it will be ok from now on.

Have you picked up a PSTV for it yet?

Microwave.

Parent.

Newbie Parent.

:D

How you getting on with it all Pyong, you getting much sleep?

Myrddin wrote: »
    How you getting on with it all Pyong, you getting much sleep?

I'd actually do anything (but i won't do that) to get some proper kip!

Knackered! :o

I'd actually do anything (but i won't do that) to get some proper kip!

Knackered! :o

Ha, I can certainly empathise with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lads and ladies I've 2 guest list passes for video games live in convention centre up for grabs. Turns out today is 16th anniversary of meeting my wife and this isn't her cup of tea. First response gets first refusal.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    Lads and ladies I've 2 guest list passes for video games live in convention centre up for grabs. Turns out today is 16th anniversary of meeting my wife and this isn't her cup of tea. First response gets first refusal.

How dare they hold that on the night of the Beers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement