Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

There'll be a lets play of my favourite game of all time on twitch tomorrow at 8pm - The Last Ninja 2 on the commodore 64, by SID composer Chris Huelsbeck.

The special guest will be the composer of the very soundtrack for the game, Matt Gray.

Between that and Collectaholics, it should make for a nice retro evening.

https://www.facebook.com/retrospielenCH?ref=ts&fref=ts

11133956_899954073399998_3310712704877049206_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Quick question about GB/GBC games. Is "This Side Out" on the right side of the label a sign that it's a fake or is that just there because it was included in a console bundle? I don't recall any of the games I had growing up having that on the label, and I had the yellow GB with Mario Land 1+2 bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Doge wrote: »
    There'll be a lets play of my favourite game of all time on twitch tomorrow at 8pm - The Last Ninja 2 on the commodore 64, by SID composer Chris Huelsbeck.

The special guest will be the composer of the very soundtrack for the game, Matt Gray.

Twitch username C_Huelsbeck ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Quick question about GB/GBC games. Is "This Side Out" on the right side of the label a sign that it's a fake or is that just there because it was included in a console bundle? I don't recall any of the games I had growing up having that on the label, and I had the yellow GB with Mario Land 1+2 bundle.

Nope, a lot of Gameboy games have that printed on.

Thanks! I've seen it before in online auctions, but never actually seen one in person. I just assumed they all had the serial code and region down the side of the label.

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Twitch username C_Huelsbeck ?

Yep, thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ok so not arcade related but given the interest in all things Japanese... WTF ......

Oh ya possible NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Oh ya possible NSFW

you don't say :eek:

mind you this could catch on here. I've been to many pubs full of W@#$ers

jpz9sp.jpg

thank you, thank you ...
    ... no , YOU rock. thank you...

Dat girl tho...

Mint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Dat girl tho...

Mint!
    "That".

• Advertisement

"That".

You forgot "though" too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

"That".

Dat pedantry!

You forgot "though" too! ;)
    Other word's more annoying.

I was unwooed by the Force Awakens trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I was unwooed by the Force Awakens trailer.

No surprise there :D

I thought it was really well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I liked the Force Awakens trailer. My nerdy fanboy soul welcomed it with joy and warm feelings :)

Didn't get those feelings for todays leaked Batman Vs GodmanSuperman though.

Although I liked "Do you Bleed" :)

Between that and Collectaholics, it should make for a nice retro evening.

https://www.facebook.com/retrospielenCH?ref=ts&fref=ts

11133956_899954073399998_3310712704877049206_o.jpg

This is now live!

http://www.twitch.tv/c_huelsbeck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »

I thought that trailer was brilliant.
    I can't wait fur the fun, though my delight is tempered somewhat by the joy I felt at the Episode 1 trailer, with no hint of the Binks-ean nightmare ahead.

I thought it was exactly the kind of fan pandering nonsense that it was going to be, which is why it left no impression on me. At least the first one had the benefit of being "oh hey, a new Star Wars movie is coming". 'Tis no Mad Max Fury Road.
    Steve X2 wrote: »
    I liked the Force Awakens trailer. My nerdy fanboy soul welcomed it with joy and warm feelings :)

Didn't get those feelings for todays leaked Batman Vs GodmanSuperman though.

Although I liked "Do you Bleed" :)
    Godman, you say?

GodMan3.gif

Batman V Superman is looking to do something I dread to see. Bats somehow managing to hold his own against Supes because of that whole stupid "prep time" shtick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the jaded cynicism of some commentators about the trailer just informs more on their own dislike of the franchise, at best after the original trilogy.
    The purpose of the trailer is to promote the upcoming movie, give some indication of the content, some sign off the connective tissue with the previous parts to the saga whilst showing the new, see the action, the light and the dark.
    I think it did quite a good job and, to be honest, if you can't enjoy it I have a feeling it says more about you than it.

The thing about the Batman Vs Superman trailer is lack of context, we don't know what they'll do with it, but the crisis accepting Supes, especially after the resolution and destruction of the first movie is perfect and realistic.
    An older Batman, a psychopath vigilante, looks great too.
    It certainly eschews the comic book pop art colours of Watchmen and the CGI music video that was Sucker punch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just waiting in the airport for my flight to Japan. See you guys in 3 weeks hopefully with a mother lode of gets. I had the newbie with bad English booking my luggage in... Somehow I fear my baggage is going to be left in Copenhagen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just waiting in the airport for my flight to Japan. See you guys in 3 weeks hopefully with a mother lode of gets. I had the newbie with bad English booking my luggage in... Somehow I fear my baggage is going to be left in Copenhagen.

Best of luck, lots of pictures, very jealous

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's never fair to write off a film a year before release.

With a Zack Snyder film, I can make an exception though :p

I've been in work since half 9. I think I'd rather have my luggage go missing!

Enjoy!

We'll ring ahead and let them know you have a couple of keys of coke in your rectum.
    Happy trails!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Safe travels Mr. Retr0!

Hope we don't see you on that gameshow that was posted yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Enjoy retr0! Dont do anything I wouldn't

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think the jaded cynicism of some commentators about the trailer just informs more on their own dislike of the franchise, at best after the original trilogy.
    The purpose of the trailer is to promote the upcoming movie, give some indication of the content, some sign off the connective tissue with the previous parts to the saga whilst showing the new, see the action, the light and the dark.
    I think it did quite a good job and, to be honest, if you can't enjoy it I have a feeling it says more about you than it.
    What? A New Hope and Empire are great films. It's more to do with the fans of the franchise that really put me off the series. And seeing how the trailer seemed built around those folks...yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What? A New Hope and Empire are great films. It's more to do with the fans of the franchise that really put me off the series. And seeing how the trailer seemed built around those folks...yeah.

Ah give over man :) It's the revival of a saga everyone thought was done...there's celebration for everyone in that new trailer, newcomers, long time fans, rabid fans. The only thing more annoying than overly rabid SW fans are the "critics" of SW. Yes there has been much to keep the genuine critics busy in recent times (see the whole prequel trilogy), but when it's new, fresh, & seemingly making genuine efforts to return to what made it great it just makes the armchair critics seem like they need to get over things a little :o

Ah give over man :) It's the revival of a saga everyone thought was done...there's celebration for everyone in that new trailer, newcomers, long time fans, rabid fans. The only thing more annoying than overly rabid SW fans are the "critics" of SW. Yes there has been much to keep the genuine critics busy in recent times (see the whole prequel trilogy), but when it's new, fresh, & seemingly making genuine efforts to return to what made it great it just makes the armchair critics seem like they need to get over things a little :o
    Yeah, but...I just want a fresh take on the series rather than simply just hanging on to the vestiges of the Original Trilogy that would only make those rabid fans go "SQUEEEE!". Which is why I'm hoping Rian Johnson's Episode VIII will finally do its own thing, much less burdened by what we would have come to expect and maybe take some unpredictable risks that will certainly irritate many fans, but actually elevate the quality of the series in the long term. Remember, back in 1977, the original Star Wars was considered a fairly risky property during an era when ambitious auteur driven works of film was considered the norm. And I feel that the series deserves to be that again. Oh sure, I'm certain VII will be a fun ride, but I also feel that it's not really gonna pull any punches. Even the possibility of, say, killing off Han Solo would feel a tad predictable, because of our own knowledge of Star Wars' background and production. So yeah...I'm not really annoyed that Star Wars is back, but I feel it deserves to be more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I absolutely loved the new Fast and Furious!

[IMG]http://[/img]http://media.giphy.com/media/SQrIdCvhtXZuM/giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement