Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I already have my storyline roughly planned out, just hoping i'll get the pick i need/want in the 2nd round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers con man very pleased to have gotten my 1st pick. My perfect 2nd pick would have been Rollins (but perhaps not to feud with Punk) but iI knew he wouldn't last till then especially with a potential tag partner, though in retrospect Rollins would be the one of those 2 everyone would actually want to write for.
    CM Punk to walk out on fledgling UFC career?!?

Rumours are swirling that Phil "CM Punk"Brooks may already have decided that he has had enough of the ultimate fighting world. The chicago native and former ROH, WWE, WECWF & MNG wrestler is shockingly being tipped for a switch back to the squared circle. What sparked all this was a simple tweet moments after Punk was subjected to a rediculous UFC questions and answers session with UFC fans whom punk later described as "Knuckle draggers". The tweet simple stated "heading to the BWA" although this reporter believes Punk may actually be doing something called trolling the internet and the fact that the tweet was accompanied by a picture of 2 tickets to a BWA Raw event may suggrst too much is being read into it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Delighted with getting Bryan. Had a few more ideas of who I wanted if I didn't get him but am now very hopeful of getting my main event match! Have a few ideas for picks in the next round even if I am a late pick in the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Ohh was kinda hoping Bryan might last till my turn, ignorant on my part! Great pick obviously!

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Ohh was kinda hoping Bryan might last till my turn, ignorant on my part! Great pick obviously!
    Again, my idea for my main event is taking a lot of my focus and I needed a technical wrestler for it. Daniel Bryan was far and away my first choice.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Again, my idea for my main event is taking a lot of my focus and I needed a technical wrestler for it. Daniel Bryan was far and away my first choice.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with him..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Dang another pick gone well done mate looking forward to seeing what ya do with him

ah here... MNG plus SCSA!!!

well played sir

Ouch... Big pick by MNG!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Nice pick I was tempted like really tempted to pick him.
    So MNG and stone cold together right lads an ladies.... sh1t just got real....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Picked Triple H. Dont have a storyline for him but he's versatile enough to fit any storyline i think up for him. Uncle Walt PM'ed too

Picked Triple H. Dont have a storyline for him but he's versatile enough to fit any storyline i think up for him. Uncle Walt PM'ed too
    Still a very good pick though!

Thanks for the epic pic BH :cool:

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Thanks for the epic pic BH :cool:

your welcome :D had good fun writing for Bret last year, made him a complete Pr!ck

edit: and just incase anyone is having trouble finding the picks thread, it has been stickied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Only two more to go, I have 100% faith that my picks won't be taken, but I have been proven wrong before!

Only two more to go, I have 100% faith that my picks won't be taken, but I have been proven wrong before!

I'm almost 100% sure I know who your pick is, and I cant wait to see how you book em man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sorry lads, never got a PM. I'll make my pick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Sorry lads, never got a PM. I'll make my pick now.

Sorry about that I taught I send it. My internet must have went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's a really interesting idea TBC.

Makes a mental note to draft Blue Pants :pac:

Pick made and PM sent.

I mentioned it on the podcast before and decided to go for this year. Because it's ladies night!

• Advertisement

Pick made and PM sent.

I mentioned it on the podcast before and decided to go for this year. Because it's ladies night!

Well i was 100% WRONG!!!! I totally expected you to pick something else!!! But yeah this could be a stroke of genius if this is where you're going....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brilliant move by tbc which right away distinguishes him from everyone. It's a gutsy move too and it could prove a masterstroke.

Also, not only that, but for those of us that want women's wrestlers, now we can't rest easy like in previous years that we can wait a few rounds to get them! If you want a woman wrestler badly, you can't assume they'll be safe. It will make future picks even more interesting.

To quote J.R. I think business just picked up here!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Brilliant move by tbc which right away distinguishes him from everyone. It's a gutsy move too and it could prove a masterstroke.

Also, not only that, but for those of us that want women's wrestlers, now we can't rest easy like in previous years that we can wait a few rounds to get them! If you want a woman wrestler badly, you can't assume they'll be safe. It will make future picks even more interesting.

To quote J.R. I think business just picked up here!

And it's one that I'll be 100% sticking to, regardless if others suddenly start looking to draft women earlier than normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some interesting picks so far and really didn't think any divas would get picked in R1, thebostoncrab must an plan for them and in those two especially you have the cream of the crop imo

I thought Angle might have lasted a bit longer as in I hoped he would

Is R2 also a stip free round?

Campo don't ruin my night 1 more to my pick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some interesting picks so far and really didn't think any divas would get picked in R1, thebostoncrab must an plan for them and in those two especially you have the cream of the crop imo

I thought Angle might have lasted a bit longer as in I hoped he would

Is R2 also a stip free round?

R2 is reversed order, so if you're 18 this round you become 3 in R2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

R2 is reversed order, so if you're 18 this round you become 3 in R2 :)

But there is no stip besides reverse draw order yes?

As far as i know the reversal is the stipulation

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Certainly women only promotions is a gimmick that has worked so well for the many all female wrestling companies that are selling out arenas all over this planet of .... oh ... wait.... not so much

;)

Have to admit though, it did make me stop and consider my options for a moment.

• Advertisement

Sin Eater wrote: »
    Certainly women only promotions is a gimmick that has worked so well for the many all female wrestling companies that are selling out arenas all over this planet of .... oh ... wait.... not so much

;)

Have to admit though, it did make me stop and consider my options for a moment.

We have already sold out 5 nights in Crocker by calling the event "Garth Brooks - Mania"

Advertisement