Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another black teenager shot by police in St Louis

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Egginacup wrote: »
    Feck it! It's the season of goodwill to all men, so as the friends and family of Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner and the guy who was shot dead in the shop...what was his name? and this guy, wail in anguish and pain and misery at their hopelessness this Christmas and New Year, I'd like to wish Happy Christmas to them, but also to the ones who are delighted that they are dead.

Who's delighted now ? Most people are pointing out how his own actions lead to him being shot. And not police running around shooting people at random.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

pointing loaded gun at police

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Egginacup wrote: »
    Feck it! It's the season of goodwill to all men, so as the friends and family of Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner and the guy who was shot dead in the shop...what was his name? and this guy, wail in anguish and pain and misery at their hopelessness this Christmas and New Year, I'd like to wish Happy Christmas to them, but also to the ones who are delighted that they are dead.

Noone has expressed delight at his death, simply being pointed out to you thst someone who points a gun at a cop is a thug, and is in all likelihood going to shoot this cop.

Cop then has 2 choices, let the boy with the gun aim at him, hope he doesn't fire, or prrotect himself by taking out the threat.

If you were the cop which option would you prefer to pick?

It's awful, but to in anyway say the teen didn't bring it on himself is just trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would love to know what these people would do if someone pulled a gun or knife on them....

I know for one i would not go without a fight.

Serious evil scum out there.

In the case of the child that was shot ack a while he should not have been out with such a toy which could easily be mistaken for a real weapon and then keep it up instead of dropping. I feel bad for the young guy his family and of course the officer and emergency services as this was tragic and the officer in no way would want to have this hanging over them for the rest of their lives.

Sad world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

braddun wrote: »
    pointing loaded gun at police

'Suicide By Cop' is another name for that in the States, you point a pistol at a police officer and you'll be put down with plenty of rounds fired into you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The joys of living in a society that is awash with guns. The kids mother says he didn't have a gun.... like he'd tell her if he did. I know one thing for sure id hate to be a police officer or a young black male in the USA right now. There is some interesting stuff in this thread from reddit if you've got time to read it http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/2q9wwe/when_we_hear_members_of_the_nypd_union_leadership/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Chris___ wrote: »
    Apparently the guy never pointed a gun at the officer despite seen to in the CCTV. The camera never lies. Also there's no doubt footage of this caught on the dash cam.

'coincidentally', both the officer's body camera and the dash camera were reportedly not turned on during the incident.

Riiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Overheal wrote: »
    'coincidentally', both the officer's body camera and the dash camera were reportedly not turned on during the incident.

Riiiight.

I'm not sure they are wearing body camers yet but regarding the police car camera, from reading this article:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120641/antonio-martins-death-shows-limitations-dashboard-and-body-camera

The cameras are only activated if the lights are turned on. Seeing as it was just a routine check the officer must have thought there was no need to turn them on.
    I seriously don't believe the cop saw a couple of these kids and thought "they would have a gun so I'll keep the camera off and get away with murder".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Overheal wrote: »

Riiiight.

Why do people refuse to believe tbe CCTV that we actually do have then?! More isn't really required surely.. A gun being pointed is shown..

Yano what the dash cam would show? A gun being pointed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Bit like Michael Brown, CCTV showed him robbing the shop and assaulting the owner, then after the shooting the physical evidence, i.e. ballistics, verified officer Wilson's story.

Yet still according to some MB was helpless innocent victim of a trigger happy KKK sympathising murdering cop. Paraphrasing one of them: "Wilson should have kept his gun out of MBs reach" or "MB was just in a bit of rough play" ... And yet those same people take no responsibility when months of cop-hating race-baiting culminates in the execution of two innocent policemen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lol. The genius drew a gun, what was the cop supposed to do?

Long thread/didn't read it all.... Has anyone suggested the cop should have shot the gun from the guys hands yet?.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Noone has expressed delight at his death, simply being pointed out to you thst someone who points a gun at a cop is a thug, and is in all likelihood going to shoot this cop.

Cop then has 2 choices, let the boy with the gun aim at him, hope he doesn't fire, or prrotect himself by taking out the threat.

If you were the cop which option would you prefer to pick?

It's awful, but to in anyway say the teen didn't bring it on himself is just trolling
    no its not trolling

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

'Suicide By Cop' is another name for that in the States, you point a pistol at a police officer and you'll be put down with plenty of rounds fired into you.
    yes, completely riddled while the vermin cop lives out his fantasy

bear1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure they are wearing body camers yet but regarding the police car camera, from reading this article:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120641/antonio-martins-death-shows-limitations-dashboard-and-body-camera

The cameras are only activated if the lights are turned on. Seeing as it was just a routine check the officer must have thought there was no need to turn them on.
    I seriously don't believe the cop saw a couple of these kids and thought "they would have a gun so I'll keep the camera off and get away with murder".
    with the way things are in that country, maybe they did

SeanW wrote: »
    Bit like Michael Brown, CCTV showed him robbing the shop and assaulting the owner, then after the shooting the physical evidence, i.e. ballistics, verified officer Wilson's story.

yet his story doesn't add up. wilson is a lier who got lucky. the "evidence" was never going to go against his sort, it never does. and the prosecutor had links with that police force. that says it all.
    Yet still according to some MB was helpless innocent victim of a trigger happy KKK sympathising murdering cop.

trigger happy at least.
    yet those same people take no responsibility when months of cop-hating race-baiting culminates in the execution of two innocent policemen.

not their job to take responsibility for anything. only those who shot the cops are responsible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone else remember when this used to be called back seat modding?
    Maybe trolling is OK now so it's OK to accuse people of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

yes, completely riddled while the vermin cop lives out his fantacy

What's that? Not dying? If that's the case there's a lot of vermin in the world.
    yet his story doesn't add up. wilson is a lier who got lucky. the "evidence" was never going to go against his sort, it never does. and the prosecutor had links with that police force. that says it all.

No it doesn't. All prosecutors have links with police. They work with them to prosecute offenders. It was the grand jury that made the decision, not the prosecutor, and they did it having examined the evidence that you simply ignore.
    not their job to take responsibility for anything. only those who shot the cops are responsible.

And by the same token .only those cops who have done bad should be responsible for their behaviour, yet you label all as vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Long thread/didn't read it all.... Has anyone suggested the cop should have shot the gun from the guys hands yet?.

Close Alistair Hollow Stewardess someone reckoned he should have being winged ie just shot in the legs but didn't account for him still having the gun in his hands and the use of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

CCTV shows he paid for the cigars, not that it matters since the store fidnt even call the cops, why you always gotta be so problematic SeanW?

Close Makikomi someone reckoned he should have being winged ie just shot in the legs but didn't account for him still having the gun in his hands and the use of them.

lol, mad.

Anyone points a gun at me and the f*cker is getting shot, simple as.. Of course I'd rather they lived and not died ~ death is such a hassle after all.

But yea, defo shot the idiot and it won't be in the legs either.

• Advertisement

No it doesn't. All prosecutors have links with police. They work with them to prosecute offenders.

yes it does. the prosecutor had "links" with the police which could mean bias with the case.
    It was the grand jury that made the decision, not the prosecutor, and they did it having examined the evidence that you simply ignore.

debatible. we don't and won't know what exactly was put to them.
    by the same token .only those cops who have done bad should be responsible for their behaviour, yet you label all as vermin.

no i don't, all though i do agree that in america, standards are low when it comes to those allowed into the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

lol, mad.

Anyone points a gun at me and the f*cker is getting shot, simple as.. Of course I'd rather they lived and not died ~ death is such a hassle after all.

But yea, defo shot the idiot and it won't be in the legs either.

Yeah I can imagine all the paperwork would be a hassle and I'm sure some health and safety eejit would have to stick his oar in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

yes it does. the prosecutor had "links" with the police which could mean bias with the case.

debatible. we don't and won't know what exactly was put to them.

no i don't, all though i do agree that in america, standards are low when it comes to those allowed into the police.

How were the grand Jury's Biased then ?

If you don't know what was put to them how the hell do you know it was biased ?

Yeah I can imagine all the paperwork would be a hassle

rightly so
    I'm sure some health and safety eejit would have to stick his oar in as well.

health and safety people are not ejits. they are vital in ensuring high standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

If the guy pointed the gun at the cop he deserved to be shot dead imo. They can pitch it all they want cops v blacks or blacks v whites etc but at the end of the day its the retarded American politicians and crazy laws that are responsible for this and in general the decline of their country. I don't think they give a f**k though.

If the guy pointed the gun at the cop he deserved to be shot dead imo. .

Well shot anyway, I'm not sure about the dead bit. But if that (death) is a consequence of pointing your gun at a cop/soldier well so be it, I see little to dispute or cry over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

rightly so

health and safety people are not ejits. they are vital in ensuring high standards.

well that shows exactly the sort of person you are doesnt it !

you dont seem to understand how the judicial system works in america,
    the cops gather evidence to be presented by the prosecutor to the grand jury who look at all the evidence and make a informed choice, rather than some people who look at a few videos on you tub or listen to al sharpton or some other race baiter and sprout off on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

yes, completely riddled while the vermin cop lives out his fantasy

You're a little biased against police and the concept of policing aren't you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Sand wrote: »
    You're a little biased against police and the concept of policing aren't you?

:P he properly didn't really deserve the speeding ticket that set him on that road to thug life :-) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

mynamejeff wrote: »
    :P he properly didn't really deserve the speeding ticket that set him on that road to thug life :-) :-)

Probably got caught with some hash when he was 16 and now 'HATES DA PIGS!'

Advertisement