Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another black teenager shot by police in St Louis

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

twinytwo wrote: »
    You need a special license to carry a weapon in public in most (if not all states) in America, either concealed carry or not.

You have to be able to provide this license when asked.

This is a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

chupacabra wrote: »
    One less violent thug in the world.
    yeah, must keep "da blackies" in their place, right? revolting

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

UCDVet wrote: »
    Unless there is an invading army approaching or you are facing serious danger - you shouldn't have a gun.

tell that to the whole of murika
    If you pull a gun on someone who isn't threatening your life, you deserve to be shot.

no you don't.
    This kid pulled out a gun and pointed it at someone who didn't present an immediate threat to his safety.

how do you know he wasn't an immediat threat to his safety
    He deserved to be shot.

no he didn't
    Kudos to the cop.

yes. Kudos to the cop for putting blacky in his place, right? yeah, got it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No, but it's hard to have any sympathy for people, people who are shown on camera, aiming a pistol at a police officer..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

no you don't.

no he didn't

Stop trying to make this into a racist thing.

He's shown on camera aiming a gun at a police offer, his race has nothing to play with what the footage shows.

The officer didn't have much alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭SeanW

mynamejeff wrote: »
    what and where did i comment on ukranian anything ? think your mistaken , ill stand by for an apology......
    My apologies, I was agreeing with you, and referring to Egginacup. Post edited.

That poster extensively cited Russia Today as "proof" that the Ukranian resistance to Russias landgrabbing was all Nazis and that the Ukranians were in a conspiracy to bring down MH-17 or direct it into danger to make Russia look bad.

Not exactly unbiased, either the poster or any of his/her skewed sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

he was supposed to be wearing it. so your question is invalid. not only would it definitely show what happened, but by not wearing it the officer has shown he has something to hide

Nope he was issued with one (Yet to see any information on that) And he may not have had training or had the correct set-up in the squad car to facilitate this. The CCTV and officers statements tell us exactly what happened. Or we back to not trust "Whitey" aka the police. Interesting the Fist act of the assembled mob was to start looting.

Chris___ wrote: »
    You know nothing about this Policeman.

i wouldn't want to know anything about low grade riff raff. i like only to know about those with good morals.
    Chris___ wrote: »
    CCTV proves this officer did his duty.

he didn't. he did what he wanted making an all ready volitile situation worse. he is a threat to society and hopefully won't be working again as a cop as he is a liability

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I'd like to see the liberals enjoy their cop free utopia.

Most human beings who have shred of empathy and dignity and a yearning to enjoy their lives would like a police force as a well paid, well trained, polite body of personnel who didn't look for an excuse to live out their sadistic fantasies. And if you think this is what you yourself agree with then man up and insist that thug cops who beat the crap out of kids for skateboarding in a public park or raze pensioners be charged, convicted and banged up instead of yapping that they have a tough job and that they put their lives on the line everyday, which is gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

no you don't.

no he didn't

If there was a gun pulled on the cop what should he have done? If I'm the cop I'm shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

]You know nothing about this Policeman.

i wouldn't want to know anything about low grade riff raff. i like only to know about those with good morals.

he didn't. he did what he wanted making an all ready volitile situation worse. he is a threat to society and hopefully won't be working again as a cop as he is a liability
    This is one of the most idiotic posts I've read on here. You've made your decision on a man without having a clue about him. Can't take you serious.

Nope he was issued with one (Yet to see any information on that) And he may not have had training or had the correct set-up in the squad car to facilitate this. The CCTV and officers statements tell us exactly what happened. Or we back to not trust "Whitey" aka the police. Interesting the Fist act of the assembled mob was to start looting.
    if he wasn't trained with it, he should not have been allowed out. if your issued with something you wear it. if your not trained, you look to be and you keep looking until you get the required training. that police force has a **** record so absolutely they shouldn't be trusted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Egginacup wrote: »
    I take it this quip was aimed at me. Can you explain logically why I might have egg on my face.

Because of the teenager pulling a gun on a cop and getting what he deserved being shown on video so there can be no inaccuracies as to what happened after you trying to defend him throughout the whole thread without knowing the full story.

h2005 wrote: »
    If there was a gun pulled on the cop what should he have done? If I'm the cop I'm shooting.
    as long as you retire afterwords so you won't be a liability and put the rest of us at risk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

h2005 wrote: »
    This is one of the most idiotic posts I've read on here. You've made your decision on a man without having a clue about him. Can't take you serious.

He does the same on any thread like this, he's a troll. Put him on your ignore list like any sensible person would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah and you're putting words in his mouth. Anyone who points a gun at a cop in such a situation would be classed as thug no matter what their race or background.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

as long as you retire afterwords so you won't be a liability and put the rest of us at risk
    So a police officer, confronted by an armed man, shoots the armed man, should lose his job.....hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

if he wasn't trained with it, he should not have been allowed out. if your issued with something you wear it. if your not trained, you look to be and you keep looking until you get the required training. that police force has a **** record so absolutely they shouldn't be trusted

I'm sure you have a link to the new law passed compelling people to wear these ? All I know is that officers are getting some kind of training and can use these cameras. I agree wearing them is a good thing btw. But in this case it would not have changed a thing. Probably in M.B case also as the evidence supports what the officers did and what their actions lead to. None story in both cases if the officers in Question were black.

He does the same on any thread like this, he's a troll. Put him on your ignore list like any sensible person would do.
    just because you don't like my opinion or me speaking the truth does not make me a troll

So a police officer, confronted by an armed man, shoots the armed man, should lose his job.....hmmmm
    he is a liability and bringing risk on to the rest of the force, therefore he has to go. unfair, but thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he is a liability and bringing risk on to the rest of the force, therefore he has to go. unfair, but thats life.

What would you do in that cops situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We are all equal as whatever colour we all are.

I am sick to death with all the race cards and black this black that.

It is extremely sad people have been shot and killed but the U.S is one dangerous place.

I hope all the mindless riots stop and executions of officers along with innocent people that are murdered every day its sad and disgusting and I just hope people will cop on with themselves.

Do not pull a gun on an officer or try and take their weapon and these shootings would not happen.

R.I.P to all those that have lost their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm pro police officers carrying cameras as it's an excellent way to show that they are doing their jobs to the best of their skill and ability. The caveat is that those officers should be authorised to use that footage against suspects in court as proof of work done.

However; to the posters here that appear not to trust the police in any way, shape or form - would you be willing to wear a camera recording everything you say and do at work; especially something that might happen expectantly at work which is solely to do with your area of responsibility? Do you not feel your employer and peers should have some element of trust in your skill and ability?

No police officer goes out at the start of their shift thinking 'today i'm going to kill someone'. Does a firefighter go into work thinking 'today i will attend a sudden, emergency house fire and i won't bother putting it out and let everyone inside die' or does a surgeon go into work thinking 'today an emergency patient will come in and i won't bother performing surgery and will let them die'.

Just putting it out there. People need to trust that the Police are human beings too who, contrary to popular belief; are already subject to many checks and balances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    "That fear is gone. Now that fear is in us."
    You didn't read it at all, did you?

Ah, I read it, but I think we came to different opinions. I don't see anything wrong with the bad guys he referenced in that statement fearing the long arm of the law. When the police show up, I think they should damned well be afraid. The point of the police is to stop bad guys from doing what they want, no? I interpreted that you read it as 'fear of being killed.' If that is incorrect, I apologise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

FGR wrote: »
    I'm pro police officers carrying cameras as it's an excellent way to show that they are doing their jobs to the best of their skill and ability. The caveat is that those officers should be authorised to use that footage against suspects in court as proof of work done.

However; to the posters here that appear not to trust the police in any way, shape or form - would you be willing to wear a camera recording everything you say and do at work; especially something that might happen expectantly at work which is solely to do with your area of responsibility? Do you not feel your employer and peers should have some element of trust in your skill and ability?

No police officer goes out at the start of their shift thinking 'today i'm going to kill someone'. Does a firefighter go into work thinking 'today i will attend a sudden, emergency house fire and i won't bother putting it out and let everyone inside die' or does a surgeon go into work thinking 'today an emergency patient will come in and i won't bother performing surgery and will let them die'.

Just putting it out there. People need to trust that the Police are human beings too who, contrary to popular belief; are already subject to many checks and balances.

I actually agree with the idea of the police carrying camera/even micrphones (how realistic it is,is another question)

though I will say there is a scary amount of blind acceptance/no questioning the actions of police (happens with gaurds here too)
    to blindy accept/not question them on anything will inevitably lead to abuse of power (see RCC in large parts of Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,872 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Most important thing is that gunman is dead and cop is at home with his family. There are people in prison here who don't deserve their free 3 meals, their free sky tv, their free music lessons,their free gym membership, they deserve a bullet. Ireland,where crime does pay .
    I think this man got what he deserted .

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

FGR wrote: »

if a force has a bad reputation and a bad history then it doesn't deserve the trust of the public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Santa has knocked Antonio Martin off the trending list on Twitter. Poor lad cant catch a break

• Advertisement

Most important thing is that gunman is dead and cop is at home with his family.

someone dead and a severe danger to society on the loose is whats important, i agree. this cop needs to be shiped off somewhere else or pensioned off now to ensure less risk to the rest.
    There are people in prison here who don't deserve their free 3 meals, their free sky tv, their free music lessons,their free gym membership

if they even have those things they do deserve them. they would have got them via the rewards and privilages scheme. a scheme which means such rewards and privilages can be taken away for bad behaviour, and for good behaviour one will be rewarded. it is an incentive to behave and reform, and means the prison runs smoothly.
    they deserve a bullet.

lovely. your no better then the people you say deserve a bullit.
    Ireland,where crime does pay .

stop reading the indo. its rotting your brain
    I think this man got what he deserted .

no he didn't.

Advertisement